The online racing simulator

Poll : Final car choices, please choose at least one road and one race car

Closed since :
FXO GTR
XR GT
XF GTi
FZ50 GTR
XR GTR
LFS UK Gathering Poll 8 - LFS Combo (part 2)...
OK, moving on, let's finalise the car choices. The last poll indicates the classics of the XF GTi and XR GT as the most popular road cars for this event, so let's pick one of them now. It may be possible to run both but I'm not sure at this stage, let's assume we have to pick one and if it turns out later we'll be able to choose (since these two cars are almost perfectly matched) then we'll go with that.

On the race cars front, the big GTRs have won, these cars are certainly not matched so we need to pick one for us all to have fun in.

You know the drill, place your votes. Again you can vote for more than one car in each class.

Cheers
I'd rather have the Formula V8 than the big GTRs but we the whole point of the polls is that we go with the majority so as many people are as happy as possible.
GTRs With ASNAT
Quote from LFSn00b :No! I want to try something new. How about... Ky GP Long and GTRs!

dang I missed like 3 polls =(

I would like to try out some single seaters aswell but the FXO GTR will work well too aswell as the XRG =)

For tracks I would love to AS cadet being used for the road cars and a mid size city course for the FXOGTR =)
Quote from Viper93 :dang I missed like 3 polls =(

I've waited a week for each poll before moving on, I appreciate not everyone visits daily (or more often) but with the email announcements that's enough time to get your say in within dragging the whole process out unnecessarily. Ideally we could all meet in a pub and sort this out in a couple of hours over a few beers, but that's not feasable to the slow way it is.

LFSn00b/james - As for tracks, we'll shortlist some appropriate tracks for each car and ones that are proving popular will be added into a poll. So there are two more polls coming for that. Save that discussion for later in the week. I will add at this point I bloody hope we won't be driving GTRs at AS National.
I must have missed the announcments for the polls between 5 and 8 then =( Ahwell I can live with the cars, I do like the FXR =)
#7 - nihil
Quote from Bob Smith :I bloody hope we won't be driving GTRs at AS National.

Don't even add AS national to the poll... Please....

Forgot to vote for a road car, would prefer RWD...
Quote from nihil :Forgot to vote for a road car, would prefer RWD...

Thanks, added your vote to the count.
Well I think I've just sussed out partially why the number of voters seems low... for some reason even though they'd emailed me I hadn't added Bladerunner or IRHB to the mailing list. :doh: Viper93 - you're definately in the mailing list though, if you're not receiving the emails perhaps I can send them to another account?
Also lou556 is in the list but I don't have an email or PM from him, so not sure how he got added since he has never posted in these threads either.

Also jamesrowe - you forgot to vote for a road car, which do you prefer so I can add a vote accordingly?

The GTR car seems picked but it's pretty close betwen the XF and XR so let's wait for the final few votes to come though to see if there's a clear winner.
OK two odd votes just appeared:

Blaeza - you've voted but I didn't know you were intested in coming, could you please confirm this so I know not to removed your votes.

scoobyrbac - seeing as you're 15 and from Ohio, I'm assuming you voted in error. Your vote has been removed.
Blaeza's votes removed - he had mistakenly voted.

Although this leaves us with a tie for the road cars. If one of the other GTRs had "won" then I'd pick the GTI for a variety of drivetrains, however since the AWD is proving immensly popular I can't think of grounds to pick one over another. Any suggestions?
RWD =) RWD =) RWD =)

If there was an FXO I would say that car to see how it feels compaired to my SRT-4.

Talking about that they are picking up the car today or tomorrow and I should see my baby by the last week in March =)

Anyone up for a trip down to this thing yet? =P
It's really bugging me when people vote without reading the thread. Now we have a mysterious vote by "Easy_E". I'm assuming, since he's from Germany, he mistakenly voted to. So I've removed that vote too.
#15 - bozo
I would say FWD; the racing tends to be close and intense
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh. More people not reading the thread but voting. Always for the XRG though I notice. Anyway, GTR_Yuni's vote removed. And Bramski's vote for the FZR also removed.

How about a compromise then, we can go for the GTI to keep the FWD lovers (and noobs ) happy, but can use a sensible torque split on the FXR (none of this 40% forward lets-melt-the-front-tyres-and-make-the-car-pig-understeer-under-power rubbish).

Sound like a plan? I really don't have the energy to sort out any more tied polls.
Sounds good to me, I usually run 36% or so with AWD's to prevent tires from overheating. I don't care for XFG but I will live XRG is much more fun to drive than the snowplow.
I was thinking more like 25% (I run at about 22% myself) which is fine is the rest of the setup is adjusted accordingly. With my sets like that I've done endurance testing, easily lasted a couple of laps longer than anyone else (twice as much as some), and one lap I had three of the four tyres pop due to wear. Can't get much more even than that.
#19 - bozo
Quote from Bob Smith :Sound like a plan?

Sounds like a plan. We're nearly there aren't we? Just tracks and setups to sort?

Well done for the organising.
I agree with Bozo, well done for organising so far Ben.

However, I was thinking just now, do we think it would be an idea to assign some responsibilities to people beforehand. For example:

Person responsible for getting everybody to the event, ie directions, where to meet, when to leave the meeting place etc.

Person responsible for collecting all the money and paying the venue.

Person responsible for team A, ie organising them and making sure they all know where they need to be and what they need to be doing.

Person responsible for team B, same as team A but with another group of people.

etc...(can't think of anymore and these are only examples - hopefully you get the idea)

I know at the last meet, the people that organised it (Tristan and Will) got lumbered with everyone leaning on them for answers on the day. It would be better if people knew for definate who to look to for answers and that they knew they had to be in possesion of those answers.

Or am I just getting into a "taking this too seriously" frameset and instead we should just all sort ourselves out and have fun instead?

While I have my flame jacket on, what about name badges so we know who we all are this time? I nearly suggested it last time and when I joked about it at the event, some people actually agreed with me .

Your thoughts?

Tim

ps Ben if this is better off in one of the other threads, please move it!
Quote from t1ger :Your thoughts?

Is sending everyone time, place, date, and the centre's contact number a bit optimistic?

Anyway, I have my car back [still looking at the bill with a sense of existential despair....], so it looks like I'll be driving from South London. If that works out and anyone wants to share in a tank of diesel, let me know nearer the time.
Tim - to be honest I don't think that will all take too much effort, I'm happy to pick up all that. The two groups for for the races are determined by qualifying times anyway, so it's only the qualifying groups that need to be "decided", which should just involved 10 people sitting down while another 10 wait before their first go.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is where to head to after the meet. I've no idea how many people will be staying for a drink (alcoholic or otherwise, I'm guessing most of the drivers won't be unless people have booked hotels) and how many are intending to make a full evening of it. Since that part is entirely optional I'm not sure how to decide that in advance. I get the feeling where we'll be driving isn't exactly the hub of night life so that may mean travelling, tbh any suggestions on how to work that are definately welcomed.

So, back to the poll, no more votes are coming (I have to admit all the votes seem to happen in a couple of days but I don't want to rush people, I know not everyone checks the forum as often as I do). So I'll go with my suggestion, hopefully that will keep both the FWD and RWD lovers happy (although there won't be a true RWD car in action, for the most parts it can be setup to handle very similarly, it just takes more abuse).

Oh and as for name badges, thanks for reminding me, I am intending to get some made, haven't decided exactly in what form though. I was thinking, to keep cost low (I'll pay), since they only need to last a few hours hours, and not risk damaging clothing, I'll just get some cheapy stick on labels where I can write people's names on in thick-ish marker pen.

One last concern is that we might not get the full 20 people, the increase in cost if we only miss the figure by a few doesn't really concern me, but for every two people we drop, that's one less person in the race (amd 10 isn't a huge figure to start with), and it makes the whole event have less sense of occasion. Perhaps I'll make another thread in general discussion once we get to the confirmation stage (and suggestions on a deadline for that?) to advertise any spaces.

Right, time for a couple of new threads...
Quote from Bob Smith :Tim - to be honest I don't think that will all take too much effort, I'm happy to pick up all that.

OK, at least we all know!

Quote from Bob Smith :The two groups for for the races are determined by qualifying times anyway, so it's only the qualifying groups that need to be "decided", which should just involved 10 people sitting down while another 10 wait before their first go.

Good point, well made!

Quote from Bob Smith :The only thing I'm not sure about, is where to head to after the meet. I've no idea how many people will be staying for a drink (alcoholic or otherwise, I'm guessing most of the drivers won't be unless people have booked hotels) and how many are intending to make a full evening of it. Since that part is entirely optional I'm not sure how to decide that in advance. I get the feeling where we'll be driving isn't exactly the hub of night life so that may mean travelling, tbh any suggestions on how to work that are definately welcomed.

I know that I will be staying over in a hotel, but I also know that me and alcohol/"making a night of it" don't mix very well. I have no problem going to a pub etc and talking but when it is with people I don't know and who don't know me, if it is in somewhere where it is hard to hear yourself never mind the person you are talking to, I find it very hard to have a proper conversation. If I do not think people can "get me", I do not feel comfortable talking to them. (I am not explaining it very well, so I hope you all understand)

Dare I suggest another poll for what we do afterwards? :hide:

Quote from Bob Smith :So, back to the poll, no more votes are coming (I have to admit all the votes seem to happen in a couple of days but I don't want to rush people, I know not everyone checks the forum as often as I do). So I'll go with my suggestion, hopefully that will keep both the FWD and RWD lovers happy (although there won't be a true RWD car in action, for the most parts it can be setup to handle very similarly, it just takes more abuse).

Oh and as for name badges, thanks for reminding me, I am intending to get some made, haven't decided exactly in what form though. I was thinking, to keep cost low (I'll pay), since they only need to last a few hours hours, and not risk damaging clothing, I'll just get some cheapy stick on labels where I can write people's names on in thick-ish marker pen.

One last concern is that we might not get the full 20 people, the increase in cost if we only miss the figure by a few doesn't really concern me, but for every two people we drop, that's one less person in the race (amd 10 isn't a huge figure to start with), and it makes the whole event have less sense of occasion. Perhaps I'll make another thread in general discussion once we get to the confirmation stage (and suggestions on a deadline for that?) to advertise any spaces.

Right, time for a couple of new threads...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Tim
Quote from t1ger :
I know that I will be staying over in a hotel, but I also know that me and alcohol/"making a night of it" don't mix very well. I have no problem going to a pub etc and talking but when it is with people I don't know and who don't know me, if it is in somewhere where it is hard to hear yourself never mind the person you are talking to, I find it very hard to have a proper conversation. If I do not think people can "get me", I do not feel comfortable talking to them. (I am not explaining it very well, so I hope you all understand)

That's fine, I was born a miserable old bastard and don't wish to be deafened by music either. A quiet local pub (or two) with a range of ale and I'm set for the night, with a couple of large tables where we can all chat. Alternatively the nearest spoons is usually pretty good.

May I ask where abouts you're staying (I don't mean what hotel is it, just where the hotel is in relation to the race centre)? Or have you not booked yet?

Quote from t1ger :Dare I suggest another poll for what we do afterwards? :hide:

I can picture it now:

Do you want to:
* Be sociable
* Go home
* I just came for the beer

Quote from Bob Smith :May I ask where abouts you're staying (I don't mean what hotel is it, just where the hotel is in relation to the race centre)? Or have you not booked yet?

I haven't booked yet, but most likely this Travel Inn (its 2.2 miles away from the venue)

Quote from Bob Smith :
I can picture it now:

Do you want to:
* Be sociable
* Go home
* I just came for the beer

LOL !

Tim

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG