The online racing simulator
New LFS ISO is out (DVD)
(33 posts, started )
#1 - Pasci
New LFS ISO is out (DVD)
Hello

Now, you can download the new DVD ISO of Live for Speed S2 0.5V incl. many tools, mods, textures, skins and others.

All additional informations (mirror links too) about the content of the ISO is available on the dedicated website Live for Speed S2 :: Inoffizielle DVD ISO (german) or Live for Speed S2 :: Unofficial DVD ISO (english) (the automatic language selection doesn't work; sorry - hope I can fix that soon). I hope, you like it! You will find also pictures of the new autorun/dvd menu on this site.

Some features are:
- setup/website language: english and german
- little selection of hires textures
- little selection of car skins
- better autorun with ALL tracks/layouts
- some changeable settings of the autorun (e.g. movie selection, track/car pictures)

Of course feedback is highly appreciated.

Lot of fun with the second Unofficial (DVD) ISO of LFS
Pasci

IMPORTANT
The usage of the DVD ISO resp. of the included programs is been done on your own risk. I don't take any responsibility for potential damage (hard- or software), which are caused by using this DVD ISO and/or included programs.
Excellent news! I made copies of the last version for a few friends and will probably do the same this time. I really like the idea of a ready-to-go ISO, but was actually thinking about doing my own so that I could include particular textures, movies, etc. I'll definitely check out this one and see what it has in store.

edit: Looks like the ISO is only downloadable as three parts. It also looks like those three parts are over 1GB combined. I'm not sure how that's supposed to fit on a single CD-ROM.
It says it's a DVD ISO ^^
#4 - SamH
My bad. The last time Pasci made an ISO like this it was CD. Seems to me that if I'm gonna bother blowing a DVD, I'd wanna cram it completely full of stuff. You could probably fit every single high-res texture made on there, plus a good three dozen movies, and all the external tools and InSim apps.
But why a DVD? Couldn't you have arranged it for a CD? More convenient
#7 - SamH
You can't get 2 gallons in a 1 gallon tank
#8 - robt
actually you can, but i wont go there tonight, its bedtime
#9 - Pasci
Quote from Knight_Atack :But why a DVD? Couldn't you have arranged it for a CD? More convenient

You can remove some movies (and modify the autorun/config/movie.cfg file), so the ISO should be small enough to fit on a CD-ROM.
Nice Work Pasci!
hey Pascal! thx for taking my movies into your ISO.
Does anyone knows how to download this with wget, i'm not getting it done.
I had some of these tools too, but this ISO is a must, because it has them all organized, and easily installable.

Especially for beginners, this is a reference collection.

Well done Pasci, keep up the good work!!
Congragulations
any FAST mirrors out there? The mirrors offered on this site simply are sooo damn slow...
NICE ISO! I don't need it, but thats a really cool idea.

I wanna make a boxed version of LFS some day. I could put a full DVD of skins, replay analyzers, insim mods, and all sorts of stuff. Then I could buy a voucher code, include it in the box, and then sell it on a localized sale site for $50-$60USD, and make my own online shop.
Nice idea, I got it, simply because I am anal about stuff like this, and it makes it easier to distribute to "non-LFS'ers"
now all i need are instructions on how to get this stuff on a dvd (yes, i've got a dvd writer and some software which came with it, but i still have no clue and never did anything like this before)
I use Nero 7

1) Nero express

2) Burn from Image file

There are a number of freeware progs that can burn from an iso though
now i have the 3 exes on a dvd. i guess that's wrong?
Yup

1) download the 3 files from the ISO project.

2) Run the first file (.exe) file

3) This un-rar's all 3 files to a .ISO image file

4) Burn .ISO image file using your burning software
ah, that works, thx. just found out that the english instructions on the page are much better than the german ones
Quote from Da Hoe :ah, that works, thx. just found out that the english instructions on the page are much better than the german ones

I hope, the german description what to do after downloading is now better/clear. thanks for your feedback
#23 - Jakg
Yay for slow hosts, don't fancy downloading a gb at 60 kb/s
Quote from SchneeFee :hey Pascal! thx for taking my movies into your ISO.

you're welcome - thanks for your permission
Is there anything wrong with the skins installers?
I can't install anything regardless the size of the disk.
And yes, i have accept the license agreement .

New LFS ISO is out (DVD)
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG