The online racing simulator
Near Death Experience
(21 posts, started )
Near Death Experience
Not really a near death experience but nearly made me S**T myself lol.

Went out to the local shops on my bike to get some milk cause my mum used the last of it up.

My front brakes have been dead for a while but I decided to still take it as I still had rear ones lol.

On the way back, going nearly top speed down a hill and some ford focus pulls out in front of me. I swerve to avid it, hit a lamp post and landed on my face in the road

Anyway, I survived with only a few bumps and bruises but could of been a lot worse.

Lucky for you I'm still here
heh he, Im guessing this was a push-bike? Glad you wernt too badly hurt.

Reminds me of the time I thought id be smart and try to keep up with a crappy hatch back on my bicycle. Unfortunatly, while I may well have been able to keep up with him, I couldnt stop nearly as quick and slapped straight in to the back of him, was quite painful and mildly embarrasing, as it was on the main street where i live lol that'll teach me
Quote from snewham :Lucky for you I'm still here

Phew, i dunno what i would have done if something bad had happened to you.
Quote from snewham :On the way back, going nearly top speed down a hill and some ford focus pulls out in front of me.

hmm :detective KiDCoDEa is after you
if he is, it must be some kind of final destination thing. watch out your computer screen doesnt explode

anyway, sorry, i didnt ask the most important question. hows the bike?

My latest one was on a 50cc de-restricted moped, was quite fast, would get up to 60mph, was my pals, was out having a bash at night, shitty lights on single track road, trying to keep up with a golf which I done so, but the back brakes were crap, got 2 a corner and kindov forgot they were, so hit the front but i hit some gravel, back end slid onto the grass, kept it going, heading back for the road and bam, big grass verge, jump onto the road and fall flat on my face, lucky I had a helmet on (Kindov broke it though!)

I just got straight up and got the bike and made sure it still went, it did but alot of blood stains, i've just recovvered as my leg is now better and my ancle isn't as sore, this was a couple of weeks ago.

So when you get a moped, get leathers, beleive me it hurts (and ruins your jeans!)
#7 - (SaM)
Glad you're OK!
Heh, sounds a bit like me. My whole body is a whole geographical map of where I got cut, bruised and injured. As a kid, I loved cycling fast but speed often comes with sudden stops wich arent that painfree.
*Counts scars* Hmm, 28 scars!
Quote from Bawbag :My latest one was on a 50cc de-restricted moped, was quite fast, would get up to 60mph.

No Video? Meh, that's rubbish that is. If you're going for the sympathy vote, you HAVE to post a small video showing how much pain you were in...

-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from tristancliffe :No Video? Meh, that's rubbish that is. If you're going for the sympathy vote, you HAVE to post a small video showing how much pain you were in...

It'll get him sympathy for sure, but it will not be from me, i'll be too busy laughing at the video of him falling off.
i saw a kid || this close to getting hit by a car yesterday..does that count lol?
Quote :h he, Im guessing this was a push-bike? Glad you wernt too badly hurt.

I certainly hope so, because my bike isn't the fastest out there, but...

Quote :On the way back, going nearly top speed down a hill

...at my top speed of 120 mph uphill (more downhill I'd assume)...

Quote :My front brakes have been dead for a while but I decided to still take it as I still had rear ones lol.

...I certainly wouldn't be taking it out in this condition!!!!

Hope the bumps and bruises aren't too bad. Hope the bike isn't too bad as well.
Quote from Vendetta :i saw a kid || this close to getting hit by a car yesterday..does that count lol?

i almost got hit by a grey RX8 the other day after getting off the bus........ in a parking lot too! a small one, hard enough for 2 cars to even get by and this rx8 just flies by over 20 mph, and seriously, if i were to have brought my hand up to my face (going outward, not straight up.. like you normall would when you scratch your chin or .. whatever) .. my hand would have smacked the mirror.. it was pretty scary.. person didnt even do anything either, just kept going and went into the eckards................
Glad to hear you're ok^H^Hall ok
Quote from snewham :and some ford focus pulls out in front of me

My Foot slipped of the clutch, and I jumped to soon
GP4Flo got hit by a car at the karting meet. So he tried to scratch the paintwork with the McDonalds bag he was carrying!
bad luck fordie, you'll get him next time
Quote from tristancliffe :GP4Flo got hit by a car at the karting meet. So he tried to scratch the paintwork with the McDonalds bag he was carrying!

Lawl!
Well waiting out side college for the lift home and this girl just runs accross the road, doesn't look and a car is coming along, a big people carrier, it slams on the brakes and hits her back foot, she sortov tripped but kept running accross the road! Was quite funny how the driver was a old'ish women who looked totally stunned!
Quote from snewham :Not really a near death experience but nearly made me S**T myself lol.

Went out to the local shops on my bike to get some milk cause my mum used the last of it up.

My front brakes have been dead for a while but I decided to still take it as I still had rear ones lol.

On the way back, going nearly top speed down a hill and some ford focus pulls out in front of me. I swerve to avid it, hit a lamp post and landed on my face in the road

Anyway, I survived with only a few bumps and bruises but could of been a lot worse.

That's pretty funny becasue almost the exact same thing happened to me, my mum woudln't drive me to the shop, so i got on my push bike with an already broken arm rode to the shop on the way home i have a big hill i have no front brakes only rears it was in the wet had a bag on the handle bars. Any way I was flying down this hill with this car infront of me some little white suzuki and the lady driving it without using the indicator pressed her brakes fairly hard to pull into her drive way, my first reaction was to pull the brakes, remember i'm riding with a broken arm and the back wheel locked up and i was realy not expecting it, it slid out sideways so i let go of the brake and it gripped and threw my off I landed on my broken arm again, and broke it further it still hasn't healed properly it's been over a year and I rolled two times then I lost count, and I just remember opening my eyes watching my bottle of coke rolling past me and the lady helping me up then driving me home.
Quote from snewham :Not really a near death experience but nearly made me S**T myself lol.

Somthing simiar happened to me too, allthough the risk of serious injuries might have been higher. Got out unharmed though

Same story, mom told me to fetch some milk. So I hopped into her old Citroen BX (which had known problems with the hydraulics-pressure for both suspension and power steering, but we can adapt ). To keep it short: At the way back, a broad, well know, and little trafficed road, I was cruising along at 100 kph. When I finally came to the crossroads where I have to turn right, I step on the brakes just to find out: They don't work anymore! It was like in a bad movie. Still, using engine braking and the handbrake I managed to get home safely, allthough at a reduced speed

Near Death Experience
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG