The online racing simulator
Quote from Gimpster :We need a car like a built sonthing like a miata, they are just so dam fun to drive.

Yeah, just imagine being able to drive something with the same specs as a miata, then having the ability to use the same size tyre you use in RL. Figure out your spring rates etc and get it set up just like your real life car and go for some fun LFS autox driving!
#52 - JTbo
Quote from Michael Denham :Yeah, just imagine being able to drive something with the same specs as a miata, then having the ability to use the same size tyre you use in RL. Figure out your spring rates etc and get it set up just like your real life car and go for some fun LFS autox driving!

Well that would sounds like my dream too.

Suspension OT:

BTW, every Miata/MX5 driver needs this Make sure you read readme from leftmost tab.
Here is where I spotted this, from that one guy signature. That thread is rather interesting too if you are into suspension stuff...
Thanks Gimpster.
I thought you meant to say that the faster LFS street cars oughta be running something more performant, like street legal slicks or something...

Viper, as I meant you to understand, I am saying the tire deformation in LFS doesn't seem that far off considering their pressures, not that real tires would be at such or such different, more sensible pressures.
Quote from JTbo :
BTW, every Miata/MX5 driver needs this Make sure you read readme from leftmost tab.

WHOA, THANNNNNK YOU!
Another Video
The following link shows a video of my car - F3000V6. Similar to Formula V8.

Cold tyre pressure is usually around 14psi. The front tyre you can see in the video is a Yokohama 220/55ZR13.

I think the tyre deformation evident in Live for Speed is a little exaggerated compared to what you see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeU7Dd0lwrs
Quote from samdale :The following link shows a video of my car - F3000V6. Similar to Formula V8.

Cold tyre pressure is usually around 14psi. The front tyre you can see in the video is a Yokohama 220/55ZR13.

I think the tyre deformation evident in Live for Speed is a little exaggerated compared to what you see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeU7Dd0lwrs

Nice!
Quote from JTbo :Well that would sounds like my dream too.

Suspension OT:

Here is where I spotted this, from that one guy signature. That thread is rather interesting too if you are into suspension stuff...

Very nice find. Will come in very handy.
#58 - JTbo
Before I found that I started to create this, still this my version has some useful tools for modders that other has not, it is just tool that I use, never intended to be nice or user friendly, lol.

It helps a bit with setup making in LFS too, make setup based to real world goals and LFS cars sure feel different to drive, then use real world tire pressure too and it won't go too far from real, imo. It is just that we can modify setups so freely that it is easy to exploit some of issues in engine to gain more grip that there would really be.

Also if it is true that devs do think that there is too much grip, then of course tire flexes more than normally it would, tire flexing itself would be right, but forces causing flexing of tire would be higher.

Well, we have best visual tire deforming, so no one can't really complain too much
#59 - Osco
Quote from JTbo :Well that would sounds like my dream too.

Suspension OT:

thanks dude, I own a 94' 1.8 mx-5
might come in handy some time

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG