The online racing simulator
internet connection keeps failing on a night time..
right this used to happen a while back but stopped so i thought all was good, but now its back and back with a vengance...

my pc is on pretty much 24/7 and i leave it running while im in bed due to the fact that i download and upload alot... but recently (last couple of days) the internet has been loosing its connection during the night, meaning its made very little progress at all... on sat night i got up 3 times during the night to find it had stopped on all 3 occations..

the only way of getting the internet back on, is to disable the network adapter and enabling it again... i left the downloads running yesturday and not once did it stop during the day, but low and behold i get up this morning and its stopped again

anyone have any ideas as too whats happening with this bleeding thing...

you think i need a new ethernet port, or you think my modem is on its way out or maybe its a problem with my ISP??

im really confused but would love your help..

thanks in advance.
Check you modem/router for your signal/noise ratio, it normally declines at night as it gets busy, forcing a disconnection. If you're using an ADSL modem, consider getting a router, they're more secure and reliable and will allow a download manager to retry if the link does drop.
Quote from BigFatCat :Check you modem/router for your signal/noise ratio, it normally declines at night as it gets busy, forcing a disconnection. If you're using an ADSL modem, consider getting a router, they're more secure and reliable and will allow a download manager to retry if the link does drop.

how do i check the signal/noise ratio

also the modem is a router too, im using my dads old d-link DSL-504t...
anyone???
#6 - dadge
ntl have been having alot of problems latley and so have pipex. maybe the problem is not on your side m8. i am on a 10mbps line and on some night i drop right down to 0.45mbps (5% of my total capacity)
oh right iv been trying to ring them today but all i keep getting is sorry all our opratives are busy at the minute please hold the line.....
Quote from niffer022 : i download and upload alot...

maybe thats your problem.
there have been discussions on this forum before about ISP's shaping traffic to cut out the P2P'ers.
who is your ISP?
Tiscali mate.....
Maybe this could give you a hint:

If you are permanently connected to the web, there´s at least 1 disconnection in 24 hours. So why don´t you do it manually before you go to bed?
i did do mate but it still disconnected me, and also if there is only one disconnection in 24 hours why is it doing it serveral times a night.. during the day its spot on, its after 10pm thats the problem..

im payin for unlimited so i should be getting unlimited....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG