The online racing simulator
Vista & Momo Racing
(13 posts, started )
Vista & Momo Racing
I've been running Vista now for a few weeks, full version (Business).

Been pretty good.

Got round to putting LFS back on as I have now activated Vista and was hoping this was my new stable build.

LFS works a treat, run into some sound issues and now my sounds stuffed. Attempting to get drivers for that, anyway...

Got the MOMO plugged in and the MS driver was no good, detecting the Axis' wrong etc, so I went looking for drivers only finding the usual XP stuff on Wingman team, so stuck them on.

Oh dear, blue screens of death, which not many people I know have seen in Vista. I had applied the Momo steering centre fix too.

Since I need my machine for work related stuff, I've had to remove it all which seems to have fixed the blue screens.

Has anyone managed to get Vista and the Momo (DFP too for that matter) working together?

I've google'd, checked the Logitech forums, searched these forums... nothing.. other than people saying theirs isnt working too.

If no ones got anything I'll go back to XP... *sulk*
i think the short answer is no mate, im running Vista Enterprise (HP) and have no problems; just find the graphics aint the may west
#3 - TiJay
The only thing stopping me upgrading my games PC to Vista is the lack of support for the DFP.

Or am I wrong and can you get force feedback with it in Vista?
#4 - Woz
Vista driver requirements are HUGE and on the whole do not allow unified drivers. You can guess what this means.

One solution is to dump the DRM infected POS and install XP again.

But hay, if you are happy with your PC being half as fast as it is under XP because of all the DRM logic that has to constantly run to keep the machine "safe" thats fine You just have to accept that driver support for hardware made pre-vista might be a bit crap and sometimes might NEVER be released.

If wingman can't do a unified you might find the DFP might get some support and the G25 probably will but I doubt the Red Momo ever will.

Just thank MS, they are to blame for being so weak against the RIAA and MPAA.
I have gone back to XP, mainly for Wheel but I was having issues with the sound as well. Turned out that was a hardware issue (faulty mobo) but at least I can use my wheel again. Fished an old sound card out and all working again. Cheers.
Nope, haven't got the DFP working in Vista yet. May have to do a dual boot it looks like.
not impressed with Logitech I must say!

Beta's of Vista have been out for a long time and they make enough money to get the certs sorted via MS.

Hopefully now that consumer Vista is out they will get pressured into doing something.
I have a momo and windows vista.... and i have no problems I used the latest drivers in the logitech site (yes, those that say windows vista it´s no supported!! )

P.D: in logitech site, the software version for the momo is 4.6 and for the g25 is 5.0 illepall I used the version 5
Guys - your acting surprised that there arn't drivers for Vista.

OF COURSE NOT. older hardware will ( generally ) not be supported.

If your an early adopter of Vista then welcome to the ranks of software testing.

Personally I have no plan to touch it before SP1 at the earliest.

My suggested fixes are buy a brand new pc, buy a G25, use NONE of the cards from your old PC ( Video, sound etc ) and with luck you'll only have half the problems you would have using older gear.

Seriously, if you just want to play - use 2 partitions, one XP & one Vista.

Best solution - stop giving MS money for crap software & stick with XP for as long as possible.
#10 - Woz
Quote from Racer X NZ :Guys - your acting surprised that there arn't drivers for Vista.

OF COURSE NOT. older hardware will ( generally ) not be supported.

If your an early adopter of Vista then welcome to the ranks of software testing.

Personally I have no plan to touch it before SP1 at the earliest.

My suggested fixes are buy a brand new pc, buy a G25, use NONE of the cards from your old PC ( Video, sound etc ) and with luck you'll only have half the problems you would have using older gear.

Seriously, if you just want to play - use 2 partitions, one XP & one Vista.

Best solution - stop giving MS money for crap software & stick with XP for as long as possible.

I didn't move from 2k to XP until just before SP2.

Now that BlueRay and HD-DVD are beaten. there are work arounds for Vista DRM and the RIAA and friends look about ready to drop DRM it might make MS see sense and drop all the core leveel DRM crap. It will do wonders for the system demands and performance.
So, I'm still working on getting my wheel working in vista. The DFP pedals seem to work fine, but my steering is off center and WAY too sensitive in LFS. However when I look at the device properties in windows, everything looks like its calibrated just fine (not that I can find a calibrate button anyway).

Is this a Vista specific problem, or am I just being dumb and forgetting to set something up in LFS?
Have you checked LFS
Options -> Controls -> Axis? ( sorry but I'm at work so can't check the prog )

In here you can reset your steering axis etc so try having a play here.

It may be a Vista issue tho so see my earlier post lolillepall
Quote from Racer X NZ :Have you checked LFS
Options -> Controls -> Axis? ( sorry but I'm at work so can't check the prog )

In here you can reset your steering axis etc so try having a play here.

It may be a Vista issue tho so see my earlier post lolillepall

Oh yeah, that solved it!

I still had the wheel problem when I reinstalled WinXP, then I got your post here. Thing is I don't know if I ever noticed that menu when I first installed the wheel. Must've just been set up good enough for me not to think anything was wrong. I must say it drives better than it did before now that I've recal'd!

So end result. DFP works perfectly fine in Vista. It was my fault for not calibrating the wheel in LFS.

Vista & Momo Racing
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG