The online racing simulator
Master Server Problems .. Again
(20 posts, started )
#1 - ukg
Yet more problems with LFS ... Not sure if its just me or if its a big problem like the other day.

When I try to connect to servers it says:

NETWORK ERROR: UNKNOWN

And doesnt show alot of the servers, the once it does show, I cant connect to. I get the error message

'Did Not Recieve Track Info'

Hmmm

Any Ideas?
im getting errors on my server...

i keep getting

OK: Avoiding buffer crash....(6 times in last hour)

iv had this

network fatal : notconn (4 times other day)

anyone know what they mean???
What version of LFS are you using? Try redownloading a fresh copy and using that.

Also, Off Topic, in your 'shop' you claim you sell 'car mod resistors to add 20BHP to your cars power'. Please don't sell scams like these that don't actually work. Whilst in perfect conditions they might add a tiny bit of horsepower, the majority of the time they just make the car run very very rich, and so waste a lot of fuel, destroy catalysts, harm emissions and void warranties. If you need to resort to selling scams please move to Nigeria. kthxbie.
#4 - Jakg
what version of LFS are you running?
my host is 0.5v......
#6 - ukg
Quote from tristancliffe :What version of LFS are you using? Try redownloading a fresh copy and using that.

Also, Off Topic, in your 'shop' you claim you sell 'car mod resistors to add 20BHP to your cars power'. Please don't sell scams like these that don't actually work. Whilst in perfect conditions they might add a tiny bit of horsepower, the majority of the time they just make the car run very very rich, and so waste a lot of fuel, destroy catalysts, harm emissions and void warranties. If you need to resort to selling scams please move to Nigeria. kthxbie.

Wow, easy, you wrote a whole sentence there that was actually on topic .... FYI I dont sell them now. Its obvious to any idiot that you should research things like that before putting them on your car. If people dont do that, who fault is that?

Ive updated to latest version the other day after all the issues with patch U no longer working. I would just put this down to the fact that its all on temporary servers or whatever is happening at the moment, but I dont wana sit on my thumb for a month and still have the same problem.
Quote from niffer022 :im getting errors on my server...

i keep getting

OK: Avoiding buffer crash....(6 times in last hour)

same here on some hosts!
don't know why, never had this issue before, just after the devs switched the master server....
same here mate, only happened since they swapped the servers round....
would be nice to see an answer of one of the devs here!
what may cause this?

well, tomorrow morning i'll reboot my system (wasn't rebooted since the swap). maybe this helps!
Quote from ukg :Wow, easy, you wrote a whole sentence there that was actually on topic .... FYI I dont sell them now. Its obvious to any idiot that you should research things like that before putting them on your car. If people dont do that, who fault is that?

Well what an honorable man you are.

Edit: I would just like to add that people like you disgust me, incase that wasn't obvious from my original post.
Quote from CrazyICE :would be nice to see an answer of one of the devs here!
what may cause this?

well, tomorrow morning i'll reboot my system (wasn't rebooted since the swap). maybe this helps!

iv rebooted mine twice and i still get the errors
well, i rebooted now and removed the hosts entry...
gonna see what happens....i will post the result
#13 - ukg
Quote from joshdifabio :Well what an honorable man you are.

Edit: I would just like to add that people like you disgust me, incase that wasn't obvious from my original post.

Start a post about it somewhere else, stop wasting everyones time. No-one cars / wants to read your crap. Idiot. Sussex? OMG thats almost an idiot living in Kent.
Quote from ukg :No-one cares/wants to read your crap. Idiot.

I care (in a Pythonesque voice from the back)

We just don't like fools misselling automotive stuff - praying on the weak, something only lesser men (like 'builders' who bully old ladies into work they don't need) do. Thus we brand you a lesser man, and all on the basis of something you claim to sell! Odd world isn't it.
#15 - ukg
Right heres my opinion, then keep ur brain dead opinions to yourself cos Ive had enough of them.

Heres the comparison between these little resistors and fags, and the people who sell them.

Fags -> Millions of people sell them, and millions of people die every year because of them. But do you see people looking down on shop keepers for it?

Resistors -> they damage engines, but if the person doesnt research it in the first place, then thats their fault. If they dont research them, and then when they get a normal resistor in the post, theyre still stupid enough to put it in their car with know knowledge of the product, what do you expect?

Funny world, Tough shit. You might die tomorrow, so who cares about a rubbing piston?
lmao you muppet.....

yes they say fags kill, but they come with a warning printed on them...

do your resistors come with a warning , stating they will do nothing for performance and will more that likely damage your car...

you and the rest of the ebay tit heads all want lining up and have those stupid resistors inserted into your eye balls....

Quote from CrazyICE :well, i rebooted now and removed the hosts entry...
gonna see what happens....i will post the result

well, it's coming again...frequently, but it's there!

so, can anyone say what this means and why this message appears?
"OK: Avoiding buffer crash"

Is it a serious problem or is it just a hint?
What can appen if this message appears?

I have seen that this also appears if no one is connected?
Strage! So what can cause this!

==> DEVS?????
i havent had the message at all today, but one thing i have noticed is not one single person has connected too my server all week....
I'm assuming that the new server just has a lot of wrinkles in it that need to be ironed out...

We should just wait a week or so to wait for everything to get settled down.
#20 - ukg
lol niffer ... nice actually if I sell them again, ill suggest theres a strong opinion that these damage cars, BUT its not proven, and it is proven that they DO improve performance.

and JAMES POND?? Nice game .... about 13 years ago ... ur so cool

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG