The online racing simulator
Finally plucked up courage
(14 posts, started )
Well I've had my licence since before xmas but only did a couple of races online.

Anyway today I must have done at least 10 races, only in the UF1 until I get to really know the tracks but I can't say how much fun I've been having.

Being able to drive against real people is the best thing about LFS.

Neil
Quote from Neil777 :Being able to drive against real people is the best thing about LFS.

Ah, you found it now. Cant understand how you were able to almost not drive online for over a month.

And 10 races is nothing. Just wait until you drive 30 races without realizing that you just spent more than 3 hours racing.
Quote from Neil777 :Well I've had my licence since before xmas but only did a couple of races online.

Anyway today I must have done at least 10 races, only in the UF1 until I get to really know the tracks but I can't say how much fun I've been having.

Being able to drive against real people is the best thing about LFS.

Neil

That`s the way !

Learn in uf1000, and the on to the faster, more difficult cars
How did it take you that long?

Im the other way round, in demo i raced online so when i got licenced i went straight online and single player is almost a no no lol. Cant beat online racing though, ive just come off lfs from about 2 hours racing (and i got to say some of the best racing ive had - strange coincedence)
From the moment I installed S1 demo back two years ago, I can say, I have never driven offline in LFS other than a few tests configuring the new computer last year.
Well after a week or so on the various public servers I've now started working on my Bronze STCC licence.

Only done a couple of races but its amazing that starting at the back of the grid how many places you can make up just by being neat through the corners. The only trouble is when I've got somebody behind me who just sails into the corners at full speed taking me out.
Quote from Neil777 :Well after a week or so on the various public servers I've now started working on my Bronze STCC licence.

Only done a couple of races but its amazing that starting at the back of the grid how many places you can make up just by being neat through the corners. The only trouble is when I've got somebody behind me who just sails into the corners at full speed taking me out.

It does happen unfortunatly. You find there are people who can turn in fast laps but just aren't fast drivers - in the they can hotlap but can't race with other cars on track. Also the new and bronze seems to attract some noobs but keep going at it and usually if you can in the top half of the racers you get some good racing

If all else fails use your wit my current message is "I like it up the rear as much as anyone but please not so rough!"
I wouldn't say it was the fast drivers just people who didn't realise they wouldn't be able to get around the two hairpins at Aston Club without braking.illepall

Anyway I went on again later last night but there was some idiot hanging around at the end of the straight waiting to crash into people as they came round.
I would have done that but trying to drive and keep note of peoples user name can be tricky especially with some of the more unusual ones.

From what bit of the text I was able to read I think a few people were going to report him.
Once you get your silver licence its not so bad, the driving seems to be alot better (and faster)in the silver & gold stcc server.
Yes the racing is better but because it's better the drivers are usually faster too =)
Quote from Neil777 :I would have done that but trying to drive and keep note of peoples user name can be tricky especially with some of the more unusual ones.

From what bit of the text I was able to read I think a few people were going to report him.

Other ppl will usually report such things but if someone is wrecking then make sure you save a replay before a new race starts (hit 2 to save a multiplayer replay).

That way you can review the reply after the race to make sure they were wrecking and upload to the barricade if necessary.

Of course, replays are also useful to take a look how you're driving too...
Quote from Hockquan :Other ppl will usually report such things but if someone is wrecking then make sure you save a replay before a new race starts (hit 2 to save a multiplayer replay).

That way you can review the reply after the race to make sure they were wrecking and upload to the barricade if necessary.

Of course, replays are also useful to take a look how you're driving too...

Thanks I'll remember that for next time.

He was definitely wrecking, on my final lap I was in sight of the line and he drove the wrong way up the track and straight into me.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG