The online racing simulator
Unlocking S2
(8 posts, started )
#1 - fr00t
Unlocking S2
Please bear with me before throwing me to the lions

I just downloaded S2 after wiping mg HD, and there is no unlock button. I redownloaded the latest version from the website, and used the latest patch, but there is no button still. I've searched the forums, and cant seem to see this anywhere else, so I decided to make a post and hope the flaming is not too terrible.

Any advice please?
#2 - SamH
Which operating system are you running? Win98? XP? Vista?
#3 - fr00t
win xp, 1gig ram, 6800gt, audigy5.1

I've been using LFS for 2 years now, and this is the first time i've had this problem
#4 - SamH
I've just done a search for the same problem, which I'd seen before but couldn't remember the solution, and then I found it...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... p;highlight=unlock+button

It suggests downloading the game again, but from a DIFFERENT mirror. In the above thread, this solved the problem.

Keep us posted
#5 - fr00t
thank you soooo much, it worked. Just for info, the bad version I downloaded was from liveforspeed.net so perhaps a new link might be in order

Seriously, thanks
#6 - SamH
Smashing! Glad you're unlocked again! See you on track!

By the way, if you can remember which link out of the list of mirrors was the one that DIDN'T work, let me know!
#7 - fr00t
Well this is really old but....
I had this problem when upgrading from S1 to S2.
However, before downloading the game again try this-----Click your name on the first screen, then click Lock to return the game to the demo. An unlock button shows up and you're good to go.
Anyway i'm off to learn some news cars and tracks....

Unlocking S2
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG