The online racing simulator
Quote from Modoff :I think if u get laged out u should get last place points.You want the series to be realistic with the no shift s or resetting the car. Lagging out is not somthing that happens in real life and i think its lame that lagging out gets u the same points as resetting ur car or just crashing out.I deff would have finished if it wasnt for the lag.

Of course it's not really fair in a way, but I always looked at discos as an equivalent to mechanical failure - which, if we had it, would probably be calculated somewhat randomly, just like discos are random. There is, however, the problem that people on a bad connection are at a disadvantage .
Quote from Modoff :i think its lame that lagging out gets u the same points as resetting ur car or just crashing out.

Not true..

Resetting your car = DSQ = no points
Crashing out = DNF = DNF points

OLFSL website --> rules --> scoring system
lag outs are bad, but cant be helped
Quote from Mrs FienDi :Not true..

Resetting your car = DSQ = no points
Crashing out = DNF = DNF points

OLFSL website --> rules --> scoring system

Whats the difference either way im still at least 60 points off where i should have been. Its frustrating because i can race for hours online and NEVER get disconnected, But the moment i try to do a olfsl race i ALWAYS get disconnected. Basically a disconnect means I wasted a whole hour of my life. and i just think thats lame.
Quote from Modoff :Whats the difference either way im still at least 60 points off where i should have been. Its frustrating because i can race for hours online and NEVER get disconnected, But the moment i try to do a olfsl race i ALWAYS get disconnected. Basically a disconnect means I wasted a whole hour of my life. and i just think thats lame.

You definately are pro, since you drive for points instead of pure fun and enjoyment, and for that I pity you, I really do.

Discos are bummer, but skid happens. Better luck next time.
Well I still think people should take disconnections and lag outs as an engine reliabilty problem. As an engine can at anytime die during real racing, so can an internet connection. Anyone wanting 100% reliabilty should play offline and turn the damage off (I know you can't in LFS but you know what I mean).

Points for lagouts, well, I guess maybe there should be a minimum of one point for any driver who starts a race, if they lag out, they still get one point for showing up.
They already do, as explained earlier and as can be seen on results table
Quote from Modoff : Its frustrating because i can race for hours online and NEVER get disconnected, But the moment i try to do a olfsl race i ALWAYS get disconnected. Basically a disconnect means I wasted a whole hour of my life. and i just think thats lame.

Well i'm at a loss for this, there were other Americans and Canadians racing yesterday and all managed to stay connected. When you say you race online for hours, may I ask what servers and how many racers?

If you have the time on Sunday Feb 18th, come to the tune up race and we'll see if we can't figure out why it's only OLFSL you get disconnected from.

Ant
I race for points because winning a championship is fun. atom i usually race in euro servers and never have problems. I was just bringing this up because i dont like this rule. I wont be running the whole championship anyways as it conflits with my real racing schedule. I was just suggesting it as an improvment. Y i posted here instead of just complaining.
I think that if you time out you should get about 75% of what you would have gained if you had finished in last position, the amount of times my game has crashed in the last 2 seasons is a joke and it's a piss take if you practice for so long to end up with a DNF if your game crashes from 2nd place just laps from the end.

If you roll in a race and have to DNF then it's usually your fault and is racing but having a dodgy connection between you and the server can't be fully related to a mechanical failure IRL. How often do you change the oil in your router? Yes there is some similaritys but some people are unfairly blessed with dodgy connections that only strike when they need them not to.

BTW, i've raced with Modoff since I started playing LFS nearly 2 years ago and he has never had disconnection problems in the servers we've been in (Mainly UK ones)

Maybe would be something to think about in future seasons as it's really a ball buster when you are set for a decent finish and time out of the game crashes.
Quote from Bawbag :I think that if you time out you should get about 75% of what you would have gained if you had finished in last position, the amount of times my game has crashed in the last 2 seasons is a joke and it's a piss take if you practice for so long to end up with a DNF if your game crashes from 2nd place just laps from the end.

In the Indy Racing League, IIRC you get half the race points for your qualifying position if you blow the engine/smash the car up/the car gets nicked. Maybe a 30% of the points for the position you were running in if it is before half distance and 75% if after half way.
I just wanted to say thx for changing the way you count points for a disconnect. Thats a great idea and the league rocks now
Team Results
Hi, I have a suggestion.

The Team Results has results by round, but I´d like to it had Total Results (the sume of every events)
Quote from Modoff :I just wanted to say thx for changing the way you count points for a disconnect. Thats a great idea and the league rocks now

Sami truly does great work for this league, our fearless leader is always looking for ways to improve it.

Quote from Jonas8431 :Hi, I have a suggestion.

The Team Results has results by round, but I´d like to it had Total Results (the sume of every events)

Sum of all team members per event, right?
Quote from varjsa-9 :Sum of all team members per event, right?

and... total points (event 1+event2+...+eventn)
Shorter Races
+1 vote for 30mins races , I always fade towards the end of these mammoth 50min races its just to long to concentrate for the whole time.

I mean how long does to take to separate the wheat from the chaff? Half an hour should be an ideal race length & would be long enough to establish a fair running order. I also find that as the race drags on it becomes well, boring for want of a better word.

What do you think?
Quote from anttt69 :+1 vote for 30mins races , I always fade towards the end of these mammoth 50min races its just to long to concentrate for the whole time.

I mean how long does to take to separate the wheat from the chaff? Half an hour should be an ideal race length & would be long enough to establish a fair running order. I also find that as the race drags on it becomes well, boring for want of a better word.

What do you think?

I think that longer the races bring better experience. Short stints can be raced in pick-ups all the time. 50 mins is a good minimum duration of a single race, because it rewards consistency. More the merrier ofcourse, so few 2-hour event could be nice.
Yes I agree - we not had enough longer or shorter races this season.

We need some long races where pit stops are needed, and some frantic short events. On my wishlist for next season.
Was on my wishlist for this season too
#96 - bozo
My preference is also for the longer races, 50 mins + is a good idea. 1 or 2 longer duration races in a season would also be good.

Longer races enable race strategy to become important.
+points for best lappers
This can make racers to push the pedal even more .
there was talk this season for best lap points, but nothing came of it? Did we decide against it in the end S.Varjonen?
Quote from russraine :there was talk this season for best lap points, but nothing came of it? Did we decide against it in the end S.Varjonen?

I thought about answering here yesterday but somehow managed to forget.

What was decided when we discussed about this was to (most likely) take it in use when we start the next season. It's imo a good idea, has been on the table for long time, and should be done.
great thx
[This bonus points are used in the Hungarian LFS Championship. (I raced in the demo series ~2 years ago. It was good to make at least a fast lap even I was far from podium... ) But of course it should not be too much bonus points, just a few percent of the average points of the actual pool... ]

[moved OLFSL] Improvement suggestions
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG