The online racing simulator
STCC Round 5 Broadcast RELEASED!
(47 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
The new Sim Touring Car Cup broadcast has been officially released, and is NOW AVAILABLE!

A selection of download mediums are available for you, including Youtube, a low-quality WMV and a medium-quality WMV. Linkage as follows:-In addition to the broadcast video download/stream, you can also download or stream a RadioCast of the Heat2 race, featuring commentary by Becky Rose and Lawrence Simpson. This is a new feature, which we hope you'll enjoy. We think it's well worth a listen because it sets the scene nicely for the feature race video
Cool... Im going to watch it!
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
was about time ... looking forward to watching it
Great job! It amazes me how professional and clean the footage is, you can definately tell that there has been a lot of work put into it. Some great racing too, right down to the last turn!
god damn you becky and sam its friggin 9am now and im still awake cause i just had to watch this right away

i will post my usual set of criticisms later today but before i go to bed i just had to quickly write down an observation which i think fully explains why the broadcasts suffers all that badly from aliasing

ive just noticed that (near) horizontal lines suffer a lot more form aliasing than vertical ones
eg take a look at the as club broadcast at 9:29 (opening shot with the field going into t1 for the first time)
if you look at the white line that runs down from the top left of the screen and then bends to the right forming the outside of t1 you can clearly see how it gradually becomes jagged the more horizontal it gets (actually this is true for all horizontal lines in the scene compared to any vertical one ... eg the bridge in the foreground)

i believe this is entirely to blame on converting from the games 1:1 pixel aspect ratio to pal resolution which uses non square pixels
Which makes me wonder, how will our DVD's come out on a NTSC display, I guess this problem only applys to me, with me being the only one in the league that has to deal with the NTSC standard.

Us drivers have seen the video for a good week, and I like the way that Becky has done some things, but the start I feel is a bit too rushed, its like UKCT changes and then GREEN!!!.
New look for the site. Though I still feel that the site could look a bit better. The artistic idea of crayon design (sorry, no pun intended ) is quite nice but doesn't really fit well with the sim racing theme

Again great video
#8 - Davo
Great broadcast again, superb race with pleny of action. The addition of the new captions is sweet. Commentary was interesting from both. Just the aliasing problems again, shotglass has brought up the PAL conversion again which I also think is the problem.
#9 - Vain
I liked the addition of the qualification-radiocast. Though you need to first see the feature race broadcast to understand the names of the turns. How about including a picture of the track with the names on it beside the radio-cast? That'd surely help.

Vain
good stuff becky

There's a mistake tho.. Says AS Club on the video but it's AS Cadet they're driving
Yeah it's not error free but it's getting there =) Best coverage yet! There is also a radio cast for the quali races. Lawrence Simpson did a great job commentating with Becky and I hope he wants to do it again =)
Thomas Arends, you mean?
#13 - SamH
Quote from Priitmek :Thomas Arends, you mean?

Tommi did an excellent job of co-commentating on the race video. Laws did the co-commentary on the radio racecast... and did it brilliantly, I have to say.

In fact, I swear I've heard him commentating on real races, on MotorsTV before. I'm honestly 100% convinced I recognised his voice! Got to ask him!!
i have a solution to this problem...

get a 42" Plasme HDTV and link up the laptop..

i watched round1 and from about 3 meteres away it looks perfectly fine lol

gunna get round 5 copied onto laptop and watch it... again :P
Great coverage as always, though I have to agree that it was quite pixely at times. A few camera angles also seemed to be pretty laggy with stutters every 0.3 seconds or so, while others were perfectly smooth.

Anyhow, very nice work
Just listened the radio racecast. It was great, intense and excellent at the same time. Very nice job
Hehe, thanks for the positive comments guys! It was really fun to commentate in such a great series.
#18 - Vain
You did a great job commentating the qualy-broadcast. You seemed to be a bit surprised with the amount of action going on. You went a bit "Oh my god! Too much input!" while Becky stoically reported everything that happened on the screen. I sometimes wonder how Becky manages to say so much in so few time without breathing. Well, that's the pro-side of having a female commentator!
I think you two were a superb combination. I don't think there is anything I would criticise on. I like the styles of commentating of both of you and would like to hear that combination more in the future.

Vain
Nice to see a FXO, RB4 and XRT in the top three. Also better to see an American there, too!
USofA FTW =) BTW thats me =)
Technically, I am the only driver residing in North America in the STCC <.<. Chris is a traitor who moved to the UK.

Well, people on TS yelled at me, and apparently there are 2 other N.A.'s
Excellent replay! The battle for first during the first half of the race and the battle for third during the second half were both great. Very entertaining. I really like the new overlays and the announcer/crowd noise in the background. The broadcasts get more and more professional each time. My only criticisms would be the aliasing of the video and a bit of "bathroom sound" on the commentary. Otherwise, very well done and fun to watch. Keep up the good work, everyone!
Round 5 rulz!
#24 - SamH
Quote from LFSn00b :BTW SamH why did you ban me in ukct.net TS? :P I didnt do anything!
And even got my mic working!

It's because UKCT isn't just an LFS environment, it's a much larger group of computing/network security people, and the people who enter the UKCT TS do so by invitation only. Sorry
Quote from LFSn00b :BTW SamH why did you ban me in ukct.net TS? :P I didnt do anything!
And even got my mic working!

IDK, all i know is that, ME = FTW, YOU = FTL :P

Great Broadcast BTW!, hope my SH Comes out that way

(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG