The online racing simulator

Poll : Which timetable do you prefer?

I have no preference (but like both)
Timetable 3 (or with minor changes)
Timetable 4 (or with minor changes)
I dislike both timetables (please post)
Hi all - second time round for this topic.

The results from the GPL poll indicate most people would prefer an LFS-only day, or have no preference. For this reason a GPL race has been dropped (thus so have any points awarded from GPL activities). What is still optional at this stage, however, is a practise session in GPL so we can give it a try for a couple of laps and see the progress this venue has made in the past year. Supporting the sim-racing community 'n all.

With some GPL laps at the start, however, it doesn't give enough time for a 3rd LFS race (of a nice length), so I have proposed two alternative timetables.

Please give them a look over and vote in the poll above:

(Excel to the rescue)
OK, added a "both" option. I'm hoping you can all vote, if it tells you that you have already voted I'll have to create a new thread.

Edit: Nope, sorry, making new thread now...
#3 - t1ger
I voted for timetable 3 this time. Now I know this looks like a bit of a U-turn for me, as previously I was saying no GPL at all. BUT - this way we don't look like a bunch of LFS fan boys that only want LFS and nothing else! (not that I care what other people think of me!) And 20 minutes each is probably a nice way to get warmed up and it doesn't count towards anything - its just for fun!

Also, if we do not try it, we will not know if it is worth doing next time (!) or not. We may find that it is better to have a GPL only event or a LFS only event. If we don't try it, we will never know!

The only slight query about timetable 3 for me would be: is it feasable for them to reconfigure their booths from GPL to LFS in 5 minutes?

Tim

edit: but, if the majority want LFS only, then I am cool with that.
OK, new thread made, I'll know not to do that again.
Time table 4 for me, as much as I like GPL i don't see a point of racing it just as a practise and at a LFS meet. Should be a full LFS day!

mad
Quote from LFSn00b ::doh:

Yeah, and once more to all.

I hope you accept me as the youngest who comes there, and maybe the most nerdy looking

hehe.. don't worry, you will fit right in.. me and Bob can do nerdy pretty well too
Quote from t1ger :BUT - this way we don't look like a bunch of LFS fan boys that only want LFS and nothing else! (not that I care what other people think of me!) And 20 minutes each is probably a nice way to get warmed up and it doesn't count towards anything - its just for fun!
Also, if we do not try it, we will not know if it is worth doing next time (!) or not. We may find that it is better to have a GPL only event or a LFS only event. If we don't try it, we will never know!

My thoughts exactly. But 3 LFS combos justis too tempting...

Quote from t1ger :The only slight query about timetable 3 for me would be: is it feasable for them to reconfigure their booths from GPL to LFS in 5 minutes?

What are we going to pay them for, pleasant company or good service?

Seriously though, from Adrian's original timetable he allowed 5 minutes for such a switch.
I would definatly like to try out GPL but I don't want it to reflect in the "points" part of the evening =)
I voted table 3 last time and no preference this time.
I think it would be an interesting idea to have the LFSers playing a game they're maybe not quite so familiar with (I have never played GPL) just for a laugh while we get to know each other.
Quote from Viper93 :I would definatly like to try out GPL but I don't want it to reflect in the "points" part of the evening =)

Without a race in GPL, there will be no points from the GPL session. It's practise only, so we can get a feel for what the place has accomplished since it opened but nobody feels like they have to be good at it. It would just be for fun. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I've reclarified the first post.
Have been in love with GPL since it came out and still am. At the moment I can't get it to install and so when I get it back it will be like returning to an old favoured girl friend!! LFS all day is fine also. I'm easily pleased with a wheel in my hands.
Both do look good, I thought about picking Both just to make Bobs life awkward!! But I swayed on the LFS only
#13 - bozo
Quote from Madman_CZ :Time table 4 for me, as much as I like GPL i don't see a point of racing it just as a practise and at a LFS meet. Should be a full LFS day!

mad

My thoughts also.
hay all

Sorry most proberly already mentioned but to old to look through the forums.

Date and Time please? and also, is there anywhere i can crash for the night? Circumstances have changed, and I now have the ability to make this.
I don't think i can afford to race, but just to be there would be nice. Its about 3hr drive for me, so would be nice to have somewhere to crash ( a bin, a hedge, ) anywhere but the road would be nice. Or a secure carpark, and I kip in car ( got a 7 seater, so i drop the seats ) its an option

Thanks all

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :hay all

Sorry most proberly already mentioned but to old to look through the forums.

Date and Time please? and also, is there anywhere i can crash for the night? Circumstances have changed, and I now have the ability to make this.
I don't think i can afford to race, but just to be there would be nice. Its about 3hr drive for me, so would be nice to have somewhere to crash ( a bin, a hedge, ) anywhere but the road would be nice. Or a secure carpark, and I kip in car ( got a 7 seater, so i drop the seats ) its an option

Thanks all

Fordie

Bad Boy, took 5seconds for the official bit http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=18164
This may help your sleeping problem, http://www.hotels.uk.com/accom ... h/hotels_in_Eastleigh.htm (Second one looks closest hmm)
Or im sure there is a car park at a pub or something where you can lock the doors of the car and sleep! Much cheaper option, that way you can put some of the hotel room money on the driving with us

Im sure you can afford £30odd or what ever it will be? Maybe
Quote from Fordman :Circumstances have changed, and I now have the ability to make this.

Awesome.

Quote from Fordman :I don't think i can afford to race

You can afford the petrol to drive there (not that they sell any in Norfolk anyway...) and I would assume have money left for booze but not the £30 for the 'activity'?

Of course you're welcome either way.

...Aaahhh, I've sussed it, you won't be able to race anyway because they'll use a normal view and you can only race with wheels view and a 200 degree FOV. Freak. Might as well save the money then.
I'm like the proverbial Deaf elderly relative here. You know, that grandad that everyone has who starts laughing at the joke that was told three converstations ago and then won't stop. Thats me that is. Anyway, a few questions. And an Exlamation.

'When was it again?'

'Whats going on?'

'Who are you?'

'I know you!'

Ignore that last one. And as for the others I can find out I know. Just being slow.

Ummm. what was I going to say. Oh yes, Back on topic.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the timetable. You guys seem more than in control. I will just turn up and go where I'm put. Or qualify. Which will be somehwere towards the rear . . .Should be getting a new car this week so if anyone is Oxford based or A34 corridor let me know and we can come to some arrangement . . .
Quote from Bob Smith :Awesome.

You can afford the petrol to drive there

HA HA Free petrol baby all the way

Quote from Bob Smith :..Aaahhh, I've sussed it, you won't be able to race anyway because they'll use a normal view and you can only race with wheels view and a 200 degree FOV. Freak. Might as well save the money then.

STFU Only cause I would stuff your ass, I will save you the embarasment
Quote from Funnybear :Or qualify. Which will be somehwere towards the rear . . .

Its going to be very crowded there... ... I know what's going on here! Everyone says [doddery voice]ooooh, I'm a slow driver, but...[end grandpa impersonation] then spends every available hour practising their chops beforehand ... Lets put the cat among the pigeons: secret ballot via pm to decide car and track combinations Results revealed on the day....

Or perhaps not...

Anyway - I voted for a bit of GPL, for the entirely selfish reason that I'd just like to know what it looks and feels like with decent equipment.
It seems "racer hero" voted on the poll too, no idea why, anyway I've discounted his vote.

As usual the poll is too evenly spread, we'll see where the last few votes go and if it's going to make my life any easier...
I would just go with what makes your life easier Boss Bob.
Doesn't make any difference either way to me, I just wish the final few people would vote and we can get this out of the way.
Southampton airport is the closest by a long way but it's national only (if memory serves) so you couldn't fly there from Finland. From what you've said in the past I don't think that's your intention anyway.

As for local travel costs, I won't guess a taxi price but the train from Southampton Parkway (the airport stop) only costs £3.00 (return) and it is only a 12 minute journey. The train runs once per hour.
This seems to have stalled, although most people voted. Again we essentially have a tied vote, I think I might change my mind and shoot for a bit of GPL. I suspect the GPL keen people will see it more of a wasted opportunity than others will see it as a waste of time.

This also keeps Adrian happy as he can show off their progress.

If mixing sims doesn't work at least we'll know for next time.

LFS UK Gathering Poll 5 - Timetable (again)
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG