The online racing simulator
FZ50 Rear Spoiler?
(108 posts, started )
FZ50 Rear Spoiler?
I know the big, big FZ50 fans (all three of them) will want to tar and feather me for this, but wouldn't it be a good idea to add a rear wing to the FZ50?

It's apparently used more than the LXs online, but this must be due to it being a popular drift car. Hardly anybody chooses to race it against the LX6, probably because it's a bit of a dog. I think if the rear end stayed glued a bit better it might be more popular.

Just a suggestion. Maybe lower the power a bit if it dominates as a result.
Hmm, don't think so. The equivalent RL Porschari wouldn't have a fat wing on it. I like it the way it is - heavy with a big loose ass! Baby got back
#3 - JJ72
Quote from thisnameistaken :I know the big, big FZ50 fans (all three of them) will want to tar and feather me for this, but wouldn't it be a good idea to add a rear wing to the FZ50?

It's apparently used more than the LXs online, but this must be due to it being a popular drift car. Hardly anybody chooses to race it against the LX6, probably because it's a bit of a dog. I think if the rear end stayed glued a bit better it might be more popular.

Just a suggestion. Maybe lower the power a bit if it dominates as a result.

It's not the tail causing the problem, just the overall weight.

and nooooo FZ50 is the only car close to a high power high capacity sports car, don't take away it's power!!
I disagree. I would more often chose the FZ50 over the LX6 on most tracks. I just like the FZ. I do like how the tail comes out. It is more tame than the LX IMO. I can't seem to keep the rear of the LX behind me, where the FZ is easy.
i do like the FZ50 too, but the tail really comes very easy (for me with mouse even more).
wouldnt mind having a backspoiler, would look very cool too
Quote from mrodgers :I disagree. ... It is more tame than the LX IMO. I can't seem to keep the rear of the LX behind me, where the FZ is easy.

You are insane and on drugs and an insane druggie who takes drugs who is insane.

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i do like the FZ50 too, but the tail really comes very easy (for me with mouse even more).
wouldnt mind having a backspoiler, would look very cool too

This man knows everything about everything. Do not underestimate the amazing power of this man's mind. He is truly a genius among LFS players.

the fz is just fine as it is right now

it could use a spoiler once we finally get lift on road cars though
Teehee kev, you fuuuunny...
#9 - Woz
Quote from Markz :Maybe to make it look and perform a bit more like the real Porsche it could have the little wing that comes up at a certain speed... Damn I wish I could drive it now!

Nothing stopping you drive it, just get S2

FZ50 is a great car.. Messed up weight distro, big power and no downforce.

PERFECT
Just a quick look on the Porsche interwebs site reveals this:

Cayman S
3,387 cm³
217 kW (295 bhp) @ 6250rpm
340 Nm @ 4,200 - 6,000rpm

911 Carrera:
3.596 cm³
239 kW (325 PS) @ 6800rpm
370 Nm @ 4250rpm

911 Carrera S
3.824 cm³
261 kW (355 PS) @ 6600rpm
400Nm @ 4600rpm

911 Turbo Coupé
3,600 cm³
353 kW (480 bhp) @ 6000rpm
620 Nm (Overboost: 680 Nm) @ 1,950 - 5,000rpm

Aaaand:
FZ50
3.6 litre flat 6
269 kW (360 bhp) @ 7588 rpm
392 Nm (288 lbft) @ 5019 rpm

The closest Porsche to FZ50 is the 911 Carrera S which does not have rear wing in real life (as standard). However, the 911 Turbo has rear wing as well as 120hp/228Nm more kick. If we get a more-power FZ50 some day, it should probably have the wing but imho it would not make sense to have two FZ50s so close to each others. Anyways, if the FZ50 somehow got a wing, I'd like to see it more like the RB4s rear wing than the XRRs...

A car like the Carrera GT on the other hand
A spoiler
After we get the correct rear suspension model.
And once all percentage of character has been engineering out of the FZ50.
The fz50 is good as it is...

In real life you would like to change something on your dreamcar don't you?
*add something there* etc..

But the Manufacture has build it so and thats it..!
so you must wait till you can modify the car by yourself(after s3)
So see the time now to save you money to buy the car :P
Nah. Imho FZ50 has more problems with understeer than with oversteer.
#15 - JTbo
Wings are for birds and airplanes, not for cars, cars do have steering wheels instead
Quote from thisnameistaken :You are insane and on drugs and an insane druggie who takes drugs who is insane.

A correction:

I use to be on drugs and a druggie who took drugs, but I'm all grown up now and married. Marriage cured me of drugs, but it's what made me insane .
#17 - Vain
Actually I think the rear of the FZ 50 is absolutely planted. The XRT, LX6 or RAC have a horrible rear end stability in comparison.

The FZ5's only problem is it's pretty huge absolute weight. That's why it feels like a boat. But that's the concept of the car. Huge power, huge weight, small wind resistance.

Vain
#18 - Tege
Quote from Hyperactive :The closest Porsche to FZ50 is the 911 Carrera S which does not have rear wing in real life (as standard).

Little hint try looking at 911 (996) GT3...
Oh, couldn't remember which one was it. GT3, of course, if I recall correctly all the stats match. The one who found that also made a Porsche set, who was it?

On the subject. Well, I think that the FZ5 has more trouble with the engine position, and a spoiler wouldn't help that much, could make the situation worse lifting the nose and creating more understeer. But it could be interesting to see a FZ50-Turbo, or GT like previously mentioned...
http://www.porsche.com/interna ... 911-gt3/featuresandspecs/

GT3
Number of cylinders 6
Displacement 3,600 cm³
Engine layout/Drive Rear engine
Power 305 kW (415 bhp)
Max. torque (Nm) at rpm 405 Nm @ 5,500 1/min

FZ50
3.6 litre flat 6
269 kW (360 bhp) @ 7588 rpm
392 Nm (288 lbft) @ 5019 rpm

Those 50 horses is (imho ) bigger difference than the:
911 Carrera S
3.824 cm³
261 kW (355 PS) @ 6600rpm
400Nm @ 4600rpm

Or am I missing something?
It was an earlier model.
Isn't the spoiler not nearly as important as the rear suspensions being the correct type?
Just a thought, if we had server-side rules, the spoiler could be part of the driving aids to allow, or not.

I also think the rear is already sticky enough.. as a matter of fact, there's no other road car I feel as sure of the rear in.
+1 for the wing in FZ50.

Tristan will just set it to 0* and beat you all.

I have weird feeling that many people are negative to any change in LFS, but when it will come from devs they are falling on knees and kissing they godlike foots in thank to genious wing in FZ50.

just kidding maybe
From Wikipedia
Quote :The first, commonly referred to as the Mk.I GT3, was released in 1999 in all markets, save North America. It featured a naturally aspirated version 3.6L flat six making 360bhp.

There
http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/124/231.html

So it is then. I stand corrected

However, isn't the wing (spoiler) there just to negate the ill effects of the positive lift generated in higher speeds by the body aerodynamics. LFS doesn't simulate this so the whole question is academic

FZ50 Rear Spoiler?
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG