The online racing simulator
Stupid layout editor broken!!!!
(15 posts, started )
Hi there

Ive got a S2 licence and everything else works but i cant get the editor to work properly..

I press shift-u and it goes to the editor but there is no "load Layout" button in the bottom right corner or the object window doesnt open when o is pressed.

I need help with this as i need to get some stunt driving on the go....

Cheers, Foil
try pressing space?

frenchy
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :try pressing space?

frenchy

All it does is remove the 2 left boxes.... like help and options. its like a few things are missing..
easiest thing to try - redownload lfs and see if it works then
shift + a or f??
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :easiest thing to try - redownload lfs and see if it works then

Is there no other key options to display things in the editor??
shift + f (iirc) removes everything, for screenshots or so, and space does hide some options.
normally u cant "hide" the load button.
see screenshot attached, if that isnt there then something might be wrong, can be a corrupted file, also happend to some ppl that the unlock button was missing what has been fixed after redownloading.
Attached images
autox.JPG
#9 - Don
make sure that "place objects" is set to [yes] at the left side of the screen
Fixed it. the editor only works in Single player and not hot lapping even tho it opens the editor window. What is the point...
that explains it
using autox parts in hotlapping could give u advantages (jumping over chicanes ect) and every player has to have the "same track" that every1 has the same chances.
it also works in multiplayer btw but just when ur the host.
when guest on an server with autox parts u can only save the layout.
thx anyway guys
Quote from Foilpact :Fixed it. the editor only works in Single player and not hot lapping even tho it opens the editor window. What is the point...

In hotlap mode, if the editor was available, you could put objects on the track to help you. Ie, putting a ramp to jump straight over a chicane rather than driving slower through a chicane.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :that explains it
using autox parts in hotlapping could give u advantages (jumping over chicanes ect)

Quote from mrodgers :In hotlap mode, if the editor was available, you could put objects on the track to help you. Ie, putting a ramp to jump straight over a chicane rather than driving slower through a chicane.

Quote from imthebestracerthereis :

Yea yea, it's a habit of being on dialup at home. I'll open multiple threads and read some while others are loading, thus I opened this one before Boosted responded, but didn't respond til later .

And, yes, seriously, I did not see his comment about chicanes when I typed my comment about chicanes, honestly!!!

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG