The online racing simulator
Changing car
(11 posts, started )
Changing car
Is it possible to change a car from an external program?
Quote from stevewhite :Is it possible to change a car from an external program?

exactly what do you mean by "change a car"? if you'd like to change the specs of a car you could use lfs tweak. however, you can only alter the xfg, xrg and xrt (aka the demo-cars). furthermore you need an old version of lfs. quite cumbersome, i'd say.

if you'd like an external application to switch cars in-game, the answer is no. at least not to my knowledge.
Can you be more specific?
an external program, that will switch cars, and/or games ingame, not during a race, but while the game is loading. First when you start lfs, the car and track that you had selected last are the car and track that loads. Is there a way i can change these cars while the gome is not running, or even while the game is in the main menu?
I am not the one to say if it is possible or not. But at the moment there is no such application.
Lol, stevewhite, this is the second time you got people confused .

Sadly, I can't help you with this one either, but next time you might wanna state that you are making a random combo generator, and that you want it to be able to start up LFS with the generated combo loading on start up .

So, did you figure out how to get the track changed?
#7 - Krane
I'm not exactly sure is this what you want... or do they work like you'd want them to..

Quote from readme.txt :

Other text commands :
---------------------
Most of these text commands replicate functions usually controlled by
pressing on-screen buttons but can be useful in other situations, for
example when controlling LFS from an external program using InSim.

Game setup screen only :

/ai [NAME] :add ai driver (can specify NAME)
/ready :set ready
/cancel :cancel ready
/clear :clear all racers from list

Game setup screen on in game :

/car XXX :select car (e.g. XRT)
/setup X :select setup X
/colour X :select colour X
/join :join the race
/spectate :spectate or leave grid
/leave :disconnect from host
/player X :select existing player X

Host settings commands :

/vote X :no or yes - guest voting
/select X :no or yes - guest selection
/cars [cars] :see below : "Car Strings"

Im pretty sure i have it figured out. I know how to change the track and the car. So i am able to make the game load with the random car and track. I now just have to figure out the code to do so. As for confusing people, sorry. I usually have a hard time expressing my thoughts through writing... ask my english prof
yeah thanks that exactually how i plan to do it. Just open the file, change the selected car and track... there ya go, DONE! not quite... then i have to figure out a way to locate that file on everyone elses computer because of different install places... not really that easy, but i WILL do it!
Quote from stevewhite :yeah thanks that exactually how i plan to do it. Just open the file, change the selected car and track... there ya go, DONE! not quite... then i have to figure out a way to locate that file on everyone elses computer because of different install places... not really that easy, but i WILL do it!

Just make they run the program from the LFS directory and you dont have to worry where it is on their computer.

Changing car
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG