The online racing simulator
more options tied to player profile
If you go in LFS -> Options -> Player section, you have the ability to create several different player names. Right now, the following items aren't tied to the player account that I think should be:
  • Controls
  • Game settings, particularly F1-F8, Ctrl+ and Alt+ bindings
I want this because the other day I joined a Cops and Robbers server, created a new profile (something like [COP]cebesius, for example), and then set a bunch of silly cop-related say bindings to my F1-F8 keys. Afterwards, I switched back to my regular (not the [COP]cebesius) profile to go play on a regular server, and when I pressed F5, instead of saying "hi", I said "POLICE -- PULL OVER IMMEDIATELY!" and subsequently felt quite stupid.
The problem is that currently the name of the player is also name of the profile. It should defenately be that the player name is part of the profile in LFS.

Other things I'd like to see is a button to mute my F-buttons (during league races, for example)
#3 - 71460
This can be easily made, using scripts.

Create one *.cfg with the cop F*, and other with the race F*. in the game simply load them. Or bind a key to any of the cfg.
Thanks for the nice workaround, 71460. I will be using that.

But, I still feel this should be tied to user profiles, so that users don't need to rely on their own custom scripting to have this functionality. That is probably to complex for most people. It would be a lot easier if these things were tied to a profile, and hopefully not too much work to implement.

[silly] I need either this or (a track like) the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Devs, take your pick. [/silly]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG