The online racing simulator
Announcement regarding rule 8, Twister Racing and date of next race
1st: One team (Mercury) got over the 40% mark with one driver by 3%. This was appealed by another team. We decided to remove the laps that were too much in order to keep a level playing field.

This does not change the results, however, since GRT pointed out to us that we missed a shift-s by them (very sportsmanlike, thx) and therefore positions will not change.

In the future, rule 8 will be set at 45%.

2nd: Twister Racing
TR is put under probation. Before the next race, each of their drivers need to submit a 30lap race(!) replay in the GTR cars which shows they can actually be capable of not being a danger to other teams. We don't mind their lack of speed, but they have been involved in too many incidents in the last two events. The races for the replays need to have at least 10 starters.

3rd: Date of Blackwood event
Currently, the next event is scheduled for Nov. 26. We will move this date to Dec. 3 as on the Nov. 26 weekend there is a big LAN-party in Germany where lot's of LFS-ers (including quite a few Moe-drivers) will go. This means we need to move the event to make sure all teams have a suitable number of drivers.
We know someone appealed it, but come on like it really matters, we got shafted enough that race to get a lovely 9th place.... geez! :doh:

I'd like to say that it was increasingly hard to manage our percentage of play because the percent on the live stats is progressive and develops for the total race time. It would be VERY nice if it showed the absolute percentage of the race for the whole total time we will be playing (So instead of the percentage showing of the time played over one hour and so on, make it calculate the percentage of it over 6 hours or whatever the time may be, so it shows your REAL percentage). Just a little FYI, because that is very important for a team struggling with only 2 fast drivers and one backup .

So if a driver drives for the first 1 hour of the 6 hour race, and if you were to look at the live stats page, you would see 16%, and not something like 94% that slowly counts down. Can you do this please?
yes, that would be nice, but since the percentage is counted by laps and not by time it's hard to predict the race length.
maybe an additional display for the estimated percentage would be the way to go.
Quote from inCogNito :yes, that would be nice, but since the percentage is counted by laps and not by time it's hard to predict the race length.
maybe an additional display for the estimated percentage would be the way to go.

This should not be that hard as for each completed lap the laptime is available. But this would leed to a small error if disconnects happen?
Mmm but for each completed lap... it is only the last 6 laps shown, so you cannot really calculate anything from that.

I hope there is some way of calculating this. Or else I guess we'd have to keep a notebook and stopwatch by our side and keep track of our time
Yes that is possible. I will try to code it if I dont forget about it And if I do forget about it, I will probably code it during the first 2 hours of the race I think I've spent the entire 12h of kyoto trying to improve the ticker
Yup, without Frank, we would be pretty much sitting on a nice idea with nothing to show for it. So big ups for him!
Quote from Tweaker :We know someone appealed it, but come on like it really matters, we got shafted enough that race to get a lovely 9th place.... geez! :doh:

I take this as a note from you that you think rules should not be applied if you end up somewhere in the back of the field.

All we wanted was to clearify this rule, our team has shrinked down to 3 active racers (got 2 more, but lets call them not even backup since they dont race ), so if this rule wasnt taken so serious it could have made our life lots easier.

Thanks to the guys from MOE, sorry you had to spent your limited time on such a small but important matter.

See you all on the 3rd of december.
No I don't think rules should not be applied just because we finished in a low position, the fact is, we were told by admins once the race was over that it was ok and not to worry about it, which is why the 45% rules was made, because we only had 2 fast drivers available for more than 80% of the race, and only one backup driver that was planning to help us to 'try' and avoid this 40%. But it doesn't matter, the race is over, things have been said, and at this point our team is trying not to worry about any mistakes since these last two races.
Phil, I'd vote for move the date of 3rd race to some other weekend. 17th would be best, cause as already told to some and will be announced today, on 3rd december there will be the Racing Challenge Finals. Also involving quite some guys who race in here, and not only from germany...
Oh, I expected them on another date.

Okay, we gotta see about that date then what we can do exactly.
Hmmm, don't do it too close to x-mas
The weekend after the 3rd will be ESL finals...

So it would be either 19th of november or 17th december, right?
Yap. Maybe we should do a poll.
i don't care but it would be nice if i know it a few weeks before the event so i can take the day off

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG