The online racing simulator
x850xt 256mb not enough @1280x768?
(29 posts, started )
Quote from Tomtheman70 :We're supposed to roll back to 5.11?

It worked for me and my X800XL AGP. I have no idea whether it will work for others, but it's worth a try for people with framerate issues.
I have P4 3.4GHz(HT) 1GB and Radeon X800 GTO game resolution @ 1280x1024 with pretty high details, 2xAA and no problems with LFS and other games with framerates using pretty old Catalysts
turn it to max perfomance you dont lose any of the look and your fps will go up
i got a 3.4 ht (looks like 2 cores) with 2gb's of ram and a 9800xt (256) and i get about 60 b/c the screen refresh rate is set to 60 Herts. but it never goes down. o and a 10,000 rpm drive for games
i did some tests with an old nvidia card 2 years back and tried lads of different drivers to see what effect it would have on my 3d benchmarks

and as a general rule of thumb, the older the driver, the higher my score, until i hit a point that gave no extra gains, i saved this as a zip file for future use, not sure of the ATI stuff is the same?

it was explained to me, that the older drivers are more "streamlined" and not bogged down with newer features that would never benefit my lower spec card

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG