The online racing simulator
Need help getting anti-aliasing to work with LFS on Macbook Pro
I've got a brand new MacBook Pro 15" running Windows XP via Boot Camp. LFS is installed and runs fine, but I cannot for the life of me get anti-aliasing to work on either the laptop LCD or an external LCD projector. I've already gone into the Catalyst software and setup the AA and AF settings to Custom and unselected "application preference". According to the catalyst software I should be running 4X AF and 4X AA on "performance" mode with a maximum resolution of 1280x1024 (I run 1280x720 in LFS and Windows). This is driver version v.8.24.0.0, which is a year old but is the latest that I can run because ATI only releases updates for certain manufacturers.

Does anyone have any idea why this doesn't work or how to force the AA/AF settings? I feel like I've got everything setup right but the damn thing just won't work!
There's no reason why you shouldn't be running the latest drivers. It's a standard ATI x-series in the MB Pro. I would recommend you use the Omega Drivers and the Radlinker Control panel add-on.
#3 - Davo
Try turning off performance mode and changign it to quality, I always thought that limited the eye candy.
You can't run the newest drivers unless you have a certain brand of computer. In order to download the newest drivers you have to run an app that determines what kind of machine you have, then if it's the right brand/model it downloads the driver package for you. If you have something other than their supported brands it will not allow you to install. I've never tried the Omega drivers, but I can give them a shot.

I tried quality mode and that doesn't seem to work either. Also, if you turn on quality mode the max resolution for AA is lower than it is in performance mode.
I was finally able to get the AA working on this system. I loaded the Omega drivers, but they didn't work the first try either. I eventually ended up setting it to automatic "quality" mode and that worked. Then I was able to turn on the custom options and have it work. I've got no idea why it didn't work in the first place, but it's working now.
Quote from Cue-Ball :I was finally able to get the AA working on this system. I loaded the Omega drivers, but they didn't work the first try either. I eventually ended up setting it to automatic "quality" mode and that worked. Then I was able to turn on the custom options and have it work. I've got no idea why it didn't work in the first place, but it's working now.

That happens to me all the time on my x1900xt, it is just screwy ati drivers being difficult, there are times where it makes no sense why AA will not work. I usually play around with the settings, and eventually get it working but this isn't a new thing, mainly happens with lfs though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG