The online racing simulator
help with router
(14 posts, started )
help with router
Hello all,i have been playing lfs for 2 yrs now and its great fun,when i had my 2 meg service i was using a modem,Now i have upgraded to an 8 meg service i have been given a router(BT Voyager 210)i had no problems hosting with modem but at present unable to host with my router,My friend can see my server but unable to join,i dont want a dedicated server,i would like to host and play,any help in how to do this would be great,i have opened up my router manager but unsure what i gotta do next..cause am a noob.at the tech side of gaming..cheers

drlegg
#2 - Davo
omg look at the thread right at the top of this forum!
omg i did but it not helping thats why am asking i did all it says....
#4 - Jakg
have you forwarded the ports?
i have read the main post about hosting,only have xp firewall and nats firewall through router,done all the stuff it says but server is still invisable.maybe some thing i have missed,,maybe its my router ,this is my 5th one in 6 months....appart from that my 8 meg service is fine.
It's a port or firewall issue, you MUST make sure the required ports are forwarded through your router, otherwise your server will never be visible.
cheers i will go through it all again
Quote from Dr_Legg88 :cheers i will go through it all again

Did you follow the instructions on the portforward site?
my router is not on that site????but yes i did read through it.
damn maybe am working to hard or this skunk is too strong

thanks for ur help
cheers should work ok now i did not set up the static ip correctly

thanks for ur help
All sorted

but i have had to close my server as i have had 9 browser attack's and all my graphics properties had been removed not sure how this happen as am not too good on the tech side of hosting just wanted to race with my m8 as i got him into lfs and now he is hooked, since i have been running my own server.. with a router but never experienced any problems when i was using a modem..so have decided to do what i do best join someone elses server.....thanks for the help i recieved and an appology to Davo...he know's i have spoken to him..

help with router
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG