The online racing simulator
What ever happend too....
(8 posts, started )
"Racing Legends"

Seems theres been no updates on the site in about 3 or 4 years! I take it the projects now scrapped!

Shame really had loadsa potential!
It's still being worked on. A number of people on this very forum have near daily contact with the developers.

No ETA (of course), but it's not dead yet. Just in an enforced coma.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's still being worked on. A number of people on this very forum have near daily contact with the developers.

No ETA (of course), but it's not dead yet. Just in an enforced coma.

I've given up hope that it would ever be released as I was looking forward to Racing Legends. I thought it was dead but now I see you say that its still going and it has filled me with excitement again and anticipation again. :hyper:
I got sick of seeing that the only progress was that render of a Reliance Swift coach (heck I even remember the name).

Has been like that for 4 years, so dont hold your breath.
what? you mean there are OTHER games apart from lfs?
For what the Racing legends are trying to achieve, there is no single computer with enough processing power in sight to deal with all those (magnificent features) it is trying to simulate. It is like what Drivers' Republic is trying to do with everything modelled in physics and calculated real-time. Not sure about how many people are coding it, the system to handle and adapt to all various conditions must be very advanced.

As said earlier, there are people telling that it is very alive, which is probably true. But what are the aims of RL today, is it still a consumer product or is it more of real life racing team software with real life racing costs and services...
Cheers for the info

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG