The online racing simulator
Failed to connect to Master Server
Hi all,

I've not been playing LFS for a few months and have just updated to the new version V. However, since my last stint on this game, I have installed a new PC and thus had to do a new fresh install of the game. My problem is that I cannot connect to the master server in any format, to unlock my S2 license or obtain any game lobbies. It just times out with 'Unable to connect to master server' message.

I have completely removed the game and downloaded the full version (not just the patch) but this is not helping, so at present I am stuck with the demo version and no online games.

Please help..... I need a descent drive.....
Have you configured your (software) firewall? Maybe it is blocking LFS?
Have you got patch V?
Quote from hrtburnout :Have you got patch V?

Did you read the post?

By the sound of things you haven't got any other games to try, chances are it's a configuration issue with your new PC and nothing LFS specific.
Games I am currently playing include many online games, I am also a great MMORPG fan and am playing World of Warcraft most nights together with BF2/BF2142 and also the new 'Race' WTCC game. Non of these have any problems at all, it's just LFS - it will not contact the master server.......

Just cos I got a new PC, doesn't mean I have no games.... for god safe, have you lot not heard on re-installing games and software when you upgrade... The pc in question is about 4 months old now and is a 3.2GHz Intel Duel with 1.5Gb (800MHz) DDR2. I reinstalled the main software due to upgrading from XP Home to Pro but my second 200Gb drive is from my old system with this new one having a 300Gb drive (both SATA).

I've checked the program control in Zone Alarm Pro and LFS is set to allow Internet connection and allowed to act as a server, so should be no problems there.

Please help, serious answers only...
Sorry if I took that the wrong way but you did post:

Quote from BabylonCome : at present I am stuck with the demo version and no online games.

So I had to check. Remember, we have to assume you're a noob until proven otherwise.

Nothing else really springs to mind though. Can you ping the master server (master.liveforspeed.net)?
I must eat some humble pie, I think the problem is my end with Zone Alarm. There was an update recently and the new version appears to be blocking most of my programms including LFS. I have registered my license but still no games in the lobby. But a few other freshly installed games are having the same problem, cannot retrieve a lobby list from them.

It appears I need to play with my paranoid firewall..........
#8 - Bean0
Junk ZA and get Kerio maybe ?
I have never had any issues using it
I've sorted Zone Alarm out now, I can connect and play all other games I have except LFS, it still won't find the master server and retrieve a game list in the lobby. Any other suggestions please?
Disable or even remove zone alarm, antivirus etc. Does LFS work now?
It's obvious that there is something wrong at your end with your firewall or security settings, cause the Master Server has no problem.

Can you ping the master server as bob suggested at earlier posts?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG