The online racing simulator
All New License System
I rewrote the license system today, it's brand new shiny and blinging From the ground up it is all new code so teething problems may occur, but having said that *touch wood* it appears totally stable so far.

It has some very nice new features, at the console type $help to get a list of commands, although you might find you have to join race before it syncs.
Cool becky
Good news to hear :-)

EDIT: Just raced a couple... $help worked, but $license wouldn't do anything.
#4 - SamH
You probably entered "$licence" instead of "$license". I just checked, and while "$license" works, Becky hasn't coded for the correct spelling of the word
Like I said, a few minor teething problems...

You have to be in a car for the console commands to work too btw.
Teething Problems List - Should be fixed now
  • LX6 might not be selectable (currently requires titanium license, should be platinum)
  • Licence report might not be always going to the correct connection
  • Small non-fatal memory leak causing servers to select tracks not on their rotation
  • Licence not spelled in SamH appeasement manner
  • Disability Driver-Aid Exemptions
  • Lap Calculation Adjusted
  • End Race Restart Spam Removed
I was spelling it correctly(license), more than once. It just didn't send me anything back. :haha:
license is how I used to spell it, but Sam said that was wrong. I have no idea.

There are a few factors it relies on to work, it needs to recognise you joining the race in order to link your connection details with your player name in the chat console. If i've restarted the management software (which I did a few times today whilst sorting out minor glitches) then you'd need to spectate and rejoin for those commands to work.

Also if you've just joined a server obviously they wont work until you join the race.

Aside from that, the current spelling of the licence command is 'licence'. I think in the next update I might make all spellings and miss-spellings of that command work .
Even lfs.net uses "license", so screw you Sam
"Licence" is the correct spelling because it refers to the noun licence that you possess, whereas "license" is a verb, i.e., "to license" or "licensing".

edit: btw, i was on the s1 bronze earlier when the track was bl1 and the automatic restart didn't occur during the 5 odd races I drove. Maybe we just voted too early, jic.
Americans really have done it for the English language..

Licence => British English
License => American English

Who knows :S Bottom line is that w/e the reasons, I was correct in stating that the correct form is "licence"
Well now I'm just confused. So to make this work do I type $license or $licence ? :something
Quote :the current spelling of the licence command is 'licence'

$help
I always got license mixed up untill I figured this out:

"license" has a "c" and a "s" that I always get mixed up (lisence)

"c" comes before "s" in the dictionary so

license
#17 - Jakg
its not how you spell the word license as in the order of letters, rather that the americans bastardized the english language and spelt it differently
#18 - SamH
I have two cards in front of me.. my Illinois Drivers License and my UK Driving Licence. I rest my case
Quote from jakq :bastardized

^^ Pff
#21 - Jakg
my point exactly!
it doesnt seem to work correctly atm
i didnt get any progress messages at the end of the race and the $licence command didnt work to any noticeable effect either
That'd be because I restarted it, dont worry you got points - you just need to spectate and join again for the messaging system to know what connection you are on.

I restarted it a few times tonight for a new feature, see seperate post.
Quote from Becky Rose :That'd be because I restarted it, dont worry you got points

i know i checked with the ukct page

Quote :you just need to spectate and join again for the messaging system to know what connection you are on.

weird i did try that ... didnt help
but since theres a known reason for this its all good
Becky - Just a quick note to say thanks for taking the time to do this, I'm really enjoying my time on the STCC servers while watching my license gradually accrue (even if I do come in last half the time, lol)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG