The online racing simulator
US Friendly Fire Video
(81 posts, started )
It has been on the news alot, Im sure if you watch the news you will see it
When the days come of battle when computers fly the planes, human errors will be a bit less in the battle field

They should have been more cautious, but then again it was an easy mistake to make sadly!
Quote from Polaxis :Such links are allowed, but when I post a vid with a woman where you can see some breasts and and some bush it gets deleted

I'm no prude, but posting stuff with T and A might be offensive to certain people, especially (and I didn't see what you posted) if the vid is just of the gratuitous NSFW sort.

This, on the other hand, is harsh reality. Censoring something like this from a discussion amongst adults would be truly disturbing.

Threads about this topic are conspicuously absent on several US centric forums I frequent.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Couldn't have been me. There is no way on god's green earth that you would ever get me in the armed forces. This here's a brain in my head.

Luckily for you, you weren't born to live as an American when they threw out the British.. nor as an Indian when colonists ate up their land.. nor as anyone that has to fight for his freedom with his own brain and hands in the present or future; it's a long time yet before proper intelligence and wisdom are widespread enough to prevent resolution by armed conflict.

As for the pilots, I think the mistake was when they accepted the description of what are friendly. There were doubts involved, and they didn't take the time to check things through.. but then that's just hindsight.

I think it's cool that in this thread, for once, things are considered reasonably and in their proper context, as opposed to knee-jerk blaming Bush/USA/capitalist-pigdogs/etc
Quote from Breizh :Luckily for you, you weren't born to live as an American when they threw out the British.. nor as an Indian when colonists ate up their land.. nor as anyone that has to fight for his freedom with his own brain and hands in the present or future; it's a long time yet before proper intelligence and wisdom are widespread enough to prevent resolution by armed conflict.

Well, until they are, I'm happy to go with tradition and let the stupid people fight it out.

Joking aside, you'd have to be a mug to enlist. Going to war because you think it's the right thing to do is, I suppose, the only acceptable way to do it, regardless of how misguided you are. Going to war because your government is paying you to kill foreigners isn't quite so morally agreeable.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Going to war because you think it's the right thing to do is, I suppose, the only acceptable way to do it, regardless of how misguided you are. Going to war because your government is paying you to kill foreigners isn't quite so morally agreeable.

how is believing its a-ok to kill foreigners any more agreeable with your ethics than killing them because its the only thing youre able to do that someone will pay you for ?
Quote from jamesrowe :
When the days come of battle when computers fly the planes, human errors will be a bit less in the battle field

I'm presuming the smiley means thats a joke, otherwise I'd have to respond that the words "paperless office" are completely inaudible these days due to the amount of paper that acts as sound-proofing in every office I've seen.

US Friendly Fire Video
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG