The online racing simulator

Poll : Easy peasy - choose all that appeal!

Closed since :
Blackwood GP, 17 laps
Fern Bay Club, 32 laps (TAA you psycho!)
Fern Bay Gold Rev, 16 laps
Westhill Int Rev, 13 laps
Kyoto Ring National, 12 laps
Aston North, 10 laps
Kyoto Ring GP Long, 9 laps
South City Long Rev, 13 laps
LFS UK Gathering Poll 10 - Track for FXO GTR
This poll is for the people who have expressed an interest in attending the 3rd LFS UK Gathering / Meeting / whatever, as detailed here. Please do not vote otherwise. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys

Nearly there with the polls!

No poll just yet, I just want a little discussion for the shortlist of tracks to be included in the poll. Please remember there will only be at most 10 cars on the track, we've only one shot at the race so we need somewhere that will give us the best chance of action and enjoyment over a 20 minute period.

/discuss
To get the ball rolling, some suggestions:

* Blackwood GP, 17 laps
* South City Long (or Rev), 13 laps
* Fern Bay Gold (or Rev), 16 laps
* Westhill Int Rev, 13 laps
* Aston North, 10 laps
* Kyoto National, 12 laps
SO long =)
#4 - bozo
I think South City would be better for the other car. I would prefer one of the last 3 tracks mentioned ...

* Westhill Int Rev, 13 laps
* Aston North, 10 laps
* Kyoto National, 12 laps
FE club Yes I mean that seriously
I wouldn't mind Fern Bay Gold...
#7 - t1ger
I can not think of any more specific suggestions so I am happy to wait for the poll. (spot the copy and paste! )

Tim
#8 - nihil
Kyoto GP circuit - even doing slowish laps you could do an eight lap race in twenty minutes. It would be nice to settle into a longer rhythm and... well, LFS doesn't actually have any loooongggg tracks, does it?
#9 - bozo
Quote from t1ger :(spot the copy and paste! )

Hey, get down off that fence, make a decision
Quote from bozo :Hey, get down off that fence, make a decision

I will when there is a poll!

Whoa, and as if by magic, there is the poll! Lets vote....

Tim
I know I can't come and all, but I though I give you a better chance of some good combos to race, as I've noticed the car choices have been absolutely terrible.

If it was up to me, there would be LX4's for the first combo, and FO8's for the second.
Quote from DaveWS :

If it was up to me, there would be LX4's for the first combo, and FO8's for the second.

I would second that, but I think we've been infiltrated by the FWD militia...
-
(t1ger) DELETED by t1ger
Quote from nihil :I would second that, but I think we've been infiltrated by the FWD militia...

I can only speak for myself, but I selected slower cars (ie not the BF1, FO8 and FOX) because slower cars should allow for closer races over the short period of time we have.

Tim
Quote from DaveWS :I know I can't come and all, but I though I give you a better chance of some good combos to race, as I've noticed the car choices have been absolutely terrible.

Well, it was all decided by polls and majority votes (or I picked where there was a tie). While not the most exciting cars, I'm happy with these cars as I know I can still have good fun in them. GTi is quite chuckable, FXR stands up to tons of abuse. We've only two races, one in each car. It is important we keep spin outs to a minimum to avoid disappointment.
One problem with FXR + ANY SO track is the tyres...after 3 or 4 laps, the rubber melts! If we have to use a 'default' set, this may cause problems
We will be using a fixed set, but they will certainly won't be the defaults. The FXR is actually great at tyre wear (compared to other two GTRs), if the set is sensible.
Removed votes by Loz16 and DaveWS (good votes Dave but sorry, the idea is only people going should influence the decision). Can the remaining few vote? I really don't want KY National to win, great infield marred by section of oval being three times longer than I would like (yeah yeah, I know, I suggested it).
Quote from Bob Smith :I really don't want KY National to win, great infield marred by section of oval being three times longer than I would like.

Don't really know what it'll be like with a GTR - my feeling is that maybe its too short. But I like it nonetheless.... I've had some really enjoyable races on the STCC servers running KY nat and the XFG/XRG. That section of oval makes the corner preceding it so important; more than a few times, a position I thought was out of reach has been nabbed on the line by getting that corner just right. It can be a heartbreaker when you feel the tyres scrabbling for grip as you come out of that corner on the last lap though....

Still haven't worked out how some people squeeze a 2:14 lap out of the XFG....
Only 12 laps though, not many for such an organised race.

Still, I'm sure we'll all have fun whatever the combo, Tristan isn't coming after all!
#20 - bozo
Quote from Bob Smith :Can the remaining few vote? I really don't want KY National to win, great infield marred by section of oval being three times longer than I would like (yeah yeah, I know, I suggested it).

To make things easier, can I remove my vote from KY National? Less chance it will win then ...
As you wish. I'm thinking I should have shut up though, I still want people to vote honestly, that's the whole point.
Well I wouldnt mind Kyoto National winning, yes its a not the most exciting of tracks and with the fxr you are 80% flat out but i think it provides for some fun to be had. Its easy to learn, not difficult to drive and i think the races would be great. Dont get me wrong personally i prefer Fe Gold as that is a more technical track and much harder to drive but this may take out the fun concept from the meet.

So you could have a fun race on Kyoto Nat or a accident filled with everyone spread out at Fe gold with a lonely race.
The poll has ended on a tie, any suggestions on how to proceed or shall I pick one of the tied winners from a hat?
Just pick a track you think would provide a close race. I think Kyoto National is a good choice for that one, wide track, fast, provides most overtaking oppertunities...

or.....

put then all in a hat or assign a number to each track and then get some one to pick a number from 1-5 and what ever number it happens to be is the track we will race.
Since the idea of actually passing someone is a fairly optimistic one from my perspective, I'm rather more interested in the technicality of FE gold. KY national is likely to produce some flat out fun, but, lets be honest, is coming off that section of oval at 160mph into the fairly technical series of esses (with an unfamiliar controller...) any less likely to be free of dust and debris?

My vote is to go to Jamaica rather than Japan...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG