The online racing simulator
HUD Customisation
(13 posts, started )
HUD Customisation
I've done a search for this but found similar things but not exactly.
I've seen it suggested about the F# Menus and shift F etc.
My suggestion is a customisable HUD where you can choose what you want to see and what you dont.
An example, which is my preference, i like racing with nothing on screen (shift F) as all the clutter gets in the way IMO but it would be nice to be able to see the lap numbers and also be able to bring up the F# menus.

So almost do away with the shift F function and make it all optional what you want to see.
#2 - joen
My ideal HUD would be one where I am able to choose what I want to see, and where I want it to be. So yes, definitely a +1
+1 dude!
+1
+1
+1
Absolutely. I always like games where I can add/remove items I don't need.

[Edit: Post 666! :evil:]
+1 here because all i can really use is the "tire view" as i call it (because of fps reasons, and also because of monitor size)
+1 for a fully customizable HUD (Inc. positioning and size of items)
+1

It's something I've always wished for in LFS.

I'm a little suprised the "it must be 100% realistic" crowd hasn't flamed this thread yet though they must have all taken the day off
Quote from Glenn67 :+1

It's something I've always wished for in LFS.

I'm a little suprised the "it must be 100% realistic" crowd hasn't flamed this thread yet though they must have all taken the day off

How can a HUD be realistic?
Quote from GeForz :How can a HUD be realistic?

It's pretty simple technology really don't you have a HUD in your work ute? I always use the HUD in my work ute to easily see what speed I'm doing mid corner because I have a problem with a sense of speed in real life
I would like a skinnable hud as well - maybe one like the F1 TV graphics in TV camera mode.
#13 - joen
Quote from Glenn67 :

I'm all for realism. But...I see things like the racing positions for instance as something you would get in real racing as well, although then it would be your pit crew giving you information about position and gaps. So untill we have pitboards and stuff like that it's needed.
In real life you can't chat with the other racers, yet we have a chat system. I don't think removing the chat system would go down well with at least 80% of the LFS players

A skinnable HUD would be great

HUD Customisation
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG