The online racing simulator
8 people in race, 21 slots
Just noticed something (wich i've seen before). 8 people in race take 21 slots. Isn't that strange? (i know there are 13 people watching, but just wanted to say something because it's a waist of serverslots). If one more joins other people have to wait because 13 people are connected, but not racing.

It's not an stcc specific problem, but because stcc servers are populair it get's noticed there. Maybe more an item for LFS developers?
Already solved, but not tonight.

The STCC server will auto-kick people who have missed too many races, but because I restarted the manager tonight (updates, not crashes ) it might not have detected the players who where already connected.

So as a general rule, it's solved. Just not tonight.
Left blank
Quote from Becky Rose :Already solved, but not tonight.

The STCC server will auto-kick people who have missed too many races, but because I restarted the manager tonight (updates, not crashes ) it might not have detected the players who where already connected.

So as a general rule, it's solved. Just not tonight.

Very cool Becky, you think of everyting Then i just want to say out I realy like your STCC-system with the licences. The Sim Touring Car Cup is fun to watch too.
One thing that was annoying me were players who had left their computers but rather than give up the slot by spectating they pitted.
#6 - SamH
Quote from keiran :One thing that was annoying me were players who had left their computers but rather than give up the slot by spectating they pitted.

I agree, that's annoying. I don't think there's much we can do though.. but if I catch 'em at it, they'll feel my fork!

IIRC, LFS will send them to spectate at the end of the race. Then, if they're not back within an acceptable amount of time, they'll be kicked. Better than nothing
It's a little better than that, it's not worried about spectate mode or anything like that, what the system does is count result packets and number of races. If they dont clock a result then they are considered afk.

So you get a few races grace, then your warned, then you are booted. So it doesnt matter how you try to get out of it, the system will kick people who are afk too long.
I think the reason for the spectating is two fold; you have people who want to be in the server, because sometimes it is quite hard to get in sometimes, and secondly, alot of people "sit it out" for all the super noobs to leave. Get that alot in the UF1 server. And I dont blame them; get an experienced field of 15-20 UF1's and it probably the most fun to be had.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG