The online racing simulator
Round one - Aston Historic, January 27th.
Figure I would make a thread that is pertinent to this particular race. All comments before and after can go here.

The Server-The LFS LeMans League.
Date and time: Saturday, January 27th
Warm up: 20:00 GMT.
Qualify: 20:30 GMT.
Race: 21:00 GMT. 40 laps.

Track: Aston Historic.

List of attendees:
LX6, FZ5, RAC:
1)ZORER-FZ5
2)racer hero-LX6
3)Vain-FZ5
4)(-Mark-)-LX6
5)Hyperactive-LX6
6)Michael Denham-LX6

UFR, XFR:
1)Ariel_eb-XFR
2)JaviF-XFR
3)Locovich-XFR
4)cropsy-XFR
5)Davo-XFR
6)Xenoa-XFR

FXR, XRR, FZR:
1)RevengeR-FZR
2)Cawwa-FZR
3)Razvan-FZR
4)scipy -FZR
5)
6)bo-kristiansen-FXR

On Saturday, January 20th, I will send a private message to each one of the participants with information they must have, or the participant will not race!
#2 - Vain
So, how is it turning out for everyone?
I'm now clocking 2.49:* times when I emptied my fuel tank and I feel that's close enough to give me the possibility to challange for a top-3 place in LRF class.
But I don't know yet how the pitstop will influence the balancing between FZ5 and LX6. The FZ5 consumes about 140 litres of fuel in 40 laps, which is not only a lot of added weight (~100kg!) but also takes ages to get into the tank when you pit.

Vain
I'm in the 2:51s in the LX6....won't be competing for top spot, I'm sure
#4 - scipy
hi, can u add me in the 500 hp class gtrs? my lfsworld name is scipy, nickname is [XFR]scipy and i would drive a FZR. tnx

kiss to cawwa :o
Well, I made this just to be on the safe side...I think I may just use it.
Attached images
safetycar1.jpg
safetycar2.jpg
safetycar3.jpg
Will there be any kind of broadcast, or at least spectator? Even better, may I take one of the unused spots for watching? I could be safety car for the first part of it.
#7 - Vain
No one's doing a driver change as far as I know, so there should be 3 connection slots for viewers.

Vain
Have a nice race, I really would like to participate or watch but I won't be at home =)
#9 - ZORER
Looks like i'll be missing my friend's birthday party...
unfortunately, i can't make it this race. last minute out of town thing. i was looking forward to this race too . i'll be there for the next race though.
Thanks for the "helping hands", but for this race I will worry about being a pace / safety car. I will be very honest; I am not a really trusting person, but once you gain my trust, I will trust the person without a doubt. Soon I will have a signup sheet for volunteer race stewards whom will have admin host powers. For now, I think my tab button will get a good beating.

If you would like to spectate, PM and I will give you the server password. My only stipulation is That there will be no talking / chatting / spamming / flooding during the race. The reason why is that it can very distracting to a driver, and I want to ensure that everyone who is racing will have no troubles, so they can enjoy and concentrate on the race.

I do not have spectator or noob TV yet, they along with LFS lapper are ideas I am still tossing about in my head.

I will be on the server at or around 1900 GMT, my LFS "name" will be Race_Marshall.

To everyone who is participating: Thank you VERY much for helping this league get off the ground, and for my idea to become reality. Already I have people asking about my other idea, the LeMans Lite, which I hope will be a hit, too. Lets all hope you have a fun time, with many close battles and spectacular finishes. Oh, and no crashes on turn one.
#12 - Vain
Went quite well for me. Managed to loose Hyperactive in fewer than 10 laps and pulled away at around a second a lap. Tyres were looking fine, fuel was enough to make it to lap 25, as I wanted. So everything went fine until I disconnected for no apparent reason in lap 11 or 12.
Still connected to the internet, no raising connection bars, just dang, as if I was kicked. Skimmed through the replay, no signs of lag at all. Something strange went wrong.

Vain
I think someone else got disconnected after you too. That was really an unlucky thing.

The race was a disaster for me i even got lapped by my own gt3 class cars. i can't find a reason other than blaming my setup..)i'm not a fast guy but not that slow too).i was damn slower in the race because i tried to make the setup better for the long race but it got worse i couldn't even get more than about a second closer to my pb whole race...I'm soo sad i didn't ever have a bad result like this before.

Anyways i managed to make it to the finish.

Thank you Jayhawk.
Quote from ZORER :I think someone else got disconnected after you too. That was really an unlucky thing.

The race was a disaster for me i even got lapped by my own gt3 class cars. i can't find a reason other than blaming my setup..)i'm not a fast guy but not that slow too).i was damn slower in the race because i tried to make the setup better for the long race but it got worse i couldn't even get more than about a second closer to my pb whole race...I'm soo sad i didn't ever have a bad result like this before.

Anyways i managed to make it to the finish.

Thank you Jayhawk.

Not a problem. Like I said, you followed the rules, and that impresses me more than anything. Plus, becaue alot of people didnt show up, you have points like if you placed in third. Plus! there are many more races coming up. The people who win in this league are the ones who stick it out through every race. I mean, it could be possible to finish in the top three for the season in your class, but place fourth or fifth in every race...it all depends on who wants to "tough it out" for the long haul over the course of the season.
#15 - Davo
No excuse for me, I slept in
Quote from Davo :No excuse for me, I slept in

Ah, well. Could you tell me though, what time is 2100 GMT in Australia? I am thinking about 8 am?
#17 - Davo
Yup that's correct. I can't just wake up and start playing either, the cobwebs get in the way. I get up around 6am for a 8am race and have some prac before hand.
Allright...see, I have 2100 GMT for a start time so its not too late for Europe, and not too early for Oceania. Heh, if I had it my way, it would be 1600 GMT.
#19 - Davo
Yeh it's a good time for me and I'm lucky most leagues are on at that time also. Sometimes it's just hard waking up early on a Sunday
render of class winners
been meaning to get this done, so now it is. here's a render of the class winners. there's still some stuff to fix on it, but i think it still looks ok. critiquing welcome to help me with my renders.
Attached images
lemans.jpg
Hey, good work!

Just needs to find a solution for the ground texturing it repeats to much.
Quote from ZORER :Hey, good work!

Just needs to find a solution for the ground texturing it repeats to much.

well, it's the only way to make it look like real concrete. i feel that having a ground texture makes renders look better, but that's just me. i can just remove it.
Quote from burnsy1882 :been meaning to get this done, so now it is. here's a render of the class winners. there's still some stuff to fix on it, but i think it still looks ok. critiquing welcome to help me with my renders.

Wow! Thank you very much!!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG