The online racing simulator
Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
-infinity

The more you put in the free product, the less incentives the demo players have to pay for the full product. Your'e supposed to want more, that's the point. And to get it, it's a simple matter of handing over the cash.
Quote from animal1313 :You are obviously playing the demo just fine, which is why you are complaining and demanding more stuff. Buying a license does not add anything which will demand more computing power, so it will therefore play the same way as the current demo.

Actually the S2 license brings 20-car grids, and so a full S2 server does need more computing power than a full demo server. My PC is about four years old and struggles on full servers.
LOL buy s3 and , U got all LOLEDOUT demo is demo not full game,...
Quote from Foropsico :
I am really disappointed about this comunity, at least for people posting in this forum. You are very agressive, specially with demo racers and people who make some critics about the game. You can give your reason, like many other users do, without attacking. And dont worry so much about the devs, just worry about your own life and live the devs worry about their own life. Dont make from this type of post a personal thing.
You are moving away many demo races that could buy a licence some day with this agressive behaviour.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

Its not nice,definately, but take it or leave it. If you like the game,you buy it. You also have an internet connection, and a pc, so dont tell me you dont have the money,or people around you dont have it.
Well technically, yes you are spending the devs money by using the forum. The hosting isn't free, and more posts = more required bandwidth.

But that's not the point.

The point is that demo users have no right to demand more from the software, because they have not paid for it. Would you go to a garage for a car, ask them to fit a new engine, lights, CD player, sunroof, AC and alloy wheels because you might come back and buy it in the future? I don't think so.

The demo has 4 possible track configurations (ignoring the car park) and 3 different cars. It's not time limited and you can play it online. That's not bad for free. And you expect the guys to work on more content when they're getting nothing back from it? Doesn't sound fair to me.

The S2 licensed people have paid their money, lent their support and played the full game. They know what it has and what it needs. Therefor they are the only ones qualified to ask for more.
The damage system and sounds are not an issue here - everyone has that, irrelevant of license, and we know that they're still a WIP.

However, there is no doubt about the hostility of some folks towards demo users, especially those asking for more. Maybe they should be a bit more tolerant, but you have to see their point that time spent giving content to non-paying users is time taken away from working on content for the people who have paid.

Hardcore LFS players are very protective of their product - try not to piss them off
Quote from jayhawk :Please list for me other PC based racing simulator demo that gives you online racing for no charge, 4 track combinations, 2 track configurations, 1 car park for 10 year olds to smash into each other, 3 vehicle choices and a forum to vent your discontent.

Go on! Start listing all of them!

I am waiting!!

Trackmania Nations - about 20,000 tracks, 50 or so cars, free online play. Its full of freeloading whingers, too.
If demo-users are sick of being harassed, then they should buy the game, hoping they'd get more respect!

I can't say I played the demo too long before i bought the game.. I think I bought the game partially because of LFSTweak actually, cause then I can drive the car I want to! And it's good to have it back.. Anyways, if you're into this sim, help the devs out, and pay for the game! All the content you were asking for is now available, and you can begin asking for other things!

Demanding or "giving your opinion" about what should be added to the demo is kind of rude as I see it, as you don't contribute AT ALL to the development of this game! Other than the occasional bug-report.. Apart from a few exceptions.. Am I totally wrong on this one?
Quote from Sternendaal :

Its a lot of simulator for the money Has consistent gravity, traction etc ...

I played the demo for a couple of days, alongside the competition. Now I've bought LFS I've uninstalled the other demos.
Demo users are exercising their right to freedom of choice. They play and hopefully enjoy the demo version freely provided for them. Don't have a go at them for playing and enjoying some stripped down version that's provided free. If you want to have a go at anyone, then have a go at the people who invented the game and decided to share a bit of it for free. It beats me why any S2 member would feel resentment at those people who still get pleasure from the demo, how onearth can it affect their own lives?
I don't mind demo users asking for more. Ask away, you probably won't get anything but there's no harm asking, in a way that is non-offensive.
To a very small minority of smug lynch-mob s2 members: why do you feel the need to be so offensive to Scawen's potential next customers? It just shows yourselves up in a very negative light. Now you may not care one jot about that but ask yourself if you honestly feel you are contributing positively to this community here by this attitude? If not, then please keep your attitudes to yourselves, we don't need it here.
these comments are not aimed at any one person, please be clear, but a tiny minority mindset that I would rather go back to screaming at eachother over other games.
To the OP and any other Demo players out there that may have asked themselves and others this question, the answer is very very simple.

LFS is two things. Its a physics/race simulation and its a content package of cars and tracks. The demo gives you all the physics and race simulation for FREE. The only thing you pay for when you buy a licence is the content packages.

Now since the Content Packages are the only thing you accualy have to pay for does it not make sence that they do not add any new content to the demo? Does it not make sence that there is not yet a track and vehicle editor for either demo or licenced users? If the only thing we pay for is the content why on earth would they give that away for free?

If it was up to me I would personaly change the demo. It would have a single track/config and it would have two cars, (One street, One Race with Aero). I would then limit the demo to a race length to 3 laps only and disable the other features including pitting, the F9-F12 screens, replays, etc. Give potential customers a taste of everything the sim has to offer and nothing more, just the taste.
Quote from juurme :Well i see that u all S2 lincensed and u dont understand what i mean...Acually i dont see any activate demo player in this forum

really?
Drifter[fin]
Demo Racer

You've been here a month and made 34 posts, most of which are only a handful of words. That's not exactly "active", is it?
the point is, that any demo racer hasn't the right to ask for more. He didn't pay for it, so why should he get more content? Just buy it or continue playing the demo, or go to a cs-forum to suck the people there.
look, i can understand the demo players, i was that since the 0.1N of the game.

when i was younger, i always dreamed about that if the next version comes out, the old members will recive an older version of the game (for example S1). then i realised too, that it will never come true.

the paying is also very hard firstly, its expensive, secondly they only accept it in pounds (and cant change it correctly. the hungarian-british money can be only changed by 5 pounds...).

at least i got an S1 licence, and i hope, i will have the S2 somewhere in march-april

until then: demo racers, have a good time!
Quote from Foropsico :I agree with you, i think they could add a formula and/or a high power car to give you an idea of the diferent behaviour of diferents cars.

Maybe a good improvement for the demo would be to allow S2 Licensed racers to connect to demo servers with the car of their choice.
That way the demo racers could get an idea of the diferent behaviour of diferents cars by WATCHING all the Formula XR, FZ50 GTR or BMW Sauber F1 passing by at high speed, with their powerful engines and beautiful skins.
I guess it would be more incentive to buying S2.
Quote from Soundcrash :Maybe a good improvement for the demo would be to allow S2 Licensed racers to connect to demo servers with the car of their choice.
That way the demo racers could get an idea of the diferent behaviour of diferents cars by WATCHING all the Formula XR, FZ50 GTR or BMW Sauber F1 passing by at high speed, with their powerful engines and beautiful skins.
I guess it would be more incentive to buying S2.

+1
I think the problem with that, is that to view the cars you'd need to decrypt it, if the cars are already decrypted then it's very easy for someone to write a crack to let demo users drive them (admittely LFS gets cracked anyway, but hopefully it continues to get harder with each patch).
Quote from DaveWS :AAGAGGGGGHHHHGHGGHHGHGGGHHHHH

If you want new cars and tracks, then BUY AN S2 LICENSE!!!!

Jeeze, it's not at all expensive. A shoddy game for an XBox 360 is like 50 - 60 quid (80 - 90 euros), so the what the hell is wrong with paying 24 quid!!! (or 36 euros)!! Lets see what else 36 euros can buy someone.... erm..... a couple of haircuts.... OR a good meal out... OR a t-shirt..., all which don't exactly contribute much to the amount of fun you could have if you BOUGHT A FLAMING LICENSE!!

xbox game=100$ NZ, lfs 68$ NZ
I have been playing LFS since the S1A and the demo does get pretty boring.
Demo since S1A? No wonder you're bored, you've been driving the same three cars for three years...
:P Im still waiting to buy the fricken thing. Got to setup my bank account so i can use online banking. Bloddy ANZ.
Quote from Foropsico :I am costing money to the proyect because i am posting in the forum? are you serious?
I dont have the cheek, i am just giving my opinion, if you are not agree just give you reasons without attacking the opinions of the others.

Ermm... yes. You do realise the internet doesn't just work... every time you browse a webpage you are costing that website money, all be it a very small insignificant amount but it all adds up. Every time you refresh the server list that costs the developers bandwidth. So... to you

Attacking!? So a opinion that is in depth is attacking? I'm justifying my reasons, so far you've failed to do it and are asking for more for free. Everytime someone disagrees with you it's attacking, how do you live if thats how you react to people diagreeing with you? I assume attacking to you means an answer too good for you to argue against to try and justify why you should get more for free?
Lol, by the time S3 is out, you probably have an S3 licen(c/s)e.

Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG