The online racing simulator
Cant move skins file from LFSViewer to LFS folder
Hi, I got this problem where I cant move(copy&paste) the skins from LFS Viewer to LFS Folder to use the skins that Ive finish skinning with. What could be the reason I cant copy&paste the skins? I started to had this problem few days ago. Previously, everything is working fine.
Make sure the folder is not set to "read only." Also make sure the skin files are not set to "read only." Make sure the Viewer and LFS are closed.

Aside from that, I don't know what the problem could be. I have some random issues with XP, where it won't let me copy a file or save over one for no apparent reason. A restart usually solves it
Quote from MAGGOT :Make sure the folder is not set to "read only." Also make sure the skin files are not set to "read only." Make sure the Viewer and LFS are closed.

Aside from that, I don't know what the problem could be. I have some random issues with XP, where it won't let me copy a file or save over one for no apparent reason. A restart usually solves it

thanks for the tips. Did that but still the same. Havent restart my PC yet as there is something to be done.
Start>Run>CMD, browse the folder, and type in "attrib -s -h -r".
Quote from wheel4hummer :Start>Run>CMD, browse the folder, and type in "attrib -s -h -r".

how do I do that? I just type in the full address of the folder and it says "E:\filename\LFS_VIEWER_S2S_ALPHA\data\skins" is not a parameter.. ?? huh?
you need to go folder by folder to get there.

Let's say your in C:\WINDOWS\System32
To go to C:\root you need to type:
- cd...
- cd...

"cd..." means back in CMD.

and to go back to C:\WINDOWS\System32 you type :
- cd WINDOWS
- cd System32

"cd [folder name]" obviusly means go to [location of next folder in line]

so if your target folder is: "E:\filename\LFS_VIEWER_S2S_ALPHA\data\skins"; and you're on E:\root you need to type:

- cd filename
- cd LFS_VIEWER_S2S_ALPHA
- cd data
- cd skins

And type help for list of all commands
wow.. thanks alot for the guide BlackEye. Currently, I can copy the skins but, in 2 window mode. I cant do it in one window mode. It's weird huh. I dont know what have happened to my PC recently. Also had this same problem with my previous HD which failed on me last year. sigh..

I'll just keep with it as long as I could. Thanks for the help guys.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG