My Other Car...

On the back of the t-shirt:

Has advanced suspension
and tyre modelling
www.liveforspeed.net
<little pic of a cool LFS GTR car here>
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
lol, yeah - two options for that one now Scotty...
lol i like yours tristan

heres one along the lines of a shirt.. tristans' made me think of it;

I survived a formula crash over 250 km/h, and still alive to tell the story
Quote from Fonnybone :
Live for Speed: When life is secondary.

or maybe

Live for Speed: Where life is secondary.

Quote from Slartibartfast :or maybe

Live for Speed: Where wife is secondary

Actually, i thought it was understood in the word 'life' hehe

I thought mine was pretty good, but didn't make Tweaker's list
so i'm spamming all these quotes with big red text in revenge.
Hahahahaa bow under my , eh, ahhhh nvm, it wore off now. :drevil:
Just to stick in my 2 cents...

STFU and drive :: Live for Speed
Quote from snewham :I have already put the wheels in motion on the "Live For Speed : Not Need For Speed idea which should be one of the ones which will be in production

Really? I think i deserve a freebie tshirt if you use this. j/k :P

Here's a couple more i thought of..

Live for speed : Kicking the competitors backsides one lap at a time.

Live for speed : Because life's too short to be going slow.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :
Live for speed : Because life's too short to be going slow.

i like that one
Quote from snewham :
I have already put the wheels in motion on the "Live For Speed : Not Need For Speed idea ..

Bad bad bad bad bad, Promoting the product by way of putting down another one, very negative way of marketing, I know this is only meant to be a bit of fun, but this sort of "My sim's better than your Sim" stuff really sucks big time, in a sort of schoolboy manner. Please rethink! This approach is best avoided. Promote LFS by pushing the positive aspects!
I agree Al :up:

I said it before, using anything with reference to, or association with Need for Speed is just not a good idea. You are better off catching them with a phrase like what we have all been coming up with Snewham, because the last thing you want to do is remind someone of a different game.

An example of this was when the Super Bowl aired a few years ago, there were a few commercials from Schick, a maker of razor blades for shaving. They were showing off their new '4 Blade Quattro' razor and with all the big wow and glamour of some of their commercials, there was one problem. After, when some surveys were put out, people had mistaken the commercials for the competitor's product... Gillette's Mach 3 razor.... even though it has 3 blades. Sales jumped for Gillette. :doh:

EDIT: Here is a quote about it:
Quote :It was the commercial for Schick’s new 4-bladed "Quattro" razor. 40% of those who remembered seeing it remembered it as a commercial for Gillette. Only 39% remembered it as a commercial for Schick. That was handy for Gillette, because they also ran a commercial on this year’s Super Bowl, but it looked and sounded like commercials they were running over a decade ago, and most viewers ignored it. In one sense, the Schick commercial did more for Gillette than their own Gillette commercial. The percent that noticed the Schick commercial and thought it was for Gillette was almost three times greater than the percent that noticed the Gillette commercial and knew it was for Gillette (23% vs. 8%). It shows quite dramatically, capturing attention is only the first step. (To be fair, shouldn’t Gillette be sending a check to Schick?)

It wasn't really a marketing blunder on Schick's part, but it was all because of what the viewers saw and what had instantly poped into their head when they saw some new product, such as this razor.

Secondly, that quote (above in Al's post) sounds more like some kind of detergent company trying to dominate with its superior 'color guard', but rather not mention the features of both products, instead just try to 'take the name'... So would you want Super Bleach from Company A? Or Super Duper Bleach from Company B? Think about it, name isn't everything, and with EA having the 'NFS' title, I highly doubt their marketing field will be shutout by these LFS t-shirts .

Try and do something that doesn't associate with another brand/game, while instead... do something that subliminally makes a statement saying the game is an excellent simulation, without any mention of the competitors. Make something catchy, something that gets the attention. Even more so, if someone reads 'Live For Speed'... you ought to be pretty dumb to think that says 'Need For Speed' --- so the person seeing this game's name will ask himself "What is that?", and out of curiousity, possibly remember the URL. This is all an assumed sequence of events... but quite a few people here would rather not see some NFS-type shirt, so a different direction is best in my opinion.

Then again, I'd also like to have a few 'fun' t-shirts with some of these funny quotes people have thought of... and not just have t-shirts that are 'boastful' saying the simulation is better.
Live for Speed: Just Live IT
Live for Speed: The Ultimate Racing Experience
Live for Speed: Live the Passion
Live for Speed: Better than Sex
Live for Speed: Almost as good as Sex
One I have from seen on a car:

LfS - Shut up, get in, sit down, hang on!

Other suggestions:

LfS - To satisfy the Need.

LfS - Wheels are 360°? Well, mine's flat at 180...

LfS - If it was more realistic. you'd have to pay for petrol! (Sorry for slight plagiarism, tweaker )

LfS - The capital S is well deserved.

LfS - Who said you can't do a wheelie in a UF1000?

LfS - Sexy cars point upwards...

LfS - When I am grown up, I'm gonna build me my own FZ50.

LfS - Remember: Your roadcar has no "shift+r"!

LfS - Speed kills... ...but so does age.

LfS - Spinners are for fags!

LfS - Need base? Go somewhere else.

LfS - Woofers make you slow.

LfS - Challanging

LfS - Pure Acceleration

LfS - Wer später bremst ist länger schnell!

LfS - Rubber with holes has no use.

LfS - The doctors needed 4 weeks to get the grin of his face.

LfS - Scawen/Eric/Victor autographed my left buttcheek!

LfS - I love to screw... ...around with my car settings.

LfS - Who needs the Nordschleife when you got Fern Bay Black?

LfS - Who needs Monte Carlo when you got South City?

LfS - What does this button do?

LfS - AI impersonator since '05

LfS - I got rear-ended :'(

LfS - Rumors say, GTR-Drivers use it for training...

LfS - Who needs a publisher?

Sp, that's all, for now
LFS : Simpler Better Faster

Slogan of bank in South Africa , think it fits nicely , not sure about copyright stuff
Live For Speed

"We didn't invent car racings simulations, we just perfected them!"
Quote from noemfie :LFS : Simpler Better Faster

Slogan of bank in South Africa , think it fits nicely , not sure about copyright stuff

"Simply better faster" would work better.
#90 - jmkz
and it's no longer "copyrighted"
Are companies allowed to copyright a phrase or slogan?
of course

but depromoting other games\companies is a retarded idea anyway guys... that just sounds like the game is full of whiners
Another one, loosely based on Einsteins theory of relativity:

LsF - The faster you go, the slower you age!
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Tristancliffe is a spambot!

Firstly: :yikes:

Secondly: Not a bad slogan in my eyes, although sales would be a bit poor.
I think the best one is jmkz's sig:

"A squealing tire is a happy tire"
lol thanks for all of your great suggestions so far people. The shop will be openning at 4:00 pm GMT (UK) Time on Friday and if your suggestion has not been added straight away then don't despair as we will be adding a lot over the next few weeks.
#98 - jmkz
Quote from Tweaker : Also use the logo that has "Online Racing Simulator" below... so they get a better idea... while also reading the tagline.

I don't know why I am motivated to disagree so strongly with this slogan. But I am. I get a picture of a menu with little icons of Alonso and Raikonnen and you drag and drop them on a grid and click "Race!" and twenty minutes later you get a list of the finishing order.

LFS is online racing. Nothing about the racing is simulated. It's real. The cars and tracks are simulated. The physics. But the racing is racing. I actually race alot in real life. Skateboarding every weekend in the summer, and snowboarding in the winter. Karts when ever possible. I know the mindset, the preparation, the race face.... LFS online is racing. Period. Not simulation.

That being said, I can't believe it took so long to come up with "My other car is a ... " That is so brilliantly obvious. Every car junky that sees that on a bumper sticker is going straight to the website. Just park in the general parking lot at the historics at Laguna and watch the race fans become LFS converts.
Quote from Slartibartfast :I don't know why I am motivated to disagree so strongly with this slogan. But I am. I get a picture of a menu with little icons of Alonso and Raikonnen and you drag and drop them on a grid and click "Race!" and twenty minutes later you get a list of the finishing order.

Well then you don't understand what 'simulator' or 'simulation' means

Quote from Slartibartfast :Nothing about the racing is simulated. It's real.

LFS online is racing. Period. Not simulation.

And you contradicted yourself about the word simulation in that post, so I don't see what the problem is It is correct to call it that in every way, unless if you read it wrong, it's not Online-Racing Simulator, it would be Online Racing-Simulator. At least, that is how it should be interpreted. And calling it a simulator is correct in every aspect for what it represents -- except it doesn't cost thousands of dollars to operate and you don't need a big science lab/testing facility to try it So that is the advantage of having a 'personal' simulation -- which is a trend slowly catching on in the gaming industry.

LFS Slogan Suggestions
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG