The online racing simulator
Stupid Unlocks
(25 posts, started )
Stupid Unlocks
So ive only logged into two computers and now that the "wonderful" patch V is out, i'm back in demo mode with no unlocks..... Whats up with that??? Why would you have unlocks for the game???? Its so much of an inconvience, i mean i pay for a game 2 weeks ago, patch comes out now i want to play and I cant because i have no ****en unlocks..... What a retarted thing to have in the game......

end of rant...
When did a patch come out in the last few days

Also pm/email devs and ask nicely and they usually give you another one
I dont know... today i woke up tuned on lfs found no servers then i went to the website updated the patch and now no unlocks...
#4 - Jakg
you get an extra unlock when V came out, it's not the devs fault you wasted your 2 unlocked...
#5 - Davo
You're the stupid one for agreeing to terms and conditions you didn't even read!! You might as well sign your life away!
So how does any of your guys post iinvolve any technical help??? Looks like your just in for the free post...
#7 - joen
I've got one word for you:

SEARCH

stupid user.
You get an unlock at the end of every month anyway, you'll be able to unlock in 2 days anyway. I'd suggest being patient and learn how the unlocking system works in LFS. Unlocking is needed otherwise how else would the devs ever coax any money from us for them to live off?

I am curious how you managed to get a patch older than V if you downloaded LFS for the first time only two weeks ago, it's been out a month. Is one of the mirrors out of date?
Seeing as I was passing, I've added another unlock for you Aaron.

Though I'm wondering like Bob, funny how you got the wrong version. I guess you had it from before, some time ago.

Anyway, the unlocks are to make the licensed users happy, because they wouldn't be very happy if everyone else could race for free.
And it makes us developers happy too because people must pay so they can unlock.
Quote from Scawen :And it makes us developers happy too because people must pay so they can unlock.

[sarcasm] Oh my god, the devs are just greedy asking for money for this game, how dare they. Im sure it's an infraction of my civil liberties [/sarcasm]

Awwwwww your so nice Scawen, this is why we love you
Quote from Greboth :Awwwwww your so nice Scawen, this is why we love you

Secretly we all know that the entire dev team has the overriding urge to stab people in the face for asking the same questions about unlocks various other topics over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I know I do.

If they don't then I can honestly say that they're far better people than I am!
I think Victor might want to kill me, I've had to have an account recovered twice, the same one, for the same reason.
#13 - col
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think Victor might want to kill me, I've had to have an account recovered twice, the same one, for the same reason.

He doesn't want to kill you, but you got him so stressed that he went and had a haircut !!!!! :-o
Quote from the_angry_angel :I know I do.

If they don't then I can honestly say that they're far better people than I am!

Well you are 'tEh_AnGRy_aNgeL' out for vengeance against the world and specifically the people asking the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I don't like the unlock's , i test a lot of software and very often i must reinstall Windows.

This month i have used my unlocks already on 26 januari.

Normally i can use LFS again when i use Ghost to put back my imagefile.
But a strange thing happened after i installed patch V and made a new imagefile.

The game told me to unlock again, but i had no unlock anymore so i have to wait until februari. Thats not to long so i wait, but i find it strange i've paid for S1 and S2 and can only use a couple off unlocks.

What if Mister Bill Gates says to us, he when you buy Vista you can install Vista only once a month. Wow he's in trouble i think!!

Why can't we get unlimited unlocks when we've paid for the game???
Quote from BadAsss :Why can't we get unlimited unlocks when we've paid for the game???

It's a security feature to prevent someone buying LFS once and unlocking it on a large number of machines.

To be honest, if you're testing a lot of software, perhaps you should start testing them in a virtual machine, or start ghosting / making an image of your install.
#17 - joen
Quote :
Why can't we get unlimited unlocks when we've paid for the game???

Because then you would be able to unlock software on a multitude of computers which obviously should not be possible.
I really wonder though how so many people get their PC so screwed up you have to reinstall Windows every few weeks. If you know what you're doing that should not be necessary. Or you're installing lots of crappy untrustworthy software. I'm what people would call a poweruser and I use my PC intensively for various tasks, so I test a lot of software as well. Yet the last two times I reinstalled Windows were because I got a new harddrive. That's over a period of 3 years.
And comparing a game with an operating system is just silly.
It seems to me to a lot of people just resort to reinstalling windows when they encounter a problem instead of trying to fix the problem. The easy way out so to speak.
And if you run into such big problems you really have to use all your unlocks a simple email to the devs will get you another unlock. I really don't see the problem, the unlock system is fine as it is. Besides, you are expected to know the terms and regulations of the software you bought, and you agreed on it. And that's the same reason Bill wouldn't get in trouble, because it would be in the EULA.

so....everyone stop complaining and whinging about something you agreed upon yourself.

[/rant]
the time is now 00:08 here in Sweden and i still can't unlock
is the "unlockingsystem" working from another timezone or something?

Cheers!
Yeah, UK. Which uses GMT. You've another half hour to wait.
hehe.. damnit well.. it ain't really that bad.. now i can cruise around in my sexy little XRT on a demoserver just to pass time :P have a good nigth all! *gone to LFS*
Quote from aaronbomb1 :So ive only logged into two computers and now that the "wonderful" patch V is out, i'm back in demo mode with no unlocks..... Whats up with that??? Why would you have unlocks for the game???? Its so much of an inconvience, i mean i pay for a game 2 weeks ago, patch comes out now i want to play and I cant because i have no ****en unlocks..... What a retarted thing to have in the game......

end of rant...

Ya should ask the devs kindly for extra unlocks lol
it says at the bottom of the page "All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07." do i have to wait until 02:00 then? cause i haven't gotten the unlock yet :P
#23 - Gunn
Quote from BadAsss :I don't like the unlock's , i test a lot of software and very often i must reinstall Windows.

Ever heard of a hard drive partition? If you are testing software on your personal install of Windows then you deserve all sorts of problems.
Thanks Gunn!!!!
Thanx people to inspire me to look for a solution for my problem........

Quote :
It seems to me to a lot of people just resort to reinstalling windows when they encounter a problem instead of trying to fix the problem.

My unlock problem is over, i can do what i want now.

Stupid Unlocks
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG