The online racing simulator
Round 2 Westhill - post race discussion.
Discuss the race here.

The finish:

Points for this race:
RevengeR: 10 points
Cawwa: 8 points
Burnsy1882: 6 points
Scoop: 4 points
Razvan: 2 points

Xenoa: 10 points
Davo: 3 points
Locovich: 2 points

Vain: 10 points
Hyperactive: 2 points
What a huge disappointment for me. Basically I had to learn a totally new car for this race with a track that I raced so little. Basically I tried to drive the FZ50 in the preceeding weeks as much as possible to get to know the car but in the end it wasn't worth it. A disco on 10th lap

And only 2 people in the LRF class. Must have been quite boring race for Vain after I discoed... was probably my last race in U30 as well... maybe it is the older lfs version after all :/
#3 - Cawwa
I was in a big hurry since I was late and connected right when the qualy started.
Nothing was right!! The car was so strange, the view was strange everything was strange. So I disconnected my new TrackIR and got a better view and just drove as many laps as possible in qyaly to get some rythm. It didn't succed. The car was still strange since I had little fuel and the race set (I thought).
Anyway, the start was off and I tryed to take it easy but the car just couldn't behave proper in the lefthanders. After the pitstop I started to get adapted to the cars behaviour and changed the driving style a bit. Was little better and I even drow an online pb! At the end I thought the rf would explode so I took it easy but didn't want to loose another lap to Rev. I succeded and crossed the finish line.
When I now afterwards checked the setup it said As3ScipyCaw. Hmm ... I know that much that Aston National goes the other way around and I dont use much wing on that one either ...

Anyway I feel sorry for all you who left from different reasons but specially Razvan. You should have got that second place! It felt more like "last man standing" for me.
Grats to Rev! No one could touch you here ... too ....
Well, I was impressed by the civility on the track today. Except for 2 long straights, the majority of Westhill is medium speed corners, VERY difficult to negotiate. Best of all, no accidents in the pace car lap! Except for RevengeR forgetting how to steer.

I was rather saddened by the amount of disconnects and drop outs, 50% of the starting grid just vanished...oh well. Saddening, but I am optimistic. This league only started two months ago, and I am determined to make it work.

So...low turnout, but overall? A good race. A few nerfs and bumps here and there; May I point out to the GTR drivers that the "little guys" are no match for you, so when passing, make sure to negotiate the pass with caution and most of all NEGOTIATE THE PASS WITH A LITTLE PATIENCE.
#5 - Davo
Not enough laps on this track and no qual set put me 3rd in GT2. Start was pretty good and manged to keep up with the guys infront but met soem tyres on the track on lap 5 or so and had a big off damaging my suspension and had to pit. Race over from there, just hotlapping and trying to catch them but being over 30seconds behind wasn't helping. .

Locovich discoed, lfsn00b went to play in the sandpit and then there were only 2 of us left in GT2. Around an hour in, my pc decided it had enough and win32 processes crashed my sound card and lfs at the same time. I returned to lfs with no sound just to spectate because I can't drive without sound. Dismal race from me. I'm just happy I'm scoring some points atleast.

Not sure what happened with Scoop but I saw you in my mirror then you span. Sorry if I was in the way but I had nowhere to go and stuck to the outside of the track in that tight corner. The the second incident I tried to stick to the outside but got a bump and sent off the track. Apart from that the lapping wasn't as bad as I thought, although there weren't many GT3s on the track which made it easier
I'd been experimenting with my race set in qualifying and I forgot to put it back to what I knew worked so I ended up with a car that undeersteered, oversteered and was very twitchy. I got annoyed after crashing twice so I just disconnected. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get it sorted out earlier for the next race.
#7 - Vain
I did some 50 laps in preparation for this event and counted on Hyperactive to basically blow me away, since his pb was quite a bit lower than my pb at the time. I hoped we would meet somewhere between his number of laps and my experience with the car to have a nice race.
In quali I somehow managed to make my last two laps a 1:52.10 and a 1:52.11, even though I didn't get lower than 1:52.4 ever before. That's how I qualified in front of Hyperactive.
In the first few laps I somehow managed to rather consistantly score high 1:52 laps even though I started with 100% fuel, which is a lot in the FZ5. But as soon as Hyperactive disconnected I completely lost it, because I didn't have anything to concentrate on.
The only mistake of the race was during the last laps when I allowed one of the GTRs to pass me on the inside of the last corner. I slightly underestimated the outside line and hit the grass, losing me some seconds.
Anyway, respect to Hyperactive for competing with me in 'my' car.

Generally a big thanks to everyone. The passing that was going on was really neat. Well done everybody.

Vain
#8 - Davo
Quote from LFSn00b :Totally bad race for me. I drove the first 6 laps just awfully. I was sweaty, my heart beated like a speedmetal drumplay or something, and in the last lap i drove, my tire popped. I wasn't able to turn very well, that caused me to go on sand. I tried to come off the sand for about 5-7 laps, but then i gave up.

Very usual race for me.

Sounds like you were driving a hotlap set and fried your tyres. You need a proper race set to use over long distances. Those inferno sets are lucky to last a 5 lap pickup race.
Quote from LFSn00b :Totally bad race for me. I drove the first 6 laps just awfully. I was sweaty, my heart beated like a speedmetal drumplay or something, and in the last lap i drove, my tire popped. I wasn't able to turn very well, that caused me to go on sand. I tried to come off the sand for about 5-7 laps, but then i gave up.

Very usual race for me.

Well, if it was usual, what can do to make it unusual? I know you dont have many laps under your belt, but I was participating in racing 2 weeks after I bought S2, 4 weeks after I started playing the game.

See, you will never win in the first few laps. What you need to do is to think about a strategy, and right now in my opinion, you need to work on being consistent. Dont treat a long race like a sprint race, think about how you can you can conserve your tires and your energy.

Also practice. This is why I ask for a minimum of 50 laps, its so you can get a feel for braking points and the feel the character of the car and track. Remember, there are other out there very determined to win, and in a sense, it can be construed as insulting to the ones who put their time into a particular race.

I would like to see you again racing, but please note what I have said.
That´s not fair.... i simply hate disconnections.... all you prepared for noting....
I had a great set, very fast and stable.... but it was useless...

Talking about the rolling start... i think we can do it a little better....
1) we crossed the star line all messed up, completely disorganized.
2) i didn´t know when accelerate, i did it when the car ahead did.

I suggest:
1) when entering the main straight line up in double file formation but always keeping visible the car ahead, so we must be a little behind from the next car.
2) a clear message "green flag"

please, don´t misunderstand this post i only want to help...

Pd: excuse me for my english
Quote from jayhawk :Well, I was impressed by the civility on the track today. Except for 2 long straights, the majority of Westhill is medium speed corners, VERY difficult to negotiate. Best of all, no accidents in the pace car lap! Except for RevengeR forgetting how to steer.

I was rather saddened by the amount of disconnects and drop outs, 50% of the starting grid just vanished...oh well. Saddening, but I am optimistic. This league only started two months ago, and I am determined to make it work.

So...low turnout, but overall? A good race. A few nerfs and bumps here and there; May I point out to the GTR drivers that the "little guys" are no match for you, so when passing, make sure to negotiate the pass with caution and most of all NEGOTIATE THE PASS WITH A LITTLE PATIENCE.

well, my wheel's center position moved like 90° to the right, so i couldnt countersteer fast enuff, thats y i spun. later during the race, that damn center position kept moving a lot, so most of the laps were different
Quote from RevengeR :well, my wheel's center position moved like 90° to the right, so i couldnt countersteer fast enuff, thats y i spun. later during the race, that damn center position kept moving a lot, so most of the laps were different

U have Logitech MOMO right? I had the same problem, most of the time i had to race with the wheel turned 20 degrees(to keep dead center), a bit annoying, but anyway. Im a bit saddened by the DC, but eh thats life, im surprised i got some points, i was expecting a DNF, , i guess we will see eachother on KY National, . Good Race Everyone
Quote from Razvan :U have Logitech MOMO right? I had the same problem, most of the time i had to race with the wheel turned 20 degrees(to keep dead center), a bit annoying, but anyway. Im a bit saddened by the DC, but eh thats life, im surprised i got some points, i was expecting a DNF, , i guess we will see eachother on KY National, . Good Race Everyone

g25
I have only probs with my G25 if I hold the wheel when I start up windows. The calibration goes totaly wrong and it dont help to recalibrate in LFS. Otherwise it work like a dream. Have you checkmarked "Lock calibration"? If not ... do that.
I did, but still, the center position sometimes goes totally nuts. It didnt do it before, just in the past few days..
Oki .. something is wrong then. I might add that I don't use Logitech Profile. All mappings go via LFS
to RevengeR:

I had problem just like that with MoMo Force (blackone), but now with g25 no problems at all. I tried a lot of things to get that MoMo centering problem fixed but couldnt do it...so went and bought a g25, and it was worth every euros i had to pay for it =P
#18 - Vain
Quote from RevengeR :I did, but still, the center position sometimes goes totally nuts. It didnt do it before, just in the past few days..

Quick-problem analyser:
1. Is the warranty still valid?
If yes, no matter the problem, head straight for Logitech support - they're usually rather helpful.
If no, proceed to 2.
2. Does the center position switch instantaneously?
If yes, it's an electrical problem. Make sure all electrical connections outside and inside the wheel are fine. Check your WD40.
If no, proceed to 3.
3. Does the center position slowly drift aside?
If yes, it's a mechanical problem. Open the wheel and check the potentiometer of the wheel. It might be loose.

I hope that helps.

Vain
Well, my g25 is from the USA, and i live in hungary, so no way ill send it back. The center position only moves when i turn the wheel really fast, although its ok since yesterday's race, and i did plenty of laps today. It didnt do it before, and havent done it today, so i hope it will be fine in the future
I also took it apart like 4 times, since there was some strange clicking rasping sound when it hit the adjusted steering angle. Its ok now, and even turns much smoother than before.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG