The online racing simulator
DIY motorkhanas/gymkhanas
(8 posts, started )
hi all

was just playing s2 (well done btw ) and had a bit of an idea for a new feature.

i race my car in real life, and recently competed in a motorkhana (i think they are referred to as gymkhanas outside australia). for those who dont know what they are, its basically racing around a specific pattern around some whiches hats. heaps of fun for tight hand-brake turns.

attached is the map for the last one i did to give ppl an idea what they look like (each test has a start and finish garage).

now i know we cant design tracks as yet (so waiting for this as well) but a halfway step could be a motorkhana "editor". the level for the track just needs to be a patch of bitumen or dirt. i envisage that within the editor you could place the start and finish garages and then just map out your track with single whiches hats.

the only kinda-complex thing i can see is the enforcement of the specfic patterns. but perhaps you could drag your mouse around the track in the direction and pattern you want it to be, then the editor could determine which side of the whiches hats the cars has to go to compelte the test correctly.

i know at least from my point of view, this has real-world application as i can practice the tests i do in real life but apart from that they are hella fun

anyway, just an idea

cheers
ehendrikd
Attached images
motorkhanas.jpg
This could be done already (sort of), with the autox editor and probably the BL car park....
wholly crap! i obiviously didn't even know that feature was there, thanks

only missing the correct direction checking, but close enough! thanks again.
#4 - avih
That should be pretty cool I'll gladly join one of those if available. So, who makes the 1st autox track according to the maps?
Hmm....LFS should tell more about its options and what you can do with it, new peaople dont just found stuff, like auto-x editor or that you can load your personalised skins
Quote from Blackout :Hmm....LFS should tell more about its options and what you can do with it, new peaople dont just found stuff, like auto-x editor or that you can load your personalised skins

agreed... i had to post a message here before i realised to race the high powered cars all i needed to do was turn off the speed limiter :/
:doh:

I'll write up a FAQ for GD or Technical Assistance later, I think. I've answered a couple of questions since this forum went live, that most people should already know.
If you do all the trials then one of them is this exact thing - not easy either!

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG