The online racing simulator
Drive-Through Penalty
(14 posts, started )
Drive-Through Penalty
how can i get drive through penalty with the pit limiter on??
just push the pedal to the floor with BF1 in 1st gear in the pits and you will get drive through even with limiter on!
It happens applying throttle too sudden, and thereby spinning the tires - the game then thinks thinks you are driving faster because the tires are turning faster.

I'm guessing this was with patch U, right? I would imagine the latest patch eliminating this "bug".
it happens also with patch V
Because the acceleration is so great, the limiter can't apply quick enough, so you get your speed faster than 80, then you slow down.
Why not let the car gets REALLY limited at 80...

So that it doesn't say you are doing 120, because your limiter only allows 80...
I think it would be great for LFS to see pitroad speed (for the penalties) by a timing device rather than based directly from your car, just like they do in real life.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Why not let the car gets REALLY limited at 80...

So that it doesn't say you are doing 120, because your limiter only allows 80...

nonono your missing what the problem is; in the BF1, if you accelerate to fast, no matter what your speedometer says, your acceleration and momentum will override the limiter, and the limiter isn't given enough time to slow the car down to the regulated speed, and you go over it for a split second before returning to the correct speed

they work IRL by fuelcutting right?
if they do, that is why it takes a while for the car to adjust to the limiter's speed; its not slowing the whole car down, its just slowing the engine down
Quote from XCNuse :nonono your missing what the problem is; in the BF1, if you accelerate to fast, no matter what your speedometer says, your acceleration and momentum will override the limiter, and the limiter isn't given enough time to slow the car down to the regulated speed, and you go over it for a split second before returning to the correct speed

(big bump sorry)

Well, I meant, why not let the car really go 80...

so if you spin your tyres, that you can't go over 80...
With the bf1, its more or less ok you can go through pitlane limit with speed-limitier. Just dont hit the speedlimit full throttle.

What i do hate, you get a pit-lane speeding while you going 80,0km/h.

Penalty should start from 81,0km/h
Quote from Bluebird B B :What i do hate, you get a pit-lane speeding while you going 80,0km/h.

Penalty should start from 81,0km/h

You don't get a penalty for doing 80.0. The speedometer doesn't display 0.1 decimal so you don't see that you are above 80.0 and below 80.5. 80.1-80.4 will be rounded down to 80 on the speedo display. If you get a penalty when you are displaying 80, then you are somewhere between 80.1 and 80.4.
Just don't give the car the power to go over 80 kmh with limiter on.
u can go with every car that has a limiter beyond the 80 kmh.
best example - blackwood.
as the pit exit is downhill it happens pretty easy that u override the limit.
dont forget, the limiter can only control ur throttle but cant brake.
just be gentle
True, but the engine shouldn't get enough power to lose traction and go over 80kmh on the speedometer
I think the REAL bug here is that the moment you hit 80KPH you get a drive through penalty. I mean WTF is that? Speed limit is 80 so why can't I do 80 without a penalty? I can't even do 79.5 without a penalty illepall

Drive-Through Penalty
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG