The online racing simulator
1024 Skins download
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Chaos
1024 Skins download via link
Is there a possibility to manually download 1024 skins from LFSW from drivers I choose? I looked all over LFSW and only found the possibility to download all my 1024 skins in a .zip ...

(I would like to make a 1024 skinpack of league skins for everybody to download...)

If it is not possible, I think it would be a nice feature...
It should be an option to download 1024 skins from everyone.
this is what LFS Files is for, im pretty positive when i say it wont be happening with LFSW, because that would be alot of space we'd take up, and alot of bandwidth would be required
Victor has already explained that they are doing the 512 download on purpose as a 'first step' into seeing how the features works and how much bandwidth is requires. It would cost them double what they are paying now probably, and the server would constantly require more and more space. Allthough I recall Victor saying that they could just keep putting new harddrives in... that is still not something that should be needed. All I have to say is, is if you want 1024 skins they should host it elsewhere. The 512 skins downloaded online is a perfect and quick size for everyone that is using upwards of ISDN speeds.

This has been discussed so many times before, everyone knows some people want to download 1024 skins, but it is just the fact that it costs the devs more and requires more than what we have going on now. And I think Victor said that in the future he might consider raising the size/quality, but not anytime soon I guess. Also think about future releases of LFS, which would most likely include more cars... again the space required is raised, and things become bigger and bigger. Eventually things will have to be upgraded, but in my opinion it isn't absolutely necessary right now, it is perfectly fine what we have now.

Quote from XCNuse :this is what LFS Files is for, im pretty positive when i say it wont be happening with LFSW, because that would be alot of space we'd take up, and alot of bandwidth would be required

LFS Files will not be hosting anybody's normal old personal skin files in the official download sections, there will be personal garage sections in the forum to post your skins there seperately or in a zip. This is due to the fact that LFS Files was lacking in the ease of finding quality skins at 1024 size. This also makes it easier for people who 'want' their work in the official download area to actually recieve comments and to improve, so they could possibly get their file showcased. Hard to explain, but you'll see how it works soon
#5 - Chaos
Quote from Tweaker :Victor has already explained that they are doing the 512 download on purpose as a 'first step' into seeing how the features works and how much bandwidth is requires. It would cost them double what they are paying now probably, and the server would constantly require more and more space. Allthough I recall Victor saying that they could just keep putting new harddrives in... that is still not something that should be needed. All I have to say is, is if you want 1024 skins they should host it elsewhere. The 512 skins downloaded online is a perfect and quick size for everyone that is using upwards of ISDN speeds.

This has been discussed so many times before, everyone knows some people want to download 1024 skins, but it is just the fact that it costs the devs more and requires more than what we have going on now. And I think Victor said that in the future he might consider raising the size/quality, but not anytime soon I guess. Also think about future releases of LFS, which would most likely include more cars... again the space required is raised, and things become bigger and bigger. Eventually things will have to be upgraded, but in my opinion it isn't absolutely necessary right now, it is perfectly fine what we have now.

LFS Files will not be hosting anybody's normal old personal skin files in the official download sections, there will be personal garage sections in the forum to post your skins there seperately or in a zip. This is due to the fact that LFS Files was lacking in the ease of finding quality skins at 1024 size. This also makes it easier for people who 'want' their work in the official download area to actually recieve comments and to improve, so they could possibly get their file showcased. Hard to explain, but you'll see how it works soon

I think you did not understand what I thought. I meant to be able do download the 1024 skins via browser from the LFSW. The files are there (because you can download your own 1024 skins in a .zip) so the space question is not in place. Ingame downloading of 1024 skins is not necessary, I agree, but I would like to do some screenies and because we have sponsors who gave us prizes worth of $1000 I need all ads to be clearly visible...

I can ask everybody to send me their skins via email, but why should I do it this way, when the 1024 skins are on a server, but I can't download them... Asking people to send them is a option, but i'm sure that I will not get everyone's skin... Some people are too lazy...
If all you really want is higher quality screenshots to show off ads from some sponsors, then you must surely already have access to the 1024 skins? If not, how many skins are you talking about? I would have thought that getting access to all the 1024 skins within LFSW is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Why not just get the people concerned to mail you the skins, unless for some reason, they don't want you to have the full res versions?
#7 - Chaos
Quote from al heeley :If all you really want is higher quality screenshots to show off ads from some sponsors, then you must surely already have access to the 1024 skins? If not, how many skins are you talking about? I would have thought that getting access to all the 1024 skins within LFSW is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Why not just get the people concerned to mail you the skins, unless for some reason, they don't want you to have the full res versions?

Well I only have access to the 1024 ad template for everyone to use, not the actual skins... I guess we will have about 60 drivers (skins)

Well as I said I can tell everyone to mail me their skins, but I know I will not get every single one, although the skins will be on LFSW (without skin the driver can't race), because some people are just too lazy, believe me, I'm organising leagues for over a year now and some can't even read the rules of the league... So getting them to mail me a file can't happen...

What I'm asking is: add a link to driver skins maybe in online stats on LFSW, I'm sure not many people would use it anyway and because the 512 skins downloaded ingame are enough...
Quote from Tweaker :Hard to explain, but you'll see how it works soon

How soon is soon?
No I understand what you meant Chaos, the large space and bandwidth required still applies to someone downloading off of LFSW. LFSW supported the skin download feature for in the game. It never really was intended to be a skin resource full of files downloadable off the web.

Quote from Chaos :I can ask everybody to send me their skins via email, but why should I do it this way, when the 1024 skins are on a server, but I can't download them... Asking people to send them is a option, but i'm sure that I will not get everyone's skin... Some people are too lazy...

Emailing someone to send you a high quality skin is not that hard

Oh well
Quote from Tweaker :Emailing someone to send you a high quality skin is not that hard

The problem is not on my side, but on the other...
#11 - jmkz
HDD Space is very cheap and is not the issue, bandwidth is

1024 Skins download
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG