The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :People who play more casually probably don't have the time to learn a whole new combo and get good at it - even for pros it can take most of an evening to really get on the pace.

As a racer who thought I had a high number of AS3/GTR laps (around 1700), I have to disagree with this as I've seen many folks with 4-5000 laps at this combo. That's around 2/3rds my total LFS laps for two years these people have in just one combo illepall .

Quote :Also people often don't like the challenge, hence the "easier" circuits are popular, like SO Sprint 1 / Classic (S1 days anyway), Aston Club & National, Blackwood (to a certain extend, it is a great track regardless) and the Oval. Most of those corners are very light on corners, and due to the cars chosen (i.e. FOX... yawn) most corners are flat... where's the fun in that?

Yup, this is what the problem is. No one wants a challenge. They learn one thing and that's all they want and are satisfied with it.
#27 - ste_
For me, it's mainly because it's not the car or the track that make good races, it's the players. And most players stick to a short list of car/track combos that they know well.
Quote from Bob Smith :People who play more casually probably don't have the time to learn a whole new combo and get good at it - even for pros it can take most of an evening to really get on the pace.

That's a good thing though, or at least it was when we used to do the Odd Combo Club thing quite regularly. Nobody was ever "on the pace" because nobody knew the combo, so it didn't matter. And when the fast guys did turn up they'd at least spend one or two races having to battle us scrubs for positions until they found a quicker way round.
Quote from mrodgers :I don't even race anymore. I'm playing around on the CLC servers. This thread topic is exactly why. Though, we in the US are under a slightly different situation with the lack of people playing rather than only lack of people playing anywhere but Aston GTR/FOX. We do have that problem too though.

<snip>

I won't even race there anymore. I spent about 12 hours trying to get the LX6 (why I would do that when I can drive it anywhere else I don't know...). A bunch of cops were on the other day and they decided to open the bank. No explanation of the rules involved in this situation are given on the website, nor were they communicated to those on the server. So upon going into the bank and "stealing" some money, I was promptly busted by cops driving full-size GTR's while I was in my little LX6.

Cop: Forbin - please spectate.
Forbin: What? Why?
Cop: You were busted. See !cars.
Forbin: !cars
Cars available:
Forbin: wtf...

So while the cop that busted me got the 6000 I "stole" from the bank, I lost 15000. I told them I was never coming back after that. There are much more fun ways of wasting my time than running lap after lap at FE Black in a UF1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG