The online racing simulator
Hosting a non-dedicated server?
(7 posts, started )
I'm wondering how to host a non dedicated server? I set up things within LFS, hit host. Then open another instance of LFS did a search but didn't see my server listed. :/ How do you do it?

Like to practice online and would be nice if someone "stops" in.
#2 - Jakg
Have you forwarded the ports?
Where at?
#4 - Davo
I dunno, just don't get it. I'm running MacPro using Bootcamp, so not sure how I'd do it. Oh well.
I don't mean to be a big meanie, but give us some bloodly information to work with. Were you expecting to someone to just simply say something like "you forgot to hook up your gerbil to the neighbour's hamster and then to the 'net?!"

The method for running any server is basically the same, just simply that the non-dedicated server has a nice GUI. Read the thread here
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572. If thats unclear then can you answer the following and we'll do our best.

How do you connect to the internet? Directly via modem, or via a home broadband router?
Do you have any firewall software? If so what software do you use?
Sheesh calm down. lol I wrote the previous posts after being up 23 hours. :/

I use a cable modem connection. Using a Apple AirPort Extreme as the router to my home network. The Airport is going both wireless and hard wired. My MacPro is hard wired, but still using the AirPort through a switch.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG