The online racing simulator
bosnian pryramids and atlantis
(65 posts, started )
#51 - JTbo
In many religions there is some end of world stuff.
Don't know however if most of them has predicted it happen soon, but that prediction serves certain purposes, if people would believe and work within religions teachings. Common message is that you are saved only by doing this and that where this and that would benefit certain people or institution.

One strong thing that can be used to server similar purposes is people's afraid of death.

So naturally many religions have these aspects as most religions are gaining benefit from group of people. Maybe those have been some different sometimes, maybe some are not, but most are that today.

I'm not saying that nobody should be religious, that is everyone's own thing, also there comes lot of good things from these, but just be bit careful what to believe.
Quote from SamH :Those who don't want to participate are welcome to ignore (and not encouraged to whinge in-thread). If the thread title contains enough information to hint at the content, then nobody - for or against - has anything to complain about.

You hit it right on the head

If lerts isn't contributing anywhere else on the forum that's his decision. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't owe anyone anything, and until he breaks the rules or otherwise offends people I guess he can say what he wants

However, now lerts knows what he can expect for posting virtually nothing but OT discussions or links to articles elsewhere. Forewarned is forearmed, as it were

As for Osmanagic's theories, suggestions, conclusions and assumptions, he seems to have set himself quite a task by the looks of things (as for the OP's opening line of "he has been proven right" - there's an important difference in being proven right and merely thinking you're right). We'll just have to see how this plays out I suppose, but I don't believe he'll be vindicated. He contends these "structures" were built between the end of the last Ice Age and 500 BCE. That's a window of maybe 7000 years! Not really enough time for gigantic structures to be naturally covered with soil and overgrown, you'd think. What I've read of the scientists who refute Osmanagic's claims seems to indicate they're a lot more credible and a lot more knowledgeable in their fields than him. That said, as a science tragic (i.e. a guy who follows, understands and loves science but is crap at actually doing it ) I have an open mind and will be pleasantly surprised if Osmanagic turns out to be right. Nothing like new discoveries to turn me on
I should say I get instantly suspicious whenever anyone mentions cosmic radiation affecting human minds though...science should study mythology, not believe it.
His posts are no more related to LFS than Imthebestnoobthereis' were and probably less coherent, and she got banned

Honestly, if someone came here and never talked about LFS, but talked about rFactor or GTR or Cheese or Cigars or Knitting exclusively, I doubt they'd be on here that long, I don't see how this is any different, except his threads are great bait for people to start arguing and disagreeing with each other.
Quote from Hankstar :I should say I get instantly suspicious whenever anyone mentions cosmic radiation affecting human minds though...science should study mythology, not believe it.

Radiation can give people superpowers though, as demonstrated by Spider Man. I wanted to get bitten by a radioactive trombone but I haven't been able to radioactivise one enough to make it bite yet.
#55 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :Radiation can give people superpowers though, as demonstrated by Spider Man. I wanted to get bitten by a radioactive trombone but I haven't been able to radioactivise one enough to make it bite yet.

Right

Radiaton in small doses, you can't notice anything, but if you close your eyes you may se sparkles or flashes.

When getting more than is good you will feel tired and sick, at some point you start to throw up, there will be changes in skin and hair etc.

You really can't gain much from radiation, or even if you do you have no time to enjoy from it for long. Remember that Russian ex spy that did die recently in hospital because he was under influence of radioactive material? He did not gain much super powers, but more like he did die without being able to stand, that is what radiation does.

Ok, I'm sure thisnameistaken knows this, but for all that have any fancy dreams about radiation giving some mind reading abilities or such, that is unfortanly not the case here.

96 GTS, what is wrong with disagreeing with someone? We are not collective mind certainly and we can disagree with each other from plenty of things even we do agree with some things, or do you disagree? Also isn't it good to argue from something to find new perspectives to subject?
Ok, I understand that you are worried about flamewars, but does it have to be like that, all we need is to understand that someone can have their opinion, even they would be wrong, they can have their opinion and all we can do is base our statement and back it up with fact.
If still other side likes to disagree, fine that is their point of view and if they like to believe such way that have to be accepted.

We are civilized people more or less, we don't need to get angry to have good and thrilling arguing, right?
Quote :I wanted to get bitten by a radioactive trombone but I haven't been able to radioactivise one enough to make it bite yet.

This could be where the imminent polarity reversal of the earth's magnetic fields lends a hand then. As the polarities reach zero point and the Gauss drops away we'll get flooded with cosmic gamma radiation. If you hold your trombone up above your head on a high mountain at the point of reversal it will certainly become critically radioactive then you can fulfill yuor true destiny.
Cool! My super power will be "Sonic Parp", capable of mildly amusing anyone within earshot.

Back off-topic: If someone came here and spouted a load of utter rubbish about cars (as they often do), and somebody who actually understood how cars worked flamed them for it (again, not a rare occurrence), I don't think anybody would complain. I think the same posting freedoms should be granted concerning science. Or - in this case - the lack thereof.
#58 - JJ72
Quote from thisnameistaken :Radiation can give people superpowers though, as demonstrated by Spider Man. I wanted to get bitten by a radioactive trombone but I haven't been able to radioactivise one enough to make it bite yet.

Call me when you need idea for the costume.
Quote from JTbo :96 GTS, what is wrong with disagreeing with someone? We are not collective mind certainly and we can disagree with each other from plenty of things even we do agree with some things, or do you disagree? Also isn't it good to argue from something to find new perspectives to subject?
Ok, I understand that you are worried about flamewars, but does it have to be like that, all we need is to understand that someone can have their opinion, even they would be wrong, they can have their opinion and all we can do is base our statement and back it up with fact.
If still other side likes to disagree, fine that is their point of view and if they like to believe such way that have to be accepted.

We are civilized people more or less, we don't need to get angry to have good and thrilling arguing, right?

I don't mind disagreeing, or even arguing. I actually find discussions such as this to be quite interesting. That being said, however, this is the official Live For Speed forum. This is the developers' forum made for the discussion, help, and support of Live for Speed. I have no problem with threads on topic like this, however, when someone joins this forum for the sole purpose of making threads like this, that I have a problem with. This is a forum for Live for Speed players to discuss the simulation, and the off topic section is for side conversations, this isn't politics-forum.org, or some random make-a-friend forum or chatroom.

I don't have a problem with the topics as such, I do however have a problem with the way they are being presented.

To put it simply, if lerts actively played Live for Speed, which I doubt, and posted at least some things relevant to Live for Speed, which he doesn't, I'd have no problem. Right now, he's no better than Imthebestnoobthere is in my eyes.

This is just my $0.02, feel free to disagree with me.
#60 - JTbo
Would be interesting of course to hear official point of view what is considered purpose of off-topic area. I at least see that this is area where things can be quite off topic and also those who are not actively taking part to LFS could be welcome, maybe that will lure them more into LFS too

lerts has mentioned how he drives lfs and is going to get S2 also, so there should not be problem with that and what Bob suggested as compromise would be rather good, these different subjects would bring some new to our daily routines at least.

Surely if there would be ton of members that are not even interested from LFS then your point of view would be most valid, but I would not see it to be a problem yet. Of course devs and moderators are those whom opinion to subject is that matters, we can only have some opinion, but it really does not matter in this subject to direction or another.

So I kind of agree and disagree at same time, but as I'm bit of knutcase I'm allowed to do so
im makin 1:27.03 on blackwood with xrt after 19 days

people told me it takes two years to make 1:25, i expect to make it in 2 months

that answers weather im playing or not

but i also like online discussions, so great i found gaming and discussion in the same place
My cat's breath smells of catfood.

(just thought I would add my bit to this extremely thought provoking and stimulating thread)
in fact im playing so much that the last 2 weeks every night ive dreamt of this game, and is kind of a nightmare because i cant drive properly

why some people get against you when you talk of atlantis, i just propose that the real advance is not technical but about counciousness

when the main idea that is taught to children is that the fittest survives and that the big fish eats the small fish, doesnt take long to get inmune to unjustice and hate and even go with it

i have the hope people here is somehow not so much darwinian since they play a game where you dont kill your opponent but leave him behind

all medical advances mean nothing when deseases change and allow for the creation of artificial ones, we gain the same we lose

every comodity we have comes from war, from the car to the plane without war we would have never ned this

in fact we are not evolutioning but more likely forced to involutioning to animals

hell the maya couldnt take a plane to london but according osmanagich they could travel to orion using the pyramids so who would be in the end more advanced
I see that Lerts is now playing Live for Speed and actually making LFS related posts, so I will rescind my prior comments. I have no problem whatsoever with weird or "out there" topics, I just don't think that someone should join this forum for the sole purpose of talking about that.
Quote from lerts :im makin 1:27.03 on blackwood with xrt after 19 days

people told me it takes two years to make 1:25, i expect to make it in 2 months

Two years? You really shouldn't believe everything other people tell you, lerts

bosnian pryramids and atlantis
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG