The online racing simulator
post race discussion, round 1, Aston Historic
Discuss the race here.
Quote from Vain :Managed to loose Hyperactive in fewer than 10 laps and pulled away at around a second a lap.

Damn grass. Tried to take just 1cm too wide line into last corner and off I went, was something like 1080 degree spin though. And I managed to beat Vain in the quali which is always a good thing . The quali was a bit nerve wrecking, small mistakes all the time and letting faster cars pass. Then I noticed that I had only one more chance left to get a good time and basically I just concentrated as much as a human can and the time wasn't too bad either, just 0.16 from wr .

Had some great battles in the race with Vain and later with Michael. And had 20% too much fuel in the end

Too bad for Vain for the disco, would have been nice to see how long his pitstop would had been

Good race
#3 - Vain
Can someone upload the replay somewhere? I'd like to do some diagnostics to see what the problem is.

Vain
Well, this how it went down:

We started off with 11, but 2 dropouts and 1 internet connection loss made it 8. RevengeR just took over and nearly flawlessly chugged on through all 40 laps. There were some great battle in GT2 at the begining, and GT3 had some battles that I was hard pressed to stop watching!

For the first race, I was very impressed! It was a bit silly on the first lap, the pace car lap, but I saw that turn one was executed by EVERYONE flawlessly. Good job!! Of course, there were bumps, scrapes, flying cars......but everyone that raced, even if they dropped out, did so within the rules. That really impressed me. You gentleman did a fine job, and was overall to me, a great race.

GT1:
RevengeR - 10 points
Cawwa - 8 points
Bo Kristiensen - 6 points
Scipy - 1 point

GT2:
Cropsy - 10 points
Locovich - 8 points
javiF - 1 point

GT3:
Hyperactive - 10 points
Michael Denham - 8 points
zorer - 6 points
Vain - 2 points

Results will be posted later on the website. Two people disconnected voluntarily, but showed up and raced some laps so they receive 1 point. One person got disconnected involuntarily, so they get 2 points.
Quote from Vain :Can someone upload the replay somewhere? I'd like to do some diagnostics to see what the problem is.

Vain

I uploaded ot to my website, for the moment the site is having a quite a time recognizing it.
it wasnt bad after so little practice. at the end i ran out of fuel, didnt calculate in the flyin lap. i lost a lot there with warming the tires up, so i had to do an extra stop in the last lap.
Quote from Hyperactive :Had some great battles in the race with Vain and later with Michael. And had 20% too much fuel in the end

Yeah, you pit stop was longer than mine, I managed to jump you there...I think I added 70% when I stopped.

I think it went pretty smoothly for the most part apart from the unfortunate disconnects. My connection was always really smooth, no lag. Very nice.

I can see this being a lot of fun with more cars in each class. One thing I just thought about was the possibility of running two classes instead of three, that would potentially increase numbers per class. Just a thought for the future, depending on how things turn out....
#8 - Cawwa
To bad I send my team mate flying over the s/f strait, I just couldn't avoid him. Poor Scipy!
Anyway, the race was pretty smoth to me. I chased Bo for a while, when he did a mistake in "Eu rouge" I could pass him. I had no chance to reach RevengeR though, he was way to fast eventhough he did an extra pitstop.

That sugestion to have only two classes I think would be a good idea, funnier with more cars per class.
Me and Javi were battling in the XFR's for awhile, I got a little impatient with his blocking, and after he made a risky pass entering the Eau Rouge, I decided to get away from him as quickly as I could, before he takes us both out. After that it got a little lonely, Locovich crashed while me and Javi were fighting, and Javi crashed while chasing me, and pulled out of the race. Hopefully there will be a better turnout for Westhill.
Quote from Cawwa :That sugestion to have only two classes I think would be a good idea, funnier with more cars per class.

Basically it would mean that we either lose the big GTRs or the LRF cars, because those two don't imho go too well together. Though I think it went quite well in the first race, no big crashes (?) but still the GTRs get close very quickly when you're in the LX6 .

It wouldn't make sense to ditch the LRFs because there is already a league that runs big and small GTRs in similar races. One other issue for me, as a driver in the slowest car, is that when you see a yellow triangle getting closer I don't know if it is a FZR or an XFR. Those two cars have some speed difference . With two classes it would be a lot easier to let people pass when you know how fast they are going. However, letting people pass without losing too much time is a skill I'm not very good at and letting people pass once in a while makes the race more interesting because there is something happening all the time.

Lemans kinda stands for multi class racing so having more than two classes is the very core of the idea of this league. And in practise, the idea of 3 classes works. If the drivers are equally fast (or close enough, or lucky :tilt you can have great battles, even with just few drivers.
Basicly I agree with you about the classes. The issue is the limitation that LFS sets up to max 23 slots in the server. Ok, we might increase the field to 7 cars in each class but that's not changing much. If there's 10 or 11 drivers in two classes it indeed would be more drivers who fights about positoins.

Yes we have that MoE LFS-GT race, but they are for teams! This is the only endurance event I know of for single drivers.
#12 - Vain
There may be 23 connections but only 20 cars, as far as I know.

But generally I'd say stick with three classes. Up to now it has worked out very well. We took care of each other and nothing bad happened, even though we did have our moments once in a while... I remember that one GT1 that squeezed through me and Hyper while we were fighting in the second sector somewhere around lap 6 or 7. Don't know which car exactly it was, I just refer to it as a rolling heart-attack.

I drove in the LFS GT myself, and I like this more.

Vain
Quote from Cawwa :Basicly I agree with you about the classes. The issue is the limitation that LFS sets up to max 23 slots in the server. Ok, we might increase the field to 7 cars in each class but that's not changing much. If there's 10 or 11 drivers in two classes it indeed would be more drivers who fights about positoins.

Yes we have that MoE LFS-GT race, but they are for teams! This is the only endurance event I know of for single drivers.

Yeah, 40 people racing at the same time would be better . The LFS GT league is a team league indeed, but as I see it, you can just form a team with 2 other persons, just for the event.

As much as I'd like to see more racers per class, it would probably mean that the LRFs go. I'm not sure but there isn't any other leagues running LRF cars except the LXCC that runs the LX6, so keeping the LRFs makes sense imho. I am a bit biased though . Still I have to say that without the LRFs I would not have interest to drive in this league

I'd like to see how things go in the next race, if we get more people in. 6 people were missing in total in the first race so there is potential. Having 10 people per two classes does no necessarily make the races more tight. What makes is to have a pack of drivers who are somewhat equally fast
For right now, as far as season 1 goes, I am sticking to the 3 classes of cars. Why? Well, for one, I want to embrace the spirit of LeMans...you have the big boys out there, GT1, who are the natural leaders and therefore under the most pressure to perform and negotiate themselves throughout the race; not only do they battle it out with their respective class, but also have the skills to pass the slower cars, yet keep the pace.

You have GT2, which are the middle of the pack runners, keeping the GT1's in check but also finding their way through the GT3's and insome cases, having to battle it out for position on a long straightaway. GT2's are the meat of league, so to say.

GT3's are what I call the spirit of this league; watching the race yesterday, the most interesting battles were in GT3; even though it was my job to keep tabbing through the car list to make sure everyone was OK, I continually stopped to watch Vain, Hyperactive And Michael battle it out.

Hey, I am an open person. While I might not always agree with suggestions, you can bet that I will not ignore them, but consider and weigh them in my mind. Yes, I am the leader of this league, but as any good manager will tell you, if you dont listen to the people whom you are responsible for, then the ideals you strive for crumble away.

A thought just popped into my head, thinking ahead to season 2, and keep this in mind, it is only a thought, I have no intention at this moment of fulfilling it, but what about the FOX, XFR, UFR, and the GTR's? Or another idea is to have 8 slots for GTR, 7 for FWD GT's and 5 for LRF's.
@ Vain ... it was me! When I was there I thought " ... Jesus what a stupid move from me, how the h-ll did I get here" Probably I thought I easy could pass Hyper as well but it was a bad place. I should have waited and I'm sorry.

@ JayHawk. Very well ... we might have another thread discussing this. I do respect that descision to keep the three classes since I basicly agree. I just wish there where more cars in each class. Take this season as a try out and let us see how it falls out. This concept is so cool!!
Some screenshots:
Attached images
LFSLML01.jpg
LFSLML02.jpg
LFSLML03.jpg
LFSLML04.jpg
LFSLML05.jpg
LFSLML06.jpg
LFSLML07.jpg
LFSLML08.jpg
LFSLML09.jpg
And of course:

I agree we should stick with the three classes for now. Nice to have some discussion of options for the future though, for sure. Can't wait to see how things pan out.

One thing I would suggest, get rid of the extra point for overall winner. Obviously it's going to be a GT1 (barring some freak problems that knock them all out!), so you're pretty much just making the points 11, 8... etc for GT1 instead of 10, 8... etc as is the case for the other classes. What does everyone else think about this?

Nice screenshots, by the way...
#19 - Vain
Those screens are really nice.

There extra point for the overall winner is really senseless. It'll be the GTR1 winner either way.

Vain
Quote from Michael Denham :
One thing I would suggest, get rid of the extra point for overall winner...

Nice screenshots, by the way...

Quote from Vain :Those screens are really nice.

Vain

Done. And stop kissing my butt! (Thank you for the compliments. )
What can i say.... i had a great set and the car was easy to drive, but the "pace lap" cooled my tires too much. I lost control in a strange way in the "Eau Rouge" and really destroyed the car. At the pit stop i filled the tank at 100% in order not to pit again, but it was too hard to drive and Cropsy didn´t make a single mistake, so it was impossible the 1st place. I´m happy to cross the finish line... Better luck the next one...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG