The online racing simulator
OUtguage/outsim engine failure
(3 posts, started )
This is just an idea, but i want to know what some programers think.

While i was at work last night i had an idea for how to incorporate engine failure into LFS using math and numbers from lfs. First lets lay down some ideas.

the faster a car goes (theoreticly) the more air passes thru its radiator, thus providing greater cooling.

Higher RPM's (supposedly) generate more heat.

using outguage you can get these numbers, and build system of adding and subtracting temperture.

via insim and the new scripting system you can turn the engine on and off, which if used properly can be used to create a sputtering effect (in cases more extreme than the current over rev damage) or utter shut down of the engine.

comments?
But what about damage, that is the main problem with cooling. Whenever a car is undamaged and all systems run normally, you can let a car run idle for quite a while (apart from F1 cars then maybe). Also when closely following another car, you can get cooling problems. This could be done with InSim, but I wonder how realistic it would be.

Also, OutGauge only works on one car, so how would you make it fair to all (not much fun in being the only one with engine damage).
it would all have to be run locally, and using insim and outsim you can get the location of other cars, thus you could recreate the problem of unclean airflow behind another car.

and indeed most cars you could idle, outguage and insim also have car type tags so that the program could know which type of car is running, and how much heat it makes

as for making it fair, a host program could use the chat function to send a seed number, where upon the client program would respon with the number the seed generates. He who does not match is kicked from the server by the host program

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG