The online racing simulator
After installing CD Version no Player
Hi everyone,

i have a big problem. In the past i had installed the download version of LFS and unlocked S2 License. All was fine. Today i installed the CD Version(because on the DVD Box they write there are better Sky Textures), again unlocked the S2 Version and now my old Player File can not be loaded, although it is listed in the options menu.

Please please help me! What can i do?

Have you still got the downloaded version installed?

Forget about the "CD Version" and mainually install the high-resolution textures instead. Grab the .raw files and put them in the ~/lfs/data/pic/ directory (overwrite when asked). Here's the dist: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=15726

What "CD Version" is it anyway? :P
I had the download Version installed, then installed the CD Version in a different directory. At last i copied the files of the Cd Version directory over the download directory

I think that it will work again with my old Player File if i install the download version again. But then i have to unlock S2 the third time...

Have heard rumors that after that you can only unlock again if you buy again!?

The CD version is ordered from 4players.de.
Quote from dcToro :I had the download Version installed, then installed the CD Version in a different directory. At last i copied the files of the Cd Version directory over the download directory

I think that it will work again with my old Player File if i install the download version again. But then i have to unlock S2 the third time...

Have heard rumors that after that you can only unlock again if you buy again!?

The CD version is ordered from 4players.de.

You get one unlock per month, so you can unlock in February.
Since I don't really know whats going on with your lfs installations I'll take a step back. Though I can tell you this, IF you choose to start from scratch (which might actually be a good idea) and unlock lfs a 3rd time, you will not be able to unlock again until february if something goes wrong.

Quote from www.liveforspeed.net :3. Unlock Rules and Regulations
3.3 We recognise that people may buy a new computer or reinstall their operating system from time to time. For this reason, we will automatically give you an extra spare unlock every first day of the month, up to a maximum of 2 spare unlocks available. The number of unlocks you have left can be found on your status page.

Ok thank you for your help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG