The online racing simulator
Driving a car disabled on a host is possible
Yesterday, i've been at the "City driving Jamaica" host. I've checked more than twice - only street legal cars are allowed there. But at 9:20:00 replay time, enters a famous hacker and takes a BF1. Yep, a car that is not enabled. I believe neither in that with his status in the community he may be a host owner (even the host's owner can't drive a prohibited car), nor to the story with a certain "superadmin".

The replay, if someone wants to check if it was true:
http://slil.ru/23905527
Only way I can think of someone getting a car that's not active is by logging in as an admin and temporarly unlocking the car, selecting it and then locking it again before entering the track.
Yes, that would seem likely, when being admin for the CLC then for those wishing to be 'cops' I would breifly unlock the XRR and the lock it again after the cops have accquired it.
#4 - Jakg
could you please get a better host? this one works well, its free and gives decent speeds (rather than the 2 KB/S i was getting!)
#6 - Jakg
that looks like Phlos has been at it again
It would seem there are no checks outside of the car selection screen. You can keep pitting and leaving with a car that's no longer available and LFS doesn't complain.
yes, he thinks he can take the admin pass and run riot just because he is the owner or one of the other server. We have plenty of other places we can host servers, so i dont see why we wont just stop using his.

cheers - [TC]>Steve

edit- If you see him again with a "locked" car PM me on this forum and it will be dealt with... Severely.
#9 - ukg
I dont think Phlos should be allowed to 'run riot' on our servers just because he hosts one 16 slot server, I host one (sometimes two) for TC and CityDriving, but I've never felt the urge to act like a kid like he has done. If he keeps it up, he can stuff his server and we can and will get it from somewhere else, probably free of charge too.

Recently TC has been working really hard to get back our good reputation for good players in good, well managed servers, and I think its paid off.
Until Phlos comes along I guess ....
Ok, thanks for response, guys!
Ok, the explanation about phlos using BF1 in jamaica...

Phlos hosts the [TC] CityDriving USA server for us, well he pays for it anyway.
He has obviously looked in the config file for the USA server, and got the admin pass, and started using it on the other servers.

I have spoken to him about this, and hopefully it will not happen again, otherwise we will be forced to ditch the USA server host, and host it elsewhere.

Im sure it is all sorted now, sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone

-Brad
I think there might be more to it... PM me if you want to know why I think this...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG