The online racing simulator
Just curious about this
(27 posts, started )
Just curious about this
hi there.

not sure if this has been mentioned before.. it probably is but anyway..
i was reading some stuff on liveforspeed since i was playing for fun on the really old S1 version of LFS and we had a little discussion about the first LFS version ever.. 1999? and i found this wiki website with this picture.. i was like omg stunts 4d ..

i wish i could get my hands on this one and try it out once for fun.. its a development version so couldnt find it on the original LFS website at the archived downloads..

just wondering if it had any loopings or jumps.. stuff like that hehe looks fun.
we all wish we could get our hands on it just to mess around but.. the devs have never said a word about it (doubt they even have it anymore really :S)

but there are some things i'd love to do in that game
#3 - (SaM)
Pre S1Demo testing version. Unreleased.

An early S1 screenshot below, with an unreleased track.
Attached images
naamloos.JPG
Quote from (SaM) :Pre S1Demo testing version. Unreleased.

Another one below, with an unreleased track.

Pre Version 0.03 Testing, there was a lot more Versions before S1, like 0.1 and 0.2 (which you could call pre S1)
That shot looks like an early version of the final downhill (or first uphill reversed) Fern Bay chicane, just before the home stretch in Club (I think). I'm seeing the sandy part replaced with a hill, and the right hand side being closer to the wall. Could be wrong, mind (I frequently am).
Pssst that's the S3 prototype!
#7 - bbman
Of course, anyone who saw the glow the brake lighte make in this picture have to be one of the graphical enhancements of S3...
Looks like it's FE Club to me.
Quote from XCNuse :we all wish we could get our hands on it just to mess around but.. the devs have never said a word about it (doubt they even have it anymore really :S)

but there are some things i'd love to do in that game

Agreed. I also have asked about the track from the pic in the original post. Hard Drivin and Stunt Drivin were two of my favorite games back in the day. It would be awesome to have such a track in LFS with it's excellent physics. Sure, it's not real-world racing, but I think that the appeal of LFS is that it behaves realistically, not just that it simulates racing. Stuff like auto-soccer, drifting, demo derby, and stunt driving are just plain fun and should be encouraged whenever possible.

Even if the devs don't have the track anymore, I'd think Eric could whip up something like this very quickly since it doesn't really need much trackside detail. Hell, I'd even be willing to play an old .X version just to try that one track!
i used to play s1 as a demo user, but that early picture is well beyond my time

i would bet the car still drove better then the ones in Rfactor TBH LOL
Quote from trackah123 :

Woah, Never saw that before. Nice find. Is that early banked oval in the background ?

could also be an early aston club, just before the second hairpin.

that track looks so cool, i want it!
BANKING!!! awsome )
I certainly hope the devs didn't get rid of those early projects, they mean something valuable for us LFS fans that outsiders wouldn't be able to understand
YES! we want this version for free download to all registered users :headbang:
Quote from K.David :I certainly hope the devs didn't get rid of those early projects, they mean something valuable for us LFS fans that outsiders wouldn't be able to understand

scary avatar:hidesbehi

track reminds me alot of westhill tbh

that track specifically though is a track that was never released, there are other pictures but.. (see below)

i remember the old aston looked really different, it had huge mountains and stuff

.. i wonder why the devs got rid of all the old screenshots (4players.de isn't showing the pictures either so .. not finding anything of it)
Quote :More screens of that early development version:
http://www.4players.de/rendersite.ph...s&se tid=4205

cant get the screenshots to work.. they wont show up tho i do see the list of screenshot sets.. but when i click on 1 of them.. nothing happens. tried both firefox and internet explorer
#21 - JTbo
There was surely quite few versions before they put it to net for download as demo test, in which there was already great graphics.

Hmm, I wonder now who has been playing longest time of LFS, maybe there was some closed test version before public one?
surely Janezki is somewhere up there being one of the longest playing LFSers (although hes not here anymore )
Quote from XCNuse :

.. i wonder why the devs got rid of all the old screenshots (4players.de isn't showing the pictures either so .. not finding anything of it)

You may think its pretty cool, but I am willing to bet poor Scawen's ears turn bright red from embarrassment every time he see these pictures. I am sure if he had it his way, anything before 2004 would disappear forever.
i guess... but i think its cool to show the progress over time for any game really
far from being embarrased, i reckon scawen is well proud of his old work, and protective of it too, with good reason. could be looked at as the core engines and physics we know today that make S2.

Just curious about this
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG