The online racing simulator
DFP questions
(16 posts, started )
#1 - dewyl
DFP questions
hello guys!
how should i set up my DFP at 720° best for drifting?
i used this setup which is viewable at a the screenshot and putted the force on lfs to 25%.but it's a bit hard for me,can't done a fast right-left or left right combination,can't done manji etc... pls help me to precise my technix.

greetings:
dewyl
Attached images
setup.JPG
#2 - Bean0
I don't drift, so this may be slightly off.

It has been said a lot of times that the bottom 3 values should be set to 0%, these feedback features are used by other games where the programmers have been lazy , LFS works all of this out by itself.

Then it's just a case of finding the level of FFB that you are comfortable with. When I had a DFP I used 75% for the overall effect strength, and adjusted the in-game level whilst driving using the < and > keys to get it 'just right'.
#3 - dewyl
so you mean i have to put down to 0% every forcefeedback fx in this settings window?
#4 - Bean0
Quote from dewyl :so you mean i have to put down to 0% every forcefeedback fx in this settings window?

Put Spring Effect, Damper Effect and Centering Spring to 0% and use whatever value for Overall Effects that you feel comfortable with.
#5 - dewyl
Quote from Bean0 :Put Spring Effect, Damper Effect and Centering Spring to 0% and use whatever value for Overall Effects that you feel comfortable with.

if i put them to 0% nothing feels in lfs...
#6 - dewyl
help me other DrivingForcePRo drift0rz
#7 - Krane
I use these settings, for normal racing I use 100% strength and when I go drifting I usually lower the strength to 60% or so. (From within LFS that is, buttons < and > for English keyboard layout. For us Finns it's , and . )
Attached images
dfp settings.PNG
#8 - dewyl
thx the help m8 now i go n tryin it
#9 - dewyl
hmmmm... not bad any other from drifters?
#10 - Woz
Quote from dewyl :hmmmm... not bad any other from drifters?

The settings posted by Krane are the ones that the dev team say you should use so there are NO other settings to try. You just have to learn to drift with 720deg as no other wheel settings will make it easier etc. The force feedback is driven from the forces that act on the front wheels and you get what you get.

If you find the DFP too slow/laggy then you need to get a G25 as it responds far faster. That said the DFP at 720deg is easy to drift with you just have to get used to it.
my sig
#12 - d6nn
i bought a dfp just days ago, but i dont get it. is there sumthing wrong with my wheel or what... the problem is that every1 uses alot higher/different ffb settings than me, and if i use them in my profiler/game i cant turn the wheel is so hard to turn coz of the ffb and i set my settings alot lower (usually 5% ffb) . i did what the tutorial said but its just not possible to drive.
Attached images
s.JPG
i don't use the profiler. but you have yours set the same as mine (except i have ffb @ 50%) and 35% ingame
Quote from d6nn :i bought a dfp just days ago, but i dont get it. is there sumthing wrong with my wheel or what... the problem is that every1 uses alot higher/different ffb settings than me, and if i use them in my profiler/game i cant turn the wheel is so hard to turn coz of the ffb and i set my settings alot lower (usually 5% ffb) . i did what the tutorial said but its just not possible to drive.

Problem is, when you set ffb strength in the profiler to a value below 101% you're loosing a lot of feel around the center (and static effects are dumbed down). This is a driver inherent problem (which I hope will be adressed in a later release) and can only be overcome somewaht by using at least 101% in the profiler. I'm using 103% in the profiler and 30% ingame for XFG f.e. With heavier cars I sometimes go as low as 20% ingame. It really shouldn't be too hard to turn with those settings.
#15 - d6nn
Quote from Linsen :Problem is, when you set ffb strength in the profiler to a value below 101% you're loosing a lot of feel around the center (and static effect...

ThnX , a lot better now. I guess i need some getting used to but now its definately better.
Quote from Linsen :Problem is, when you set ffb strength in the profiler to a value below 101% you're loosing a lot of feel around the center (and static effects are dumbed down). This is a driver inherent problem (which I hope will be adressed in a later release) and can only be overcome somewaht by using at least 101% in the profiler.

Wow, I didnt know that. Always had it at 50%. I will change it right now then.

DFP questions
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG