The online racing simulator
STCC open hosts and TBO class
(95 posts, started )
I don't know if I like that idea, depends on the rate I guess.

OT: Sam get on TS =P
Quote from traxxion :
(podium_places / total_races)*100%
e.g. license_status = ( (podium_places/total_races) + (amount_of_races*factor) ) * 100%

[OT]If you dare to write *100% again, I'll come to your house and ....uhmmm... remove your copy of lfs!
*100% is the most pointless thing you can write. It's exactly like writing *100/100. or *1. % isn't a unit. I just can't stand unneccessary(sp?) operations [/OT]
#78 - SamH
Quote from herki :...I'll come to your house and ....uhmmm... remove your copy of lfs!

ROFL! This made me burst out laughing! I'm no mathematician, either
#79 - Vain
I'm gonna do something stupid now: I'll go back to the topic.

I don't believe that a change in the STCC-server structure would change anything about the car-preferance of the drivers. The FXO is very popular because it's both quick and easy to drive. A different structure won't change that.
Also, if you make single-car servers the aspect of multi-car driving is gone. I enjoy driving with different cars a lot. As an XRT driver I take several places from the standing start and the FXOs only have a few laps to get those back. If I'm quick I can keep some distance until well into lap 2, which means I only have to defend for 3-4 laps (mostly). That's definitely manageable and lots of fun.
Though I understand that I'd safe myself a lot of trouble by choosing the FXO. I'd be quicker, as simple as that. But I don't think we can do anything about it until the devs change the situation.

Vain
#80 - SamH
Vain, we changed it last night so that on the Silver & Gold server, the XRT and RB4 were the only ones accessible to Silver licenced drivers. Even the Gold licenced drivers (apart from one or two) opted to drive XRT and RB4. I was surprised how keen people were, when nudged, to drive the two slower cars. Almost entire fields.. and it was KEWL!
#81 - Worm
nothing interesting
Quote from SamH :Vain, we changed it last night so that on the Silver & Gold server, the XRT and RB4 were the only ones accessible to Silver licenced drivers. Even the Gold licenced drivers (apart from one or two) opted to drive XRT and RB4. I was surprised how keen people were, when nudged, to drive the two slower cars. Almost entire fields.. and it was KEWL!

Awesome! I hate getting beat by FXO's simply because they are faster on the straits than me =)
#83 - Davo
Had some excellent close racing last night in the XRT and RB4, even now I won't be touching the FXO after finally getting gold. The new system is great IMO and evens up the racing.
#84 - vari
Hey the sun shines in this thread again

Wondering about points balancing...Could someone tell me what position in the XRT equals a win in the FXO points wise? (assuming that other variables stay the same)

P.S. It'd be nice if the site had more information about these things, track rotation, times and such
The points system is a Voodoo Art and is known only to a select few, it's the way the organisers wanted. I don't know it btw.

Track rotation is random, I believe it used to rotate every 6 races but has been changed to every 2 hours as people said that they didn't have time to get used to the new combos the old way.
Quote from vari :Hey the sun shines in this thread again

Wondering about points balancing...Could someone tell me what position in the XRT equals a win in the FXO points wise? (assuming that other variables stay the same)

P.S. It'd be nice if the site had more information about these things, track rotation, times and such

Well in the XRT you would get more than double the points than that of an FXO for placing in the same position. An RB4 would get double. There are a ton of factors, but that gives you a rough idea.

For exact rules pls click http://license.ukct.net/
#87 - vari
Quote from Bean0 :The points system is a Voodoo Art and is known only to a select few, it's the way the organisers wanted. I don't know it btw.

Oh well. I suppose one could make an accurate enough guess by driving and taking notes about the accumulated points but I was hoping that someone could save me the trouble

EDIT:

Quote from Viper93 :Well in the XRT you would get more than double the points than that of an FXO for placing in the same position. An RB4 would get double. There are a ton of factors, but that gives you a rough idea.

For exact rules pls click http://license.ukct.net/

Yes I know all that but it really doesn't answer the question since I doubt that the point system is linear. Even if it is one would have to know what's the last place you get points from
Quote from vari :Oh well. I suppose one could make an accurate enough guess by driving and taking notes about the accumulated points but I was hoping that someone could save me the trouble

Please don't do that, it will ruin the fun of it =P
#89 - vari
Quote from Viper93 :Please don't do that, it will ruin the fun of it =P

I'm just looking for an excuse to use the XRT all the time no matter what the combo and opposition is

Might encourage others to use RB4 and XRT too, who knows. I was under the impression that you still have to be fairly competitive in the XRT to equal a win in an FXO but not sure, really.
Quote from vari :I'm just looking for an excuse to use the XRT all the time no matter what the combo and opposition is

Might encourage others to use RB4 and XRT too, who knows. I was under the impression that you still have to be fairly competitive in the XRT to equal a win in an FXO but not sure, really.

Well that site gives you a good idea. You make double the points in XRT as you do FXO. In a full server anywhere between 5-10 people will recieve points. So with double you could place in the top 5 and still make the same amount of points as someone in the FXO who won. I don't know the exact points but thats not the idea behind the system. The system is there to make close racing, not to see who can get the most points per race.
#91 - vari
Quote from Viper93 :In a full server anywhere between 5-10 people will recieve points.

That's just it, 5, 10 or 20? Big difference there if you think about it. 0 times 2 is still zero

I understand if this cannot be revealed, no problem. I can make a ballpark guess
Quote from vari :That's just it, 5, 10 or 20? Big difference there if you think about it. 0 times 2 is still zero

I understand if this cannot be revealed, no problem. I can make a ballpark guess

I'm pretty sure that Becky said you get a single point just for finishing, which would then be multiplied.

When I'm racing, I have Firefox open with 2 tabs showing the license page.
Refresh one and you can see how you did in the last race, as well as how many points others have scored
Quote from vari :That's just it, 5, 10 or 20? Big difference there if you think about it. 0 times 2 is still zero

I guess your missing the point I am trying to say. Your not supposed to know, thats the whole idea of the system.
And if the STCC server systems aims to reward the best racers with the chance of race in STCC, it would be kinda counter productive to this to give everyone a point just for finishin the race, no matter what car. Everyone can win in FXO but it takes some serious cojones to win in XRT against skilled FXOs. If you are able to pull it off, then you get alot more points and also you are a smore skilled driver, a driver like STCC wants
#95 - SamH
The system does actually give a point for completing a race. This is because race experience counts for something. Racing in a pack, becoming spacially aware of other drivers, learning to heed blue flags and yellow flags, learning the ideal lines of a track (even if you can't make the car follow them).. racecraft.. it's all going in your noggin, as you go from completely inexperienced to "not a complete noob".

Feasibly, you can make it to the Public Silver & Gold server without ever finishing in a podium position, but in the worst case scenario of finishing last in every race to get there, you'll have 1300 races on STCC servers under your belt. If, in that time, you haven't attracted the attention of the admins I think it's probably fair to say you've earned your seat, even if you're not the fastest driver out there

STCC open hosts and TBO class
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG