The online racing simulator
Master Server Moved [in January]
(115 posts, closed, started )
Ok Scawen. I got Patch V. I start LFS go to Multiplayer and try to list the Servers... Then he is saying ... waiting for serverlist and after 5 seconds he says: No answer from Master Server... What can it be .
#52 - Mc21
Quote from baSh0r :Ok Scawen. I got Patch V. I start LFS go to Multiplayer and try to list the Servers... Then he is saying ... waiting for serverlist and after 5 seconds he says: No answer from Master Server... What can it be .

I can't connect either.

nvm.
Quote from arco :Mainly because I'm not getting the same flow driving the later patches due to different speedo reading and the new sounds. I was planning on sticking to U until the next incompatible patch came out. But I think I'll just keep using U for hotlapping and install V for online use.

The speedo is now like it should be. Chances are it won't change in the next, because it is now like it should be. The current way of doing it has my 100% support.

U30 has similar sounds like in the U version. Iirc the sound engine was tweaked/edited/rewritten to work under Vista but it should still sound the same in U and U30. At least I have not noticed any difference. The different sounds came in U31 or U32.

I see no reason to use version U. U30 has the same sounds, has nice fixes and updates in it and has better usability.
dunno if this helps to come closer to the problem,
but can you ping the masterserver?

start -> run -> cmd
and type: ping master.liveforspeed.net

does this work?
Have you checked your fierwall settings? (Had this a few days earlier with Firefox)
I can connect now but could the problem others are having be ISP-related?

Some ISPs throttle certain ports.
Quote from baSh0r :Ok Scawen. I got Patch V. I start LFS go to Multiplayer and try to list the Servers... Then he is saying ... waiting for serverlist and after 5 seconds he says: No answer from Master Server... What can it be .

OK, please try again, I just had to restart the master to fix a problem that it had to wait 5 mins before restarting. Only problem is I had to restart it once to fix the bug. So for the last 5 minutes or so it was unaccessible.
Quote from Ian.H :Don't know if related in anyway, but I tried to join one of our team servers via the 'join specific server' function and it wouldn't connect to any of them.. but had no problem joining them if I displayed the list of servers and selected them from there.

It seems to work for me. Could it be you typed the name wrongly? Or a problem with the specific name you were trying to join?
Quote from Scawen :It seems to work for me. Could it be you typed the name wrongly? Or a problem with the specific name you were trying to join?

Hmm, possibly

I did notice a weird thing with that too (but wasn't going to post it in this thread as it's unrelated but as you're here........ )

My last remembered host was [dSRC] Battle Grounds #4 and I wanted to join #3.. deleted the '4' but couldn't type '3'.. it just beeped (too many chars?). Our hostnames use colour codes in the name and now you mention about name differences, are colour codes taken into consideration? To type '3' in, I had to also delete the '#' char which then enabled me to use '#3' but the colour coding had gone in my text entry for those 2 chars. I'm assuming now this was the problem.

If so, would it be possible in a future patch to ignore the ^ char for colours so that entering either with colour codes or just straight text would lookup the same server name? IIRC, colour codes _had_ to be specified when I wrote the old PHP lib to parse LFSW data, so guessing now that LFS itself works on a similar principle and may not be able to be changed easily, but AFAIK, '^1foobar' and 'foobar' as hostnames can't co-exist as effectively they're the same name so would be great of colour escape chars could be ignored when manually entering a hostname.

Regards,

Ian
First time Ive tried to get on line since last night - connected no problems.

Excellent stuff....

Allthough - I have done a full reformat cos LFS did not work before reading this thread....

However - only thing I have noticed that isnt functioning as before is the fact that PB's are not registering..

Just ran some laps in the FOX at AS Nat - I config Ive not run before and no laps Ive run have recorded - It didnt even tell me I have driven the first lap on this track.

Keep up the good work....
Quote from rc10racer :Recht hören oben, wenn du nicht was jetzt bittest um um einiges oder gerade spielst nicht lfs mehr, verbesserst auch, um V plz auszubessern tust http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=patch_v

Läßt du sogar das neue IP address ersetzen sich, weil du es tun mußt, weil dann du online erhalten kannst 213.40.196.103 Master.liveforspeed.net

1 - meinen Computer öffnen
2 - geöffneter C Antrieb
3 - geöffnetes Fensterheft
4 - geöffnetes Heft system32
5 - geöffnetes Treiberheft
6 - geöffnetes usw. Heft
7 - die Wirte Akte mit Notizblock öffnen
8 - Kopie und Paste (213.40.196.103 master.liveforspeed.net) <----- das in einem neuem Zeilen- und außer dieser Akte
9 - herauf lfs aufladen und du solltest alle Bediener an deiner Nachfrage haben

that translation is hilariuos!

sorry for not being on topic, and thanks for giving a good laugh with this google-nonsense... :dunce:
If the old master server is taken down and the new one only supports u30 and v then wont it be possible to unlock older versions anymore?

I have most of the previous releases and say I want to try out some S1 Final, I wont be able to unlock all the cars tracks?
Ian : I think colour codes are correctly ignored. But codepage changes are not ignored. If you can find a reproducable case where one seems wrong, I'd like to know about it.

Widdowmaker : Victor says pb's are being recorded correctly. But only on the new master server. It could be yesterday you connected to the old master and that is why no pb's were recorded.
Quote from rc10racer :2 - geöffneter C Antrieb

That sounds more like something about rockets than about LFS.

Quote from rc10racer :7 - die Wirte Akte mit Notizblock öffnen
8 - Kopie und Paste
9 - herauf lfs aufladen und du solltest alle Bediener an deiner Nachfrage haben

ROOOOOFL!
Quote from Widdowmaker :First time Ive tried to get on line since last night - connected no problems.

Excellent stuff....

Allthough - I have done a full reformat cos LFS did not work before reading this thread....

However - only thing I have noticed that isnt functioning as before is the fact that PB's are not registering..

Just ran some laps in the FOX at AS Nat - I config Ive not run before and no laps Ive run have recorded - It didnt even tell me I have driven the first lap on this track.

Keep up the good work....

Went back on line ---- started working - all good. Must have been fixing it as I was typing
Quote from Scawen :Ian : I think colour codes are correctly ignored. But codepage changes are not ignored. If you can find a reproducable case where one seems wrong, I'd like to know about it.

[ snip ]

I'll try some more tests later this evening on a few random hosts and see what I get. If I still find some issues, I'll try and grab as much info as possible

The more I think about it the more I think you're correct as previously (maybe patch S or R) I'm sure I've just typed in the name of a host and connected no problem as sitting trying to type the colour codes for any I want to join each time would be a bit of a chore.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Scawen :
Widdowmaker : Victor says pb's are being recorded correctly. But only on the new master server. It could be yesterday you connected to the old master and that is why no pb's were recorded.

For clarification purposes - I was on the server 5 mins before I typed the post - but no issue as they are working now. It was my first connection on the new master server, and I was the only person in the server - ran 3 laps - then resest to pits - then ran 3 more laps. fastest time of 1:57:45 -
#67 - arco
Quote from Hyperactive :The speedo is now like it should be. Chances are it won't change in the next, because it is now like it should be. The current way of doing it has my 100% support.

I guess that's been debated up and down before, so I will not pursue that further, other than I slightly disagree.
[quote=zeugnimod;326814]That sounds more like something about rockets than about LFS.

läufts denn bei dir?
ich kann machen was ich will das Game findet den Masterserver nicht.
i can ping the server.. it responds .. strange -.-'
Quote from baSh0r :i can ping the server.. it responds .. strange -.-'

bis nach Castrop reichts wohl nicht mehr!
Quote from michs3 :bis nach Castrop reichts wohl nicht mehr!

oookey...

btw,i cant connect to master server now
Quote from Scawen :I think colour codes are correctly ignored. But codepage changes are not ignored. If you can find a reproducable case where one seems wrong, I'd like to know about it.

Join one of the ConeDodgers servers, say [CD] ConeDodgersRacing1
Leave it, its name is now stored in the Join Specific Game input box.
Click on the name box, remove the "1" at the end and try to enter a "3" to join [CD] ConeDodgersRacing3
You can't type in the "3".
731 racers online and my game tell´s no masterserver. Yeeaahch
I'd say it's your ISP. Even I can connect!
Quote from michs3 :731 racers online and my game tell´s no masterserver. Yeeaahch

You're running Patch V, right?
This thread is closed

Master Server Moved [in January]
(115 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG