The online racing simulator
Long open races?
(22 posts, started )
Long open races?
Hi!

I'm tired of five lap races with people racing the first corner like its the last...

Is there any open servers with long races?
Maybe like "21pm everyday we start a 40 lap race.." (i'm in Europe btw).

I'm 38, have raced sims since ICR2 and almost negativ at GPL (+21, and that is +22 at the ring..).
I race by the rule "You can't win the race in the first corner, but you can loose it". I try to race clean, but occasionally makes a mistake

No time to commit to a leauge, but this week the rest of the family is away on holiday, so poor me has some time to race

/Fredrik
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
i think we can set the [SCCC] Server to something like that everyday...
I too prefer longer races and aren't able to join a league due to RL commitments, am 37 years old and race as fairly as possiblebut never can plan when I will be online from week to week, so its mostly 5 lappers for me also with the occasional 8 - 12 laps and once every blue moon a 20 lapper when there's a server running that config I have my own svr which I normally run at 12 laps but struggle to get much interest
Quote from Lola Popeye :i think we can set the [SCCC] Server to something like that everyday...

The trick is getting numbers on longer races but I'd be keen
Quote from Lola Popeye :i think we can set the [SCCC] Server to something like that everyday...

Sounds nice, but its the other side of the world right?
Ping is usually bad..

/Fredrik
#6 - axus
Now that we have a local server here in South Africa we run a casual "league" every sunday - new combo each week with approximately 1hr15min races @ WR pace. The whole week everyone practices and we race on the Sunday. Its good fun.
nah [SCCC] Racing server is in france, so no lag for you lucky euros

anyway im talking with the boys right now, and we'll see what we can come up with so a 1 hour race sounds good for you guys?
I'd like a long *open* race a couple of times a week, being in the UK a 1h race in the evening sounds just peachy (provided they're w/ cars a keyb+mouse driver can handle LoL.. )
-
Quote from Lola Popeye :nah [SCCC] Racing server is in france, so no lag for you lucky euros

anyway im talking with the boys right now, and we'll see what we can come up with so a 1 hour race sounds good for you guys?

:banana:

/Fredrik
hows this, each week you guys pick a config, and for that whole week, we will run 1 hour ish races on the server?
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Isn't this the nicest gaming community ever? Very accommodating of you and your teammates, Chensta, much appreciated

I'd nominate SO City Long in the FOX for starters. Overtaking opportunities are sparse so a long race would give a decent opportunity to make up any time lost following slower cars through the twisty bits. Plus it's got barriers all the way around it, so no danger of getting beached in the final laps. I've seen keyboard/mousers drive the FOX before so presumably it's pretty accessible for everybody, and it only has a ickle tank so pit strategies would probably come into play.

But i keep smashing the car against the barriers...
No city tracks, please..(but if it thats the decision, im in anyway!)

/Fredrik
Quote from FredrikB :But i keep smashing the car against the barriers...
No city tracks, please..(but if it thats the decision, im in anyway!)

Time for practice

Thanks for this Chensta!
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :
But like you I'm up for anything. What would your suggestion be?

idontknow. Aston historic maybe. Many long fast corners that eat your tires if your not careful.

/Fredrik
Quote from Lola Popeye :hows this, each week you guys pick a config, and for that whole week, we will run 1 hour ish races on the server?

Sounds great just hope that there's more than two on at a time though.. as for track/car combos i like them all fo8 and gtr's aren't my favourite though but for longer races i could even be convinced to give them ago
Quote from axus :Now that we have a local server here in South Africa we run a casual "league" every sunday - new combo each week with approximately 1hr15min races @ WR pace. The whole week everyone practices and we race on the Sunday. Its good fun.

Hi m8, good to see u out and about in lfs again I've seen ur svr up and have wanted to join it but alas i'm still stuck on a less than average connection and your server's ping is way bad for me but its good to hear that there's more activity in South Africa now
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've seen keyboard/mousers drive the FOX before so presumably it's pretty accessible for everybody

Does have a bit of a learning curve to drive the FOX in South City but I can confirm it can be done. I've only ever driven it on the sprint tracks but with a bit of practice I'd manage to spin only every second lap! Nah, I'm up for it.. just take it easy with the ban finger hehe

Quote :hows this, each week you guys pick a config, and for that whole week, we will run 1 hour ish races on the server?

That's an outstanding plan!
Hey, i would take part. I even could host some races on my dial up connection here in germany. Doing this very often, and i never had any problems. Havin 3 mbit down and 512 upstream, so its enough for about 5-6 Connections.

What time do you would prefer? What about a race at 8 pm, 9 pm and 10 pm ?

Favorites: Turbo, RB4 and FOX (is a little fast ) or maybe LX6 and FZ50

Definatly no F08, possible would be GTR

Greetz, Warper
Just because you won...
-
i make a 1h race every wednesday from 7:30pm (voultary training, 8pm qualifying, about 9pm race start) to 10pm (race end), with either UFR or UF1.
on 09. Nov. there is a UF1 race on aston cadet rev.

more infos: http://uf1champ.crazyice.net (use google to translate)

maybe in the beginning of december my team (Octrin.Racing) is going to make longruns on a certain day in the week once a week. we are going to use always a different car and track so that we can drive every car!

if someone is interessed he/she should tell me and i will contact you when it starts and tell you more about that!

email: [email protected]
web: http://lfstools.crazyice.net
team: http://www.octrin-racing.net
Quote from CrazyICE :
if someone is interessed he/she should tell me and i will contact you when it starts and tell you more about that!

Me!

/Fredrik

Long open races?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG