The online racing simulator
André, the fair player
(48 posts, closed, started )
somewhat OT

Just a small note to avoid some confusion around the option to hide online stats; when it is selected, your online racer stats won't show anymore except for yourself. But there is (was) one small issue with the online charts which is that they weren't affected by this option, until now. People who decide to hide their online stats, also decide to not participate in the online charts anymore. Afterall online charts are made up of online stats.
This was a bug from my side. I think all the online stats are hidden now when the option is selected.

Why did I add that option? Because people have a right to privacy and since stats-recording cannot be turned off, there must be an option to hide online stats from the public, if people don't want to feel watched.

I hope that clears up some thingies about why some people's stats couldn't be found on LFS world. I've also made the 'not found' message clearer.
Quote :
Whooooooah! Over 25000 kilometers per month. My ass wouldn't survive it! This gives me a new meaning for the word "LFS addicted".

Hm. They should consider becoming professional truck/lorry drivers. They'd have to drive only half that distance a month and they'd even get paid for it!
#28 - jmkz
FM-Failure should be put in a seperate category

like "Oval-nutter", that's all he does
#29 - th84
lol, yea he would dominate that category!!!!!
Rolf
Hehe! I decided to visit Andre's *fair play* (LOL to that).
I was waiting for Andre and Wusel to finish their 8-lap (one pit) race.
Now, I was spectating Andre just as the entered the pit in turn 3 (from the track, not from pit lane. Fair Play. ROLF) and I asked him that if the server name has *Fair Play* in it then why does he pit without using pit lane properly.
He responds to that by asking me something like "How do you have a problem like that on a track that was designed by the devs?" and then banned.
So I didn't even get to race one race. ROLFing LOLling.
#31 - Nobo
I've just been in Adres Server to make some races.
I had some perfect drafting with Quietscheente on this server and we managed to get place 1 and 2 ...but then close to the finish line ....Quietscheente disappears in front of me....and i got the win...so i was complaining a bit why he always bans the winner!? ....but a minute later....i saw this sentence in the messages: " Any problem with fair and fun racing!?" and i got kicked in the next second...Wow ...so its that you would call "Andrés Fair Play"??????
No it isnt....it is "André's Unfair Play" ...
Its sad that his friend Wusel plays this bad game with him...He is almost 40 years old and should know that these kiddy things lead only to aggressions against them....
Just leave him be. A few fools will be tempted by his Far Play slogan, but we know to ignore it now. Problem solved.
Isn't André some guy most of us knew in the Demo or S1 days?

But damn, he seems like he has gone haywire with his racing beliefs... I know he is all for clean and fair racing... but what I am hearing is terrible news.

This guy: http://www.lfsforum.net/member.php?u=50
Is this the 12 yr old that posted all those MS paint skins on lfs files, like a childs scribbling, red crayon with a yellow stripe down the centre? Is this the same Andre?
LOL!
Quote from tuusita :(from the track, not from pit lane. Fair Play. ROLF)

Who's Rolf?

Quote from Tweaker :Isn't André some guy most of us knew in the Demo or S1 days?

He is.

I never had a problem with him (i was only a few times on his server but won most of the races). He was friendly and there was no banning or kicking goin on. Hmm strange that he is acting like that now.
#37 - JTbo
I can't comment to many things said in this thread, because I have not seen anything that is described, but André did found The Original LFS League back in old demo days and he has very hot temperament sometimes, but he is very nice gu.. eh... ape and I don't really understand what is with this at all.
Quote from colcob :The sad thing about this is that nobody cares about LFSWorld overall stats apart from the desperate souls who compete for them. Nobody looks at them, nobody knows the the names of the people who get them.
Now if someone was 'cheating' to get first place in the Main Hotlap Rank, or the most world records, or win a league, then it would be another matter.

Its a bit tragic that he feels the need to do this (see also his flaming rant at the devs when some of his races didnt register on LFSWorld), but like with the crazy guy singing to himself in trowbridge park, just walk on by.

A pretty good point - I have no idea how far I drive, how often I win or even where to find the info...
Dont know whats this discussion is about and if I remember well its not allowed to use names inherent to the rules.

Never mind however.

Nobody tells me how I run my Host !

My Server is for fun and for fair driving. Unfortunaletly there are a lot of guys who doesnt understand my concept. Do a search in this and the previous forum and find where I stand for.
It basicly doesn't interest me at all to win a race. I wanna have fun and when possible I help noobs to get a little faster. There are however some guys that shows the wrong attitude and those are banned afap, just like the FM members: They dont have any perception of fun

Join my Host when you like fair and fast races.

However do not join when you think you can mess up with me:

I don't accept bad language, unsportsman like behaviour, not saying hello (I always say 3 times "welcome") and other shitty behaviour ....

Search the threads for more info. All have to say atm.
how can you help noobs get better if you are one? lol, whatever, FM we are on your side!

(EAGLE) Race Team - eagleraceteam.com

Laters
Quote from rAcEr2418 :how can you help noobs get better if you are one?

I don't think that someone who plays LFS for over 3 years since the 0.04 demo test versions can be called a noob. André has always been a well respected member of the community, so I can't imagine what all this fuss is about. You don't have to play on his server if you don't accept his rules, there are hundrets of other servers available.
Offtopic:

Flo - do you want you LFS.de t-shift back? If so PM your address so I can post it. Don't know how much it will cost, but it won't be much I don't think, so don't worry about the cost (unless it's like €30!).
I can trust Andre's words about fair and clean driving, but I'll have to see what it is like myself to get a good idea about what some people are saying here.

*** My god PM him if you may tristan, oh wait you like to post instead
Quote from JTbo :I can't comment to many things said in this thread, because I have not seen anything that is described, but André did found The Original LFS League back in old demo days and he has very hot temperament sometimes, but he is very nice gu.. eh... ape and I don't really understand what is with this at all.

That's the problem these days The FUN is gone quite often. You're right I'm a silly ape and have a temper but only when I'm confrontated with people that doesn't understand the concept of fun. Proberly it started somewhere after S2, not sure, and basicly it doesn't interest me at all.

I've said it a long time ago: fast drivers don't seem to have a perception of fun, proberly there's something wrong with them. Could be in the mind ...
Lucky me, I'm not a fast driver I'm a solid driver and that's why I win most races

About stats: people that are complaning about stats are really sick. Having fun with some friends isn't allowed these days , it's all counted in stats, pity.

I really hope the stats, as mentioned by some, are removed as asap. It doesn't make any sense, not needed also, it's only confusing.

In the mean time, I had real fun with LFS for a very long time, let's hope the fun ! will be recovered and don't miss me when I'm gone.

FM - failure and others fm members are missing some fun. Keep on driving m8, it doesnt say anything, you only proove that you're sick Anyone who doesn't have a social life can be the Real Champ of The Charts, when it's about most laps and most distance

Beat me for most Race Wins, Mostly I did with 8 laps and 1 pitstop

Yep, I'm here for a long time and still a noob, but this noob is known as a silly friendly ape.

Sry Jani not all for you, but Im a little irritating about the brainless.

Friendly regards,

André
Quote from AndroidXP :Actually, just divide "laps" by "races finished" and you've got your average laps per race. If that is any lower than 5, hellooooo loser. But ofcourse it also depends on what you race - I'm not sure if drags are included in that statistic or not. Also more than 3 laps are extremely uncommon on the stunt servers for example.

Not that this figure directly says anything about the quality of the driver, though, but maybe it's a hint...

That'd only work if LFSworld only counted the laps done in races, and not those done in all the qualifying, practice and unfinished races too.

Andre's always seemed very fair to me, I only stay away from his server because of his silly obsession with that damn oval So don't believe everything you've read here.
i cant see what all of the fuss is about! everyone is prone to a little bit of a temper sometimes (some more than others ), considering the amount of idiots on LFS in the recent few months.

and FM, it obviously matters to you about your stats, but why? i dont think anyone else looks!

*thread locked again*
Quote from Tweaker :*** My god PM him if you may tristan, oh wait you like to post instead

I HAVE PM'd him! On Monday. And he' hasn't replied (how long til I legally get to keep his tshirt?)
mmkay, complaint's been filed, 'the accused' replied ... there's not really more to say here I think so let's leave it be now to prevent further gossip, which is always the danger with these types of threads.
This thread is closed

André, the fair player
(48 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG