The online racing simulator
LAN woes
(28 posts, started )
Quote from MAGGOT :Hmm... I really only need the internet on the desktop for the purposes of unlocking LFS and rFactor. Eventually, once I get the dang thing designed, we will be building a cockpit. The cockpit will be in the basement, along with the computer, so it will be directly connected to the router. In the meantime, I just wanna unlock them :P

I was looking at a few sites and I'm sure they said that the internet connection should be on both computers.

[EDIT] I tried bridging the connection, but the wireless connection would not connect. After removing the bridge, it connected again.

Well your best bet is probably carry your desktop to your router and plug it in for a while otherwise a cheap PCI wireless adapter can probably be picked up for about £15 from your local computer shop, it may well come in useful in the future as well.
I guess I might as well just move the PC to the basement and leave it down there, then. We'll see what I do..

Thanks for all the help guys
You could use a Ethernet-Powerline adaptor, why run wires through your house when you can use existing ones?

LAN woes
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG